JPG File Sells for $69 Million, as ‘NFT Mania’ Gathers Pace

18 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

I do have sympathy for people who get rooked into scams, but anyone that reads about Luna or it’s community and decided/s to put serious money into it is potentially behind help. 

For me, there are a few distinct categories of the crypto people. There are just the sad stories of lower income people being promised riches and being duped by the stimmy fueled gains of 2021. Sorry you got taken advantage of!

But the people who were loudly shouting about getting in early on all these absolute nonsense coins, posting screenshots of their gains, pretending they were some sort of master financial mind…I feel not one drop of sympathy for them. They didn’t listen when people explained why it was a bubble, and they are the sorts that roped their parents and grandparents into get crypto positions.

3 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

For me, there are a few distinct categories of the crypto people. There are just the sad stories of lower income people being promised riches and being duped by the stimmy fueled gains of 2021. 

Like this?

gettyimages-629425414.jpeg?w=600
TECHCRUNCH.COM

Is billionaire-funded crypto education really what low-income people need?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

For me, there are a few distinct categories of the crypto people. There are just the sad stories of lower income people being promised riches and being duped by the stimmy fueled gains of 2021. Sorry you got taken advantage of!

But the people who were loudly shouting about getting in early on all these absolute nonsense coins, posting screenshots of their gains, pretending they were some sort of master financial mind…I feel not one drop of sympathy for them. They didn’t listen when people explained why it was a bubble, and they are the sorts that roped their parents and grandparents into get crypto positions.

Yeah this is basically where I’m at.

LOL, The securities deriviative market is shady enough (with the credit default swap being the most infamous example). I guarentee you 99.9999% of the people who "invested" with celsius had no idea about the nuts and bolts behind their operation. Just their shitty marketing buzzwords and promise of a high yield. It is basically Bitconnect 2.0.

11 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

The harsh reality is this is the only outcome people will learn from. Insane stories about crypto have existed for so long and plenty of us have spilled many words over why it’s bad technology that shouldn’t be used for investment (or anything), but nothing, to the moon and all that. 

Humanity, why do you have to lose everything to learn something?

11 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

Woof.

I still see coinbase, crypto.com, and cash app ads jocking crypto on every feed. Shit is fucked.

during the nba finals monday coinbase (i think) had an add with tweets saying crypto is dead as crypto is dying.  it was fucking hilarious 

2 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

From the article: Dogecoin traded at about 5.8 cents on Thursday, down from its May 2021 peak of about 74 cents.

Am I crazy?  I don’t think doge ever broke over one cent, let alone close to a dollar?

You crazy :p 

Not as crazy as a shit / joke coin pushing close to $1, but that was a thing that happened.

7 hours ago, Jason said:
IMG_1295-1-760x380.jpeg
ARSTECHNICA.COM

AMD's Radeon RX 6000 series GPUs, in particular, are easy to find below MSRP.

It's baffling when you step back and think about how remarkably damaging the whole crypto currency market has been for absolutely nothing in return over all these years. It blew up GPU prices, wasted untold amounts of energy, and has empowered scam artists. Can anyone point to *anything* of value it has done for us in exchange for this waste? It's a tremendous failure as a currency: it's entire reason for existence. How about the NFT side? What has it done for us? Now people have a pointless digital receipt that will fall to obscurity if it hasn't already? Bad contracts that don't work? Exploited labor in pay-to-win NFT games that no one actually wants to play?

It's been years of not only being a useless technology in search of a problem, but being a massive drain on society. We can't end this stupid shit fast enough.

• True 1
  • Halal 1