Amazon's corporate PR would like you to know the warehouse workers most definitely do NOT pee in bottles.

10 minutes ago, ThreePi said:

201215094002-amazon-packages-door---stoc
WWW.CNN.COM

Pooper scoopers, power cords and fake fish: People are receiving bizarre packages they didn't order. It's part of what's known as a "brushing scam" — a scheme that helps boost a vendors' ratings online. Here's how it works.

This might of happened to me because I got some sponges I never ordered with my last shipment.

2 hours ago, ThreePi said:

201215094002-amazon-packages-door---stoc
WWW.CNN.COM

Pooper scoopers, power cords and fake fish: People are receiving bizarre packages they didn't order. It's part of what's known as a "brushing scam" — a scheme that helps boost a vendors' ratings online. Here's how it works.

This sounds exactly what's happening.  Although first package was a larger box that included a small harp, small screw driver set, and phone screen protector.  Second package was a padded envelope with shaped silicon templates and a wrist band.

4 minutes ago, cusideabelincoln said:

This sounds exactly what's happening.  Although first package was a larger box that included a small harp, small screw driver set, and phone screen protector.  Second package was a padded envelope with shaped silicon templates and a wrist band.

3 minutes ago, Jason said:
amazon-box-conveyor-belt-760x380.jpg
ARSTECHNICA.COM

The online retailer says it can’t vet sellers, but judges aren’t buying it.

I have a seller account and they flagged some items and you just have to appeal and say it's not meant for kids under 14 and they're like "ok!"

"Great healthcare from day one" is hilarious. The facility that I work at is 90% part time. They offer VET (voluntary extra time) that almost everyone takes in order to get full time hours. Since we voluntarily take hours above schedule we don't qualify for healthcare. We do have access to a healthcare hotline. lol

• Guillotine 2

10 minutes ago, Iculus said:

"Great healthcare from day one" is hilarious. The facility that I work at is 90% part time. They offer VET (voluntary extra time) that almost everyone takes in order to get full time hours. Since we voluntarily take hours above schedule we don't qualify for healthcare. We do have access to a healthcare hotline. lol

My workplace did the thing where everyone became part time workers when Obamacare passed limiting everyone to under 28 hours. While it screwed quite a few people over, by that point I was ok with it because I didn't want the stress of a 40-60 hour week anyway.

A few years later they switched back, and were constantly trying to get me to go back to 40 because I was one of the few competent people there and it drove them nuts when I pointed out, "Hey, remember how you were the ones that forced me to be part time to begin with?" whenever they pestered me to go back to full time.

16 minutes ago, Iculus said:

So...they're letting people go for extra hours thinking it'll qualify them for health insurance and then it's just, "SURPRISE BITCHES you got got!"???

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

So...they're letting people go for extra hours thinking it'll qualify them for health insurance and then it's just, "SURPRISE BITCHES you got got!"???

No. They are at least up front about us getting shit. The break room is really nice, though.

edit: people take the hours for the money not the benefits.

7 minutes ago, Chris- said:

I would like to see the biggest company in the world take one to the fucking balls.

Don't be too hard on them. We get a free pair of work shoes (slip resistant, steel toe etc) per year. If we don't take advantage of the program, however, it does absolve them of workplace injuries. 

22 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I worked at a franchise for kfc and got work shoes once a year lmao

21 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

The floor there was foot slippin' good!

In college I did one of those 'fundraising shift' things at Cedar Point where my fraternity worked like two shifts at Cedar Point and our pay went to the frat, and we worked in a stand that did mini corn dogs and french fries. The floor was so slick with grease that it was comically dangerous, and you could legitimately slide across it the same way you would slide across ice. On the flip side, our shift 'meal' was essentially 'grab as many mini corndogs and fries as you want' (very appealing to a tipsy 21 year old), and I'm 99% sure the shift manager would have fucked me but I had to leave suddenly due to a family emergency. All in all I enjoyed my time working for Cedar Point, all like 3.5 hours of it.

