~* Tripe/Counter-Tripe *~

8 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

Disney is fine. Just, adults who base their personality on media made for children are always a little off.

And growing up in eastern Washington meant that the only theme park I've ever been to is Silverwood.

The singular perk of growing up in Ohio was easy access to kings island and cedar point. So many roller coasters

Disney is in the process of taking the woke scalpel to the Jungle Cruise. Trader Sam is out because he might offend certain people. Every grown-up in the room realizes that Trader Sam is not a representation of reality and is meant as a funny and silly caricature. It is no more based in racism than every Disney caricature of an out-of-touch white American dad.

Trader-Sam-scaled.jpg

Everyone that I know that's gone to Galaxy's Edge has talked about how it's not really "for kids" insomuch as it is for people that grew up with Star Wars. I haven't been to Disneyworld the 90's but even then it was clear how much effort they spent on attracting adults and not just kids.

Also I dunno that "Disney fan" as an adult identity is weirder than something like... "baseball fan." Motherfuckers spend money, time, energy, and emotional investment managing their fantasy teams. Some people like Splash Mountain. Who cares?

12 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Everyone that I know that's gone to Galaxy's Edge has talked about how it's not really "for kids" insomuch as it is for people that grew up with Star Wars. I haven't been to Disneyworld the 90's but even then it was clear how much effort they spent on attracting adults and not just kids.

Also I dunno that "Disney fan" as an adult identity is weirder than something like... "baseball fan." Motherfuckers spend money, time, energy, and emotional investment managing their fantasy teams. Some people like Splash Mountain. Who cares?

It's literally become a gang thing. Not that gangs have taken it over, the superfans have formed gangs.

?url=https%3A%2F%2Fi.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2FNv
WWW.LATIMES.COM

Groups of Disney superfans like to roam Disneyland in packs, called social clubs, wearing matching vests. But a lawsuit contends that some clubs are acting more like gangs. The suit blames Disneyland for not acting on the problem.

2 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

This board is stuck in a bubble of its own. We often forget we are the 1% of gamers that spend ass tons of money for the newest gpu or TV and argue over the intricacies of game deals between mega companies. We devote our time to find out the newest info on games and hardware.  We just had a thread not to long ago showing off peoples set ups , entire rooms set up for video games but people doing the same shit for Disney and some how you are damn weirdo 

6 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

This board is stuck in a bubble of its own. We often forget we are the 1% of gamers that spend ass tons of money for the newest gpu or TV and argue over the intricacies of game deals between mega companies. We devote our time to find out the newest info on games and hardware.  We just had a thread not to long ago showing off peoples set ups , entire rooms set up for video games but people doing the same shit for Disney and some how you are damn weirdo 

10 hours ago, Jason said:

Disney is in the process of taking the woke scalpel to the Jungle Cruise. Trader Sam is out because he might offend certain people. Every grown-up in the room realizes that Trader Sam is not a representation of reality and is meant as a funny and silly caricature. It is no more based in racism than every Disney caricature of an out-of-touch white American dad.

Trader-Sam-scaled.jpg