I mean, I know it's Nintendo, but man I still can't believe I can't get MK8 Deluxe and Fire Emblem Three Houses for 30 bucks each.

Bacon

I don’t think we’ll see major price drops on Nintendo’s games until other AAA publishers sell more competitively on Nintendo’s turf.

Could it happen?  Maybe, but not with the Switch.  You might see a few more Nintendo games officially drop to $20-30 by the time it’s dead.  But not many.  Buy Mario & Rabbids on sale if you want to send a message, I guess.

I’ve already resigned to the fact that I’ll be buying most retail Switch games I want used, once the platform is on the outs.

18 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I know you don’t wanna pay $60 but honestly those both are great games and will provide you lots of gameplay hours. So they are worth it. It’s not like you are going to buy it and regret your purchase. 

Yeah, but I already owned MK8 on the wii u. I refuse to pay for it at full price twice. I don't even want to pay 30 for it. And I would regret buying FE at 60, since I already waited this long. That is defeat and it won't happen. Plus, I am not a actually a big fan of FE. I like it, but I only like it at 30-40 bucks. 

I understand Nintendo first party games not dropping. I mean it sucks, but it's not like this isn't something we've seen before. They almost never drop, but what is irritating is some of the other games that haven't dropped. I really want Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3. I enjoyed the heck out of those games last gen or before/whever they were released, lol, just simple mindless fun. But MU3 is still full price as well? What the heck? 

Always a point of frustration with Nintendo.  I hate the tight control they have with retailers and their refusal to allow their games to drop in price as is the norm with their competition.  It limits my purchases of quite a new Nintendo developed games as I'm not always willing or wanting to pay full price for one of their titles.  

I know what you mean! I have wanted Mario Kart so bad but refuse to pay full retail again for it. I know it's great but I bought it and lost in the fire and it's really hard to double dip like that with so much to play as it is. I just want it like 39.99 or lower. Only game I have on cartridge is BoTW. I 'look every once in awhile but to nothing ever seems to get cheaper!

• 2 months later...
1 minute ago, GameDadGrant said:

Yeah but they are on sale, so you don’t have to pay full price. So that’s something! 

But I’m guessing it’s not “on sale enough” for you. :thinking:

title say 30 bucks dog, of course it ain't enough 

and it was on sale for even cheaper recently but stll not 30 bucks

if I can't get it for 30 I ain't interested 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

Switch wasn’t under-engineered.  First time Nintendo launched a handheld since the GBA where it felt it up to snuff spec-wise for the price.

By now it’s certainly outdated, but at the time?  It handedly bested the Vita.

I mean, the Vita launched in 2011, the switch launched in 2017, so do you really want to make that comparison?

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong, im admittedly a bit sour on Nintendo, thats obvious.

All I want is a Nintendo console with decent power and no stupid gimmicks like joycons. Or for them to get out of the console business and just make games. (Yes, I realize it isn't happening).

• Like 1
  • Guillotine 1

19 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

Dude, the damn Switch is still $299. Over-priced and nder-engineered, still full price 4 years later. Thats what Nintendo does.

Mk8 should be 20$, max. 

It’s still the cheapest console to buy right now. There’s an even less expensive version if you want (Switch Lite). 

Look at Playstation by comparison. Still expensive, and your only other choice is an even MORE expensive version (PS4 Pro or PS5). That’s what Sony does. 

At this point, PS4 should be $149.99, max. 

1 hour ago, BloodyHell said:

I mean, the Vita launched in 2011, the switch launched in 2017, so do you really want to make that comparison?

I actually agree with this. Vita was amazing when it launched (2012, actually, if memory serves). 

It would actually be pretty embarrassing if Switch wasn’t even as powerful as Vita, lol. (But honestly looking at the games? It’s...kinda close!)

58 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

It’s still the cheapest console to buy right now. There’s an even less expensive version if you want (Switch Lite). 

Look at Playstation by comparison. Still expensive, and your only other choice is an even MORE expensive version (PS4 Pro or PS5). That’s what Sony does. 

At this point, PS4 should be $149.99, max. 

The days of $150 consoles are long gone. The components just don’t fall in cost that much.