Marvel's Spider-Man (Be Greater) and Miles Morales (Be Yourself) OT - update: Miles Morales PC release on 18 November 2022

Pikachu

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Marvel's Spider-Man (Be Greater) and Miles Morales (Be Yourself) OT - update: PC version officially "Steam Deck Verified"

Game Information

Game Title: Marvel's Spider-Man: Remastered

Platforms:

• PlayStation 5 (Nov 12, 2020)
  • PC (Aug 12, 2022)

Publisher: Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC.

Review Aggregator:

OpenCritic - 88 average - 98% recommended

Critic Reviews

Cubed3 - 10 / 10

It is rare to see such a strongly varied game, based on a beloved license such as Spiderman, hit all of the right notes and deliver in such a satisfying fashion. The simplicity yet sheer variety in combat is unapparelled, traversal is mind-blowingly fun and cathartic, and the soundtrack is epic, not only the musical score but the voice acting as well. Visually, Marvel's Spiderman Remastered looks outstanding, with raytracing and 60fps, which is exactly the type of quality that New York's favourite superhero deserves. PlayStation owners and Spiderman fans who do not own this are doing themselves an absolute injustice as it is quite simply one of the best games available on the system.

Press Start - 10 / 10

Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered on PC is still the fantastic experience that it was on PS4, but now with a little bit of extra polish and shine from a graphical standpoint. If you haven't played this game, jump in, and if you played it on the PS4/PS5 it might just be time to get swinging once more.

God is a Geek - 9.5 / 10

A fully complete, accessible version of Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered that will run on most systems, is at home on the portable Steam Deck, and feels fresh and brilliant even four years after release.

Impulsegamer - 4.6 / 5

Intended to complement Spider-Man: Miles Morales, this return to the game that started it all is well worth taking a gander at, even if ironically being bundled with Miles may have cast an even larger light on Spider-Man: Remastered's flaws, as the tighter story and streamlined objectives of the former really draw attention to the more grindier portions present in the later stages of the game.

AusGamers - 9 / 10

In the end, Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered presents the most visually impressive version of a brilliant comic book adaptation to date. And a game that feels every bit as big now as it did back in 2018. Insomniac nails the swinging mechanics to the point where it kind of feels like a magic trick, and the cinematic spectacle is just about always next-level.

CGMagazine - 9 / 10

Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered for PC misses out on a few quality-of-life changes, but this definitive port blows the PS5 version away with limitless customization on graphics, controls and performance tuning.

Game Rant - 4.5 / 5

Marvel's Spider-Man makes the jump to PC with a bevy of graphics options that can push even the most high-end systems.

Game Revolution - 9 / 10

With the Spider-Man Remastered PC version, gamers are getting the smoothest edition of the web-slinger complete with a comprehensive suite of graphical settings. This is exactly what we need from PlayStation games making their way to PC!

GameGrin - 9 / 10

Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered is without a doubt the definitive way to experience this excellent Spider-Man game for newcomers as well as returning fans. The new Peter might take some getting used to, but you'll forget all about him when you're thwiping through New York at 60FPS.

GameSpew - 9 / 10

For PC gamers who are fans of everything Marvel, or at least the friendly neighbourhood Spider-Man, this PC port of Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered is pretty much essential. It’s as fun becoming Spider-Man today as it was back in 2018, with his web-slinging antics wonderfully brought to life. Factor in the enhanced performance and visuals, as well as the wealth of content, and you have one of the best superhero games ever made.

Gaming Nexus - 9 / 10

Nixxes has done a great job adding some PC centric features for Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered and it runs well if you have a good machine. The reflections really add to the visuals and the gameplay is tight. There are a few bugs here and there and DLSS isn't working correctly. Get this on the PC if you haven't played it.

GamingBolt - 9 / 10

If you haven't already heard about Marvel's Spider-Man, it's a great game, and the new PC release is basically the best way to play it. Alongside great performance, the PC version also supports some niche PC options, including Steam Controllers, and the Steam Deck verification means that it can also run on Linux.

GamingTrend - 90 / 100

Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered is the definitive way to play the game, whether you've played the original or not, and it's so good you should play it again.

Hardcore Gamer - 4.5 / 5

Marvel's Spider-Man is one of - if not the best - adaptation of a comic book franchise, and the PC version only better highlights Insomniac's work.

IGN - 9 / 10

Spider-Man Remastered is the definitive version of one of the best superhero games ever made.

