JPG File Sells for $69 Million, as ‘NFT Mania’ Gathers Pace

52 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

Not only that, somehow Aragon was able to have Andruil reforged. Tolkien clearly knew nothing about data integrity.

If Telchar of Nogrod didn't want Sauron to smash Narsil into bits he should have minted it on the blockchain. Also to your point, the elves couldn't have right clicked on the shards then hit, "save as 'Anduril.'" Sad.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, TyphoidHater said:

I love nft guys trying to explain how this doesn't matter, such a joke

You just don't understand that the value of NFTs is the ownership claim for these items that are only recognized by members of my own community to which I don't also own the copyright.

50 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Almost like everything related to crypto is a solution looking for a problem.

In all honesty, this is tech entrepreneurism in a nutshell. This process just occasionally stumbles on a solution to an actual problem.

The people developing these NFTs and crypto and purchasing each of these things should not only be taxed--their wealth should be expropriated. These positions in society should not exist. 

Take the money and put them into a public fund that disburses funds to middle class people.

On 11/30/2021 at 11:47 AM, sblfilms said:

In all honesty, this is tech entrepreneurism in a nutshell. This process just occasionally stumbles on a solution to an actual problem.

There's certainly extent to which that's true! But I think a lot of these solutions end up being adjacent to something that resembles need, like in cities outside New York cabs are fucking terrible, why not do rideshares. Not that there aren't problems with that model of course, but there's a niche.

Crypto is just... well pyramid schemes, money laundering, and confidence scams are illegal... what if you needed dank graphics cards to do them? :p

• True 1

14 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

It's not more energy efficient than just a regular database, so...

I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

In fact it's even worse, because not only is Tezos less energy efficient than a regular database, Quartz is using both a regular centralized database and the Tezos blockchain.