Amazon's corporate PR would like you to know the warehouse workers most definitely do NOT pee in bottles.

10 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

@Iculus Do you pee in a bottle?

No, but the way they track productivity does make it incredibly difficult to get off task for even a couple of minutes. For some tasks they actually have games installed where you compete against another working group. The winner generally gets longer breaks, while the loser get less desirable assignments.  Amazon is fucking Thunderdome that sells dildos.

A friend of mine used to work for Amazon in their EHS and showed me a video of a picker who literally shit their pants and shook the turd out of their pant leg on the picking floor. I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see it myself. The guy got fired, but there's no way this is is healthy working culture that can produce such things.

6 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

A friend of mine used to work for Amazon in their EHS and showed me a video of a picker who literally shit their pants and shook the turd out of their pant leg on the picking floor. I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see it myself. The guy got fired, but there's no way this is is healthy working culture that can produce such things.

EHS?

12 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

He's lucky it was a solid.

My wife told me that the Walmart delivery driver accidentally put his pee bottle in our groceries a couple months back. My 11 year old was the one who pulled it out of the bag. I think he washed his hands like 27 times that day

3 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

My wife told me that the Walmart delivery driver accidentally put his pee bottle in our groceries a couple months back. My 11 year old was the one who pulled it out of the bag. I think he washed his hands like 27 times that day

Aren't the drivers just delivering sealed bags? How does that even happen?

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Aren't the drivers just delivering sealed bags? How does that even happen?

They deliver in plastic grocery bags, I believe. Guessing it just fell in there...

My wife asked if she should report it, and I’m like...the guy is super nice, I don’t think it was on purpose. Just toss out the stuff that was in that bag and don’t ruin the guy’s job over an accident.

4 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

They deliver in plastic grocery bags, I believe. Guessing it just fell in there...

My wife asked if she should report it, and I’m like...the guy is super nice, I don’t think it was on purpose. Just toss out the stuff that was in that bag and don’t ruin the guy’s job over an accident.

if it happens again you can just assume he’s trying to mark his territory and assert dominance. 

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

The delivery driver is super nice but you aren't. You didn't even return the guy's piss bottle. WTF is wrong with you?

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Iculus said:

No, but the way they track productivity does make it incredibly difficult to get off task for even a couple of minutes. For some tasks they actually have games installed where you compete against another working group. The winner generally gets longer breaks, while the loser get less desirable assignments.  Amazon is fucking Thunderdome that sells dildos.

Why are you guys sending me random crap in the mail?  Today and yesterday I received packages of shit I did not order.  And considering what's been inside these things... it looks like shit no one would ever order.  Cheap, Chinese knockoff knick-knacks.  You guys purging your inventory or something, giving Prime members extra goodies?

5 hours ago, stepee said:

lol that sounds horrible

It is. They track units/hour, but it resets if you don't scan anything for a certain period of time. Each task has a different expected scan rate. For example,  we are expected to move 14 pallets from staging areas to trailer loading areas per hour. Operations is alerted any time someone dips below that number. If I want to go to the bathroom I need to be in the 20s because a 2 minute break will drop me from 14 to 4 even if I am averaging above 14 for my shift up to that point. That's also why the leading reported injuries are "struck by" incidents. People are literally being run over by heavy equipment. 

12 minutes ago, cusideabelincoln said:

Why are you guys sending me random crap in the mail?  Today and yesterday I received packages of shit I did not order.  And considering what's been inside these things... it looks like shit no one would ever order.  Cheap, Chinese knockoff knick-knacks.  You guys purging your inventory or something, giving Prime members extra goodies?

I have no idea. My facility basically moves finished orders from one trailer to another. Packages do get stuck together from time to time. I've seen people reprint shipping labels and just guess which package is which.

4 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

I wanna believe that you guys draw straws for who gets to be Master and who gets to be Blaster

Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome / Characters - TV Tropes

We have zero autonomy. We scan our badges on work stations after we clock in. The screen then notifies us of our assigned job for the day. This begins our labor tracking and we are expected to maintain the expectations for the assigned job going forward. 

3 minutes ago, Iculus said:

I have no idea. My facility basically moves finished orders from one trailer to another. Packages do get stuck together from time to time. I've seen people reprint shipping labels and just guess which package is which.

That would be odd because I don't have any other orders that have shipped yet.

46 minutes ago, Iculus said:

It is. They track units/hour, but it resets if you don't scan anything for a certain period of time. Each task has a different expected scan rate. For example,  we are expected to move 14 pallets from staging areas to trailer loading areas per hour. Operations is alerted any time someone dips below that number. If I want to go to the bathroom I need to be in the 20s because a 2 minute break will drop me from 14 to 4 even if I am averaging above 14 for my shift up to that point. That's also why the leading reported injuries are "struck by" incidents. People are literally being run over by heavy equipment. 

We have zero autonomy. We scan our badges on work stations after we clock in. The screen then notifies us of our assigned job for the day. This begins our labor tracking and we are expected to maintain the expectations for the assigned job going forward. 

I...don’t see how you can do that every day.

3 hours ago, cusideabelincoln said:

Maybe eventually you'll get another free video card. 

16 hours ago, cusideabelincoln said:

201215094002-amazon-packages-door---stoc
WWW.CNN.COM

Pooper scoopers, power cords and fake fish: People are receiving bizarre packages they didn't order. It's part of what's known as a "brushing scam" — a scheme that helps boost a vendors' ratings online. Here's how it works.