Impulsegamer - 4.5 / 5

As a person who played all the Spider-Man games since Sega Genesis' Spider-Man vs. The Kingpin, Insomniac's version of the New-York city's wall crawler is the best Spider-Man game ever released. The game holds up pretty well both in visuals and gameplay mechanics. Though there are some drawbacks and shortcomings, they are not game-breaking or in any way stop the players from enjoying the title. To make a long story short, Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered is a diamond in the rough.

Nexus Hub - 9 / 10

Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered can proudly stand on the podium with some of the best remasters in video games. Thanks to all that the PS5 offers, it vastly improves and upgrades the experience to make it the most next-gen feeling it's ever been.

PlayStation Universe - 9 / 10

The fact remains however that Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered is easily one of the best superhero games on PC, at least until Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales rocks up very shortly anyhow, and fans of drop-dead gorgeous open world action adventures that do tremendous justice to the original source material will find very much to love here. Quite simply, Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered turbocharges the superhero genre on PC and it has been a long time coming.

Push Square - 9 / 10

Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered may be tacked onto Miles Morales, but it is a worthwhile addition to PS5 library. Newcomers will have a blast swinging through New York for the first time, while veterans will appreciate all the new changes and additions, while still getting to transfer their PS4 save. Undoubtedly, the removal of load times is the highlight here, but all of the graphical enhancements show just how amazing Spider-Man can be. Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered is easily the definitive way to play Insomniac's Spider-Man and comes with a huge recommendation for all web-slingers.

Screen Rant - 4.5 / 5

Overall, Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered is absolutely delightful.

TheSixthAxis - 9 / 10

The arrival of Marvel's Spider-Man on PC brings one of PlayStation's signature stars to a new platform. It looks fantastic, plays well across a variety of setups, and is one of the best games of the last five years. It is, in other words, essential, though you might want to wait for it to go on sale.

ThisGenGaming - 9 / 10

Marvel’s Spider-Man: Remastered comes bundled with the Ultimate Edition of Miles Morales on PlayStation 5 and it complements it really well. It’s the perfect place for newcomers to start and players like myself who already played it on PlayStation 4 will likely find it worth playing again just to experience the improved visuals, better performance, and near zero load times. Even two years later, Insomniac’s first take on Spider-Man is still one of the best playing super hero video games of all time.

TrueGaming - Arabic - 9 / 10

Sony's hit list on PC is only growing and Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered  is a terrific addition to that list, its was a very solid game all around and one of the best super-hero adventures when it came out first, and it still is.

Twinfinite - 4.5 / 5

Marvel’s Spider-Man continues to be one of the best superhero video games released in the last decade, thanks in no small part to Yuri Lowenthal’s committed and passionate performance as Peter Parker, and the overall lighthearted tone that keeps players feeling good over the course of its 20-hour runtime. I wouldn’t necessarily recommend that you run out and buy it if you’ve already played the base game at launch, but if you’re looking for an excuse to jump back in and take a crack at all the DLC missions that have released since then, you can’t go wrong here.

Vamers - 90 / 100

Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered is great, and wonderful on PlayStation 5. A must-have for any big fan, but otherwise not worth the cost of entry if you already own the game on PS4.

Video Chums - 9 / 10

If you haven't played Marvel's Spider-Man yet then this Remastered release will be sure to knock your socks off as you zip through New York City while beating the crap out of a wide variety of nogoodniks and discovering oodles of fun treats along the way.

Worth Playing - 9 / 10

Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered remains an excellent superhero adventure game, but the move to PC elevates it as the best version of the adventure thus far, mainly thanks to the various available graphical options. From full native 4K with a beefier ray tracing implementation to lots of tweakable graphical options, it looks gorgeous and a little better than the PS5 iteration. If you already have the console version, then there's not too much reason to dip into this adventure again, but for those experiencing the title for the first time, Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered is a perfect way to dive into the adventure and get yourselves ready for Spider-Man: Miles Morales, which arrives in a few months.

COGconnected - 85 / 100

Bottom line, just about anyone with a relatively recent PC and GPU can find a performance and graphics sweet spot. When it comes to options, this port was done right. For anyone who missed it on PlayStation 4, or doesn’t have a PS5, the PC Remastered edition of Marvel’s Spider-Man is essential gaming. PS5 players who already own the Remastered Edition won’t get anything new. At launch, Marvel’s Spider-Man was a great game with some minor flaws. It still is. While I wish the PC version had just a little something extra, it’s hard not to recommend it.

Merlin'in Kazanı - Turkish - 85 / 100

The PC version of Spider-Man has broken the chains of an already successful game. The game, released in 2018, manages to stay up to date with its PC features.