Honestly I'm just so sick of Amazon's and Bezo's shit. You have a company that starts out by selling books, and expands to ship basically anything, and offers good service. K cool. Now you have a shipping company also having a streaming service? What the fuck? A games division? Huh? On top of that poor working conditions for its warehouse employees, and Bezos being fucking Smaug hording all this wealth. Yes I know he doesn't literally have 100 billion dollars in cash sitting in his bank account, it's an accumulation of all his assets, so his properties, stocks, etc., but even still he could sell some of that stuff to get the cash to spend on things to improve the world. Remember the Australian wildfires? Motherfucker only paid one million AUSTRALIAN dollars in donations. Not even 1 million USD. At the time 1 million Australian was about 660K USD. Motherfucker could have donated 100 million American dollars to help out, and not felt it. He has all this money, and is so greedy he won't even allow his employees to unionize because that would cut into his profits. Son of a bitch, you already have more money than God! That money is already yours. Let your employees unionize, get healthcare, benefits insurance, etc., and that money is still yours, you'll just be earning less, but it's OK because you already won capitalism you greedy fuck! 

I'm not even one of those people who's against the idea of billionaires; if you've built a wildly successful company that earns you a lot of money, then great, good for you, but not if it's at the expense of your workers and other people because you're too greedy to dip into your profits in order to provide the people who work for you, who help you earn that wealth, just a little bit better lives. If you can't become a billionaire without allowing decent lives for your workers, then you don't deserve to be a billionaire. Shit head is treating life as a video game, and money is the high score. 

I'm just so done with Amazon, and I don't want to have to use it if I can avoid it. Fuck Bezos. 

57 minutes ago, Brick said:

Honestly I'm just so sick of Amazon's and Bezo's shit. You have a company that starts out by selling books, and expands to ship basically anything, and offers good service. K cool. Now you have a shipping company also having a streaming service? What the fuck? A games division? Huh? On top of that poor working conditions for its warehouse employees, and Bezos being fucking Smaug hording all this wealth. Yes I know he doesn't literally have 100 billion dollars in cash sitting in his bank account, it's an accumulation of all his assets, so his properties, stocks, etc., but even still he could sell some of that stuff to get the cash to spend on things to improve the world. Remember the Australian wildfires? Motherfucker only paid one million AUSTRALIAN dollars in donations. Not even 1 million USD. At the time 1 million Australian was about 660K USD. Motherfucker could have donated 100 million American dollars to help out, and not felt it. He has all this money, and is so greedy he won't even allow his employees to unionize because that would cut into his profits. Son of a bitch, you already have more money than God! That money is already yours. Let your employees unionize, get healthcare, benefits insurance, etc., and that money is still yours, you'll just be earning less, but it's OK because you already won capitalism you greedy fuck! 

I'm not even one of those people who's against the idea of billionaires; if you've built a wildly successful company that earns you a lot of money, then great, good for you, but not if it's at the expense of your workers and other people because you're too greedy to dip into your profits in order to provide the people who work for you, who help you earn that wealth, just a little bit better lives. If you can't become a billionaire without allowing decent lives for your workers, then you don't deserve to be a billionaire. Shit head is treating life as a video game, and money is the high score. 

I'm just so done with Amazon, and I don't want to have to use it if I can avoid it. Fuck Bezos. 

I'm 100% with you, but propping Bezos up as Baba Yaga misses the forest for the trees.

7 minutes ago, Brick said:

Oh I know it's not just him, he's just the face of greed and unregulated, late stage capitalism run amok. 

My point is that putting a face to it, or several hundred, greatly diminishes the amount of work that will be needed to fix the problem. As long as we are fighting against individuals instead of hundreds of years of systemic bullshit nothing will ever get better. You can go after their wealth and power as much as you like. Nothing will change until you go after how they got there in the first place.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Iculus said:

My point is that putting a face to it, or several hundred, greatly diminishes the amount of work that will be needed to fix the problem. As long as we are fighting against individuals instead of hundreds of years of systemic bullshit nothing will ever get better. You can go after their wealth and power as much as you like. Nothing will change until you go after how they got there in the first place.

This is true, and what I want to happen to be clear. 

Also another reason for "fuck Amazon" is how they screw over small independent sellers on their own site. Let's say you make a shoe, or camera bag, or lamp and it sells really well. Amazon takes notice, and creates a very similar product to yours, while not exactly copying your design, but close enough, and sells it for much cheaper. Pushes their own project, while hiding yours, making people not being able to find your product as easily, and now yours is more expensive anyway, so now you go out of business because no one is buying from you anymore. That shit should be illegal. 

• Guillotine 1