Marvel's Spider-Man (Be Greater) and Miles Morales (Be Yourself) OT - update: Miles Morales PC release on 18 November 2022

Pikachu

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales OT - Be Yourself, update: reviews from OpenCritic posted

Has anyone run into a few game glitches where you do a side mission but doesn’t complete. I have had this happen twice with them saying I haven’t defeated all enemies. They are all down (scan proves it) but can hear audio of one of the bad guys still groaning as if they are still being attacked. Have to restart mission to complete them and had it happen near the beginning on the bridge with the bus. I webbed up the wheels before the prompt showed up on screen and wouldn’t progress to me hitting the triangle button to web and hold it back. Other than that, I’m loving the game

21 minutes ago, silentbob said:

Has anyone run into a few game glitches where you do a side mission but doesn’t complete. I have had this happen twice with them saying I haven’t defeated all enemies. They are all down (scan proves it) but can hear audio of one of the bad guys still groaning as if they are still being attacked. Have to restart mission to complete them and had it happen near the beginning on the bridge with the bus. I webbed up the wheels before the prompt showed up on screen and wouldn’t progress to me hitting the triangle button to web and hold it back. Other than that, I’m loving the game

I haven't had this happen yet, but i'm still pretty early in the game.

This and Astro have been perfect for me. I got plat’s in both (my second and third ever), and it was just the right amount of extra play ti stop the gane from getting annoying. 

Miles is so much more fun to fight with than peter was (which was still absolutely awesome) that it makes me wonder what they’ll do with Pete for SM2. Even just going back to 2018 SM, its still fun, but just seems far more basic without venom. Im good without camo though, it made some stuff too easy, even on the hardest difficulty. 

it’s definitely in contention for my GotY. Probably not a winner when we have games like Ghost of Tsushima, tLoU2, FF7, and Valhalla, but its top 5 of one of the best years of gaming I can remember. And Cyberpunk in 3 weeks!

2 hours ago, silentbob said:

You also wonder if they would go the way of every else Spider-Man and bring it into the Spider-Verse. Maybe they will just introduce Ghost-Spider and give her her own game. Either way, they’ll get my money in the end

Naww, the next game is definitely Petes. 
Did you play this?  Nobody here is talking about the story very much, but its really fun, touching, and sad at different points. Im shocked that im this impressed. 

3 hours ago, Pikachu said:

I'm sure insomniac will give Pete some fun stuff in the next game. Very possible that they will go with the Symbiote and Venom story line which will give him the Symbiote powers for an Act or 2.

Honestly, I don’t know how they nail that. Venoms attacks are incredibly diverse. I hope they nail it if they go that way. 

1 hour ago, BloodyHell said:

Naww, the next game is definitely Petes. 
Did you play this?  Nobody here is talking about the story very much, but its really fun, touching, and sad at different points. Im shocked that im this impressed. 

I think I’m near the end and probably have 2 main missions left from what I can tell. It’s a short story but a well done (like you said) touching story with nice side quest fun. I’ve spent probably 70-80% of my time just doing side missions and side quests to enrich the narrative on these lesser seen characters. Plus the jutted animation you can unlock with the Spider-Verse costume is amazing 

44 minutes ago, silentbob said:

I think I’m near the end and probably have 2 main missions left from what I can tell. It’s a short story but a well done (like you said) touching story with nice side quest fun. I’ve spent probably 70-80% of my time just doing side missions and side quests to enrich the narrative on these lesser seen characters. Plus the jutted animation you can unlock with the Spider-Verse costume is amazing 

Let us know when you finish!

17 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

You need a 100 hit for the platinum. I beat the game twice on spectacular, but it took me 30 tries to get it in one of the underground roxxon labs. It was the hardest trophy in the game by far.

Between work, commuting other games currently playing and trying to get decent sleep i haven't had the time to finish a game in a long time. 

Typing this as the credits are rolling by. I really enjoyed the story and rounds out everything nicely. I enjoyed my battle against The Tinkerer better then what we got from Doc Oc in the first game. Plus you also get a nice tease after the animated credits end at where the story will be heading next. Rolling credits are still happening but you get a fun JJJ audio moment. 

6 hours ago, silentbob said:

Typing this as the credits are rolling by. I really enjoyed the story and rounds out everything nicely. I enjoyed my battle against The Tinkerer better then what we got from Doc Oc in the first game. Plus you also get a nice tease after the animated credits end at where the story will be heading next. Rolling credits are still happening but you get a fun JJJ audio moment. 

I loved the Doc Ock fight. But I agree, the Tinkerer is better.

how about that explosive ending?

brought tears to my eyes, something yhat rarely happens. 

3 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

I loved the Doc Ock fight. But I agree, the Tinkerer is better.

how about that explosive ending?

brought tears to my eyes, something yhat rarely happens. 

i kind knew where it was going so I kept the waterworks in check. Plus a Stupid YouTube recommended videos kinda plastered the ending for me to check out. I went for a clue video twice when my game glitched out and wouldn’t allow me to pursue forward in the game and well, shit got kinda spoiled. :angry:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Finally got this thanks to @Zaku3, played a little bit yesterday. I’m super conflicted for what mode to run the game in: RT Performance mode offers some (definitely not all) of the great reflections that make a HUGE difference (in the PS4 game, not having SM reflect on office buildings looked weird to me), however, the draw distance/LOD for things is noticeably reduced to the point that NYC seems abandoned as you web-swing through it, but the 60fps makes a big difference... fidelity mode, though, looks incredible, like, videos I’ve seen don’t do it justice - the reflections on buildings seem to hit pretty-much everything in the city, even stuff way off in the distance, and the city seems super-alive and vibrant as you web-sling overhead, but the 30fps seems horrible after being in 60fps for more than a few minutes, to the point I kept getting “stuck” on buildings during challenges. WHAT TO DO WITH MY FIRST-WORLD PROBLEMS :p 

4 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Finally got this thanks to @Zaku3, played a little bit yesterday. I’m super conflicted for what mode to run the game in: RT Performance mode offers some (definitely not all) of the great reflections that make a HUGE difference (in the PS4 game, not having SM reflect on office buildings looked weird to me), however, the draw distance/LOD for things is noticeably reduced to the point that NYC seems abandoned as you web-swing through it, but the 60fps makes a big difference... fidelity mode, though, looks incredible, like, videos I’ve seen don’t do it justice - the reflections on buildings seem to hit pretty-much everything in the city, even stuff way off in the distance, and the city seems super-alive and vibrant as you web-sling overhead, but the 30fps seems horrible after being in 60fps for more than a few minutes, to the point I kept getting “stuck” on buildings during challenges. WHAT TO DO WITH MY FIRST-WORLD PROBLEMS :p 

The solution is to wait for the PS5 Pro :p

• Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

7 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

That’s interesting, that doesn’t seem to match my experience with rt performance or digital foundry’s findings at least in regards to RT amount. They said that the amount of objects that reflect is the same it’s just a lower resolution quality basically.

I also didn’t really notice the lod change and I don’t recall that being reported but could be wrong/not noticing on that one. The pedestrian traffic is lowered so that will def make it seem more empty, but it’s still pretty good compared to other games.

Either way, the fidelity mode obviously looks better and amazing still..when you are standing still. To me that hit from 60fps to 30fps isn’t acceptable with the performance rt mode available and the regular performance mode loses way too much obviously with no ray tracing, so neither are really an option anymore for me.