PlayStation Universe - 8.5 / 10

Marvel's Spider-Man: Remastered swings onto PlayStation 5 and brings with it a sterling remastering of one of 2018's best games. Though perhaps not quite essential for rabid players who have explored every nook and cranny of Insomniac's impeccably realised Marvel New York, Marvel's Spider-Man: Remastered is must-have gaming for everyone who has yet to sample the heroic adventures of the original friendly, neighbourhood Spider-Man.

Tom's Hardware Italia - Italian - 8.5 / 10

Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered is, undoubtedly, an operation that will cause discussion for how it was proposed to users but this, although important, factor, does not affect the qualities of a title that already in 2018 boasted of being the best video game, dedicated to Spider-Man, ever made.

XGN.nl - Dutch - 8.5 / 10

The remaster of Spider-Man's 2018 adventure offers a range of impressive graphical upgrades but offers little extra compared to the PS4 original. The new Peter Parker is a welcome change for long-time Spider-Man fans as his looks come closer to the version we know from the comic books. Aside from that, the only thing that holds this game back is that it's only available if you buy the Miles Morales Ultimate Edition. A true shame for new players.

Attack of the Fanboy - 4 / 5

At the end of the day, though, most of you don’t need a review to sway you to buy Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered on PC. It’s Spider-Man. If you want it, you want it. The game has been out for four years at this point, and many of you have already played it once or twice yourselves.

Gameblog - French - 8/10

This Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered is a bit like the ultimate version of the Marvel's Spider-Man game, it is currently the most beautiful version you can find on the market with enough options and above all the presence of Nvidia DLSS 2.0 to ensure a framerate of 60 FPS and beyond. The PC version will not totally revolutionize the graphics of the original game, but it still offers a fairly qualitative substantial evolution.

GamingBolt - 8 / 10

Spider-Man was one of the best games on the PS4, and it is now one of the best games in the PS5's burgeoning library.

PCMag - 4 / 5

Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered is a highly polished action-adventure game that features familiar comic book set pieces, tight gameplay systems, and amazingly detailed New York City-based environments that keep you entertained throughout a lengthy campaign.

SECTOR.sk - Slovak - 8 / 10

Overall, Marvel Spider-man is a decent game on PC as well as a decent port. It offers a typical Spider-man story with quality cutscenes, good gameplay, a large city with many side activities, as well as many equipment upgrades. Plus three additional DLCs will further expand the game.

We Got This Covered - 4 / 5

Spider-Man Remastered is the absolute best way to experience the original's engrossing gameplay and emotional story beats -- even its occasional banal elements are overshadowed by the immense improvements made to almost every aspect of the visual and tangible experience.

PC Gamer - 75 / 100

Insomniac's Spider-Man is as loveable as ever, even if the surrounding game can't quite live up to him.

ACG - Buy

Video Review - Quote not available

Console Creatures - Recommended

While Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered isn't overwhelmingly different than console, PC players love to fiddle with the added settings, including ray-tracing, DLSS, and FSR, making this a must-play experience.

One More Game - Buy

Spider-Man Remastered is an amazing experience that’s headed to a platform that can push it to its visual limits. While it is a full-priced affair compared to its console counterpart, a point of friction for some, it doesn’t take away from the fact that it is a must-play title.

Rock, Paper, Shotgun - Unscored

Some of the busywork feels dated even for a 2018 game, and this re-release suffers from the existence of its own sequel, but Marvel's Spider-Man is a great, fun-filled, web-swinging romp. The PC port keeps all of its charm.

Spaziogames - Italian - Unscored

Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered is not a reproposition that PS4 players must feel obliged to have back, because beyond the technical upgrade and beautiful lighting, there is nothing else that acts as a real motivation to start the adventure again. However, if you plan to buy Miles Morales on PS5 and are true Spider-Man enthusiasts, the unique package is by no means an option to be underestimated, although it is short-sighted for an increasingly multifaceted audience.

Spaziogames - Italian - Unscored

Despite some issues with the frame rate and the global optimizition, Marvel's Spider Man on PC is simply the best version of the game.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Marvel's Spider-Man (Be Greater) and Miles Morales (Be Yourself) OT - update: PC version reviews from OpenCritic posted

Pretty amazing port. Seems to hold 30fps native res at medium settings (i put traffic on low but idk if it’s needed, it used fsr2.0 by default and I turned that off as it was too oversharp) on steam deck. Possibly the best steam deck show off game really. 

