Demon's Souls, Miles Morales Ultimate Edition, and Returnal are on sale for $50 (Miles Morales by itself is $40), Sackboy is $40

SaysWho?

Ultimate Edition as Miles Morales and the PS5 version of Marvel's Spider-Man. If you already own the PS4 version, it's perfectly fine playing it on a PS5, so I'd get the standard edition if you don't have Miles Morales.

Do not sleep on Sackboy. Great platformer.

Returnal is terrific.

Demon's Souls is terrific.

• SaysWho? changed the title to Demon's Souls, Miles Morales Ultimate Edition, and Returnal are on sale for $50 (Miles Morales by itself is $40), Sackboy is $40
25 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

Back in my day, games debuted at $50. Now they are on sale and considered a BARGAIN at that same price?!? What has happened to this industry?

hardware-cloud.jpg

Wait until you hear how much the Skyward Sword re-release is going to cost :p

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Amazatron said:

You don’t remember the $80 SNES games?

Actually, yes. I bought Street Fighter II: The World Warrior for about that much. That was a rarity, though. Most of my purchases back then were Game Boy games, which went for $20 a pop. 

Goddamnit I'm old. :p 

53 minutes ago, Joe said:

Wait until you hear how much the Skyward Sword re-release is going to cost :p

$60, no? 

....for the amiibo. :p 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

I love Grant, but if you're a big Nintendo fan, complaining about other prices is weird as all hell. :p 

Let me complain what I wanna complain about! (wasn't complaining actually, it is a bargain, but I understand context is difficult in text-form)

*grumble grumble PlaystationXbox grumble grumble*

• Shocked 1

21 hours ago, vaxick said:

Returnal is tempting, but I'm so turned off by the lack of save points.  I want to play the game, but I don't want to leave PS5 in sleep mode just to be able to maintain my session in the game.

I mean, I have never powered off my ps5 unless I was unplugging it for some reason. Im still not sure why people have this unfounded fear of sleep mode. 

On 6/21/2021 at 12:59 PM, GameDadGrant said:

Actually, yes. I bought Street Fighter II: The World Warrior for about that much. That was a rarity, though. Most of my purchases back then were Game Boy games, which went for $20 a pop. 

Goddamnit I'm old. :p 

$60, no? 

....for the amiibo. :p 

It wasn't that rare. A lot of SNES games hit that price. 

22 hours ago, vaxick said:

Returnal is tempting, but I'm so turned off by the lack of save points.  I want to play the game, but I don't want to leave PS5 in sleep mode just to be able to maintain my session in the game.

This is why I quit playing it. It's a great game don't get me wrong. But doing nearly hour long runs back to back to back only to come up short with nothing to show for it? Nah. I ain't got time for all that.

10 hours ago, Dodger said:

I remember when I somehow convinced my dad to buy me Phantasy Star IV for $99. Thanks dad because I played the shit out of it and it’s my second favorite game of all time after FFVI.

I remember my mom buying Star Wars Shadow of the Empire for the N64 for $90. That released in December 1996 just a few months after the 64 released in America. 

10 hours ago, Dodger said:

I remember when I somehow convinced my dad to buy me Phantasy Star IV for $99. Thanks dad because I played the shit out of it and it’s my second favorite game of all time after FFVI.

I'm surprised you put FFVI so high up. :thinking:

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

I remember my mom buying Star Wars Shadow of the Empire for the N64 for $90. That released in December 1996 just a few months after the 64 released in America. 

Yeah I thought it was $80 but N64 games were expensive