Looks crazy good maxed out with ray tracing on my desktop as well. The sharp reflections now look great and just generally running the ps5 fidelity mode at ~80fps with dlss and 16AF making it even sharper along with some other perks, it’s definitely up there. Honestly it’s just still one of the best show off games on every system it’s on.

• Like 1
  • Halal 1

Have never played this yet.  I was still planning to play the original PS4 version, because the character change and what not.  Figured I'd experience the original vision of it.

I think I own the Remaster on PS5 though.  Does the PS4 version have 60fps?  I don't care all that much about the other bells and whistles of the remaster.  Just want to make sure I play a 60fps version.

49 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

Have never played this yet.  I was still planning to play the original PS4 version, because the character change and what not.  Figured I'd experience the original vision of it.

I think I own the Remaster on PS5 though.  Does the PS4 version have 60fps?  I don't care all that much about the other bells and whistles of the remaster.  Just want to make sure I play a 60fps version.

No there is no 60fps option on ps4.

1 hour ago, JPDunks4 said:

You need the PS5 remaster or PC version to get 60fps, unfortunately 

On 8/13/2022 at 7:03 PM, JPDunks4 said:

Play it on ps5. The new character model is way better anyway. But i believe it's changed in both versions (but im not positive of that). 

1 hour ago, stepee said:

I’ve spent so much time just swinging around the city aimlessly this weekend lol. It’s just one of my favorite things to do in a video game.

It is absolutely the best traversal mechanic in a game, ever. No superpower, vehicle, or any other movement has felt that good, except maybe Tribes, but that was extremely niche.

1 hour ago, BloodyHell said:

It is absolutely the best traversal mechanic in a game, ever. No superpower, vehicle, or any other movement has felt that good, except maybe Tribes, but that was extremely niche.

It's really not good at precision movement and judging heights of swings, IMO.  Some of those challenge missions flying through rings after drones really highlight the issue.

There's been a lot of recent games with great movement too.  Hades, Splatoon series, Titanfall 2, etc.

1 hour ago, crispy4000 said:

It's really not good at precision movement and judging heights of swings, IMO.  Some of those challenge missions flying through rings after drones really highlight the issue.

There's been a lot of recent games with great movement too.  Hades, Splatoon series, Titanfall 2, etc.

Well, it’s not perfect, that’s for Spider-man 2 :D

• Halal 1

4 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

None of those are as fun or interesting as Spiderman, imo. 

I can't speak for splatoon, that's a series I just don't care about, but I prefer SM to the rest. It's just pure joy. There was never a time swinging where I wasn't having a blast.

36 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

Spider-Man feels so close to great for me.  But yeah, I also remember now how awful the trick system was (maybe MM addressed this)?  Combat was actually more fun for me that the slinging, and that’s the opposite of what I expected.

Oh, MM definitely improved on the movement. 60fps also helped a lot. 

marvels-spider-man-pc-10.jpg
WWW.VG247.COM

Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered has received a first small patch with multiple fixes and improvments.

Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered was released last Friday, and Insomniac Games and Nixxes Software have released a first small patch with multiple fixes and improvements.

According to the developers, the teams are working on the next patch that will be more substantial and consists of bug fixes, improvements, and additional features, based on the feedback received.

This patch fixes various ray-tracing-related crashes, improves Windows version check to prevent false positives, makes visual improvements to HBAO+, and fixes the issue where ray-traced reflections in stainless steel were rendered distorted.

The teams made several visual improvements to NVIDIA DLSS. This patch fixed an issue that could freeze the game if the player would switch between graphics presets during cut-scenes, and Side Mission popups have been fixed and will no longer stretch when playing in a widescreen resolution.

The patch also makes improvements related to stability issues when using Alt-Tab, and fixes various visual glitches.

Max was playing this on stream briefly and it turned him from a ray tracing naysayer to a believer very quickly.

He started the game without ray tracing on, and said, "It doesn't really do anything." Then turned it on and everything was shiny and reflective and then he was like, "Everything is so shiny" and then he kept trying to crank everything and he was like, "It won't go below 60fps!" and then he got on the side of a skyscraper and turned ray tracing off and then said, "this looks like shit!" :lol:

Granted he's got a 3090 but ray tracing really brings something to that game that you can tell is immediately missing if you turn it off.

9 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Max was playing this on stream briefly and it turned him from a ray tracing naysayer to a believer very quickly.

He started the game without ray tracing on, and said, "It doesn't really do anything." Then turned it on and everything was shiny and reflective and then he was like, "Everything is so shiny" and then he kept trying to crank everything and he was like, "It won't go below 60fps!" and then he got on the side of a skyscraper and turned ray tracing off and then said, "this looks like shit!" :lol:

Granted he's got a 3090 but ray tracing really brings something to that game that you can tell is immediately missing if you turn it off.

The very notion that “ray tracing doesn’t do anything” is dumb AF fwiw. :p 

In terms of reflections, this has one of the best implementations yet, it’s subtle but somehow simultaneously very noticeable when enabled. Even Spider-Man’s eyes are ray traced. Overall, Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition (which is nearly 100% ray traced for lighting, shadows, and reflections) is still number 1 overall IMO (and runs incredibly well)

2 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

The very notion that “ray tracing doesn’t do anything” is dumb AF fwiw. :p

To clarify he meant it as in a performance benefit I believe. Like for someone who values 120 fps over RTX they don't find the performance hit to be worth it for what you get. But yeah overall a bit nonsense in any case because PC gaming is mostly about getting all the bells and whistles you can in a game and if you can run it maxed out and run it well that's what you're really looking for. Perhaps his opinion was a bit antiquated since ray tracing performance should be getting better than it used to be.

Just now, Keyser_Soze said:

To clarify he meant it as in a performance benefit I believe. Like for someone who values 120 fps over RTX they don't find the performance hit to be worth it for what you get. But yeah overall a bit nonsense in any case because PC gaming is mostly about getting all the bells and whistles you can in a game and if you can run it maxed out and run it well that's what you're really looking for. Perhaps his opinion was a bit antiquated since ray tracing performance should be getting better than it used to be.

Yea, in some games the performance cost is really crazy, but it’s been getting better. I think devs may be getting better at scaling it so it’s not “100%” all the time.

5 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition (which is nearly 100% ray traced for lighting, shadows, and reflections) is still number 1 overall IMO (and runs incredibly well)

So did you play this on PS5 or XSX? How much is it? I'm a graphics whore and like to to check that out. Unless you're speaking of the PC version then it's a no go for me.

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

So did you play this on PS5 or XSX? How much is it? I'm a graphics whore and like to to check that out. Unless you're speaking of the PC version then it's a no go for me.

PC Version, but they released it for PS5/XSX as well. I don’t know how it compares with PC

• Thanks 1

@best3444

I actually just finally started playing Metro this past week despite having it for forever now. I recorded these yesterday (for some reason the videos are a bit brighter than when I’m playing. Maybe because I have hdr enabled?). 

Like, overall, Spider-Man with RT is a better looking game IMO (especially the textures), I was just talking specifically about the Ray-Tracing earlier, which is out of this world on Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition since all light sources and shadows are 100% RT, as are the reflections.

Spider-Man maxed on PC:

• Thanks 1

I’m a little disappointed actually that this doesn’t seem more scalable towards higher frame rate. You can’t really seem to lock it at 120fps unless you turn rt off, and with RT on Im not really happy with the performance you get past 60fps for the sacrifices to get there. I ended up just locking it to 60 because it fluctuated too much with scenarios like time square on ground level not even hitting 60fps unless I turned off dynamic resolution and set it to always use dlss performance. 

It’s still basically the ps5 fidelity mode but at 60fps and with better reflections, but idk I thought this would run (and hold) at like 90fps with these settings.

The port however still really impressed me on steam deck. 

10 hours ago, stepee said:

I’m a little disappointed actually that this doesn’t seem more scalable towards higher frame rate. You can’t really seem to lock it at 120fps unless you turn rt off, and with RT on Im not really happy with the performance you get past 60fps for the sacrifices to get there. I ended up just locking it to 60 because it fluctuated too much with scenarios like time square on ground level not even hitting 60fps unless I turned off dynamic resolution and set it to always use dlss performance. 

It’s still basically the ps5 fidelity mode but at 60fps and with better reflections, but idk I thought this would run (and hold) at like 90fps with these settings.

The port however still really impressed me on steam deck. 

Did you try reducing the quality, resolution, and rendering distance of RT?

4 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Did you try reducing the quality, resolution, and rendering distance of RT?

I did, but still wouldn’t consistently hold at least like 90fps so it didn’t seem worth it to me. It’s like you mentioned, the fps kind of tanks when you get low to the ground, and even with vrr I don’t like the fps to be too inconsistent, and that causes it to still be in this 60-100 range that isn’t worth the tone down to me so I just locked at 60. Also my display flashes at the bottom with lower fps with vrr, so if it can’t consistently hold 90+ it’s especially noticeable.