Steam Holiday Sale 2020 - Dec 22nd to Jan 5th

crispy4000

On 12/22/2020 at 9:52 AM, Spork3245 said:

Also, get Doom VFR, Rez Infinite (if you like Rez), Space Pirate Trainer, Fruit Ninja VR (no, really)\, and Waltz of the Wizard (at least the free version)

Waltz of the Wizard is a really enjoyable game and they keep updating it. I do recommend just getting it on Oculus store if you can if you own a Quest though since it had a native Quest version, it’s cheap and cross buy.

24 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

I actually bought something, Yakuza Zero. The series has interested me for awhile.

I couldn't get into Yakuza 0 when I tried it. And I love open world action games and JRPGs, which is kind of right in the wheelhouse. I think it was more of my mood at the time rather than the fault of the game, though. I played 3 hours.

8 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

I couldn't get into Yakuza 0 when I tried it. And I love open world action games and JRPGs, which is kind of right in the wheelhouse. I think it was more of my mood at the time rather than the fault of the game, though. I played 3 hours.

Yeah it seems right up my alley too. Hopefully I can sink some time into it.

23 minutes ago, DPCyric said:

So @Commissar SFLUFAN Christmas gift got me deep into the store and I am picking up some other stuff anyone play Dark Devotion and have opinions on it? The reviews aren't super hot on it but it looks like my cup of tea.

Don't know about that game but I have a game that looks similar on my wishlist that I'm considering getting, Tower Hunter: Erza's Trial, ratings seem to be about the same for both but maybe look at that one too.

I haven't played either. :p

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Don't know about that game but I have a game that looks similar on my wishlist that I'm considering getting, Tower Hunter: Erza's Trial, ratings seem to be about the same for both but maybe look at that one too.

I haven't played either. :p

Have you played BPM (Bullets Per Minute) or Paradox Vector? I just picked up the following:

Necrodancer Amplified Pack

Nova Drift

Headlander

Biomass

Moon Hunters

I might be finished now lol.

48 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I've heard good things about Headlander

Yeah it's been one of those games I've been meaning to pick up forever. Necrodancer is a double dip owned the base game on PS4, Biomass is one of the games I was interested in that looks like it could really benefit from some more sales and Nova Drift looks awesome and also needs more sales.

BTW, Due Process is 50% off right now everyone interested in old school Rainbow Six should be checking it out.

From the other thread I've also picked up:

Blasphemous 

Blaster Master Zero

Blaster Master Zero 2

Guacamelee! STCE

Guacamelee! 2

Iconoclasts

A Robot Named Fight

Timespinner

Seasons After Fall

So far I've only played Blasphemous which is great but if there is any game anyone wants me to try lmk.

47 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

Enjoy Guacamelee!  It’s great, and deserves to be up there with the Metroidvania greats. I fully intend to get to the second one in 2021.

I played a bit of it then put it aside when I found out an upgraded version was coming out... Looking forward to finishing it 😁

13 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

You sure?  First I’ve heard if it.

Yes, STCE added additional levels and bosses.

@Chairslinger check this out:

capsule_616x353_alt_assets_1.jpg?t=16086
STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

Play as an Action Figure and break free from your packaging. Explore. Defend. Survive.

FPS/TD I'm thinking about picking this up too.

Edit: there is also a demo for it!

I got some money for Christmas and have added these games to my haul:

Captain Forever Remix

Super House of Dead Ninjas

City of Brass

Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet

Salt and Sanctuary

Spirits Abyss

Any thoughts on Ori 2?  I'm second guessing if it's worth it now, or if I should just wait for a later cheaper sale.  Because I've got a few other Metroidvania's to play in the meanwhile (Guacamelee, Axiom Verge, Symphony of the Night).

I might get Nier Automata if not.  Reading that mods mostly fix its PC woes.  Or maybe FFXV?

46 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

Any thoughts on Ori 2?  I'm second guessing if it's worth it now, or if I should just wait for a later cheaper sale.  Because I've got a few other Metroidvania's to play in the meanwhile (Guacamelee, Axiom Verge, Symphony of the Night).

I might get Nier Automata if not.  Reading that mods mostly fix its PC woes.  Or maybe FFXV?

You could just play Ori 2 on gamepass but if you want I could play it some and get back with you on impressions. However if Nier is fixed on PC I would highly recommend playing through that (just fair warning the second playthrough is bland but the content after that is totally worth it). 

I got past another boss in Blasphemous really enjoying it still and newer enemies have made combat more challenging.

Nova Drift I gave a try since I got an Xbox Series Controller today and I went in expecting a Geometry Wars clone but it's actually a modern take on Asteroids with only a few asteroids and lots of various enemies and power ups seems pretty great so far.

19 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

I enjoyed Ori more than Axiom Verge. I haven't played Guacamelee though. $15 seems like a steal.

I had no issues running Nier, but yeah the mod should fix anything that comes your way.

3 hours ago, Nokt said:

I enjoyed Ori more than Axiom Verge. I haven't played Guacamelee though. $15 seems like a steal.

I had no issues running Nier, but yeah the mod should fix anything that comes your way.

Meant Guacamelee 2 actually, not that it'd matter to you.  Loved Guacamelee 1, probably more than Ori 1.

3 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

Meant Guacamelee 2 actually, not that it'd matter to you.  Loved Guacamelee 1, probably more than Ori 1.

I've watched the speedruns for it, I'm not sure the theme(?) of the game vibes with me at all, but its on my radar. I always hear good things about it.

On 12/28/2020 at 1:33 PM, CitizenVectron said:

Has anyone ever played Everspace? It's on for like $5 and seems like a cool space flight rogue like game.

There is a demo of Everspace 2 up which is less rogue-like but can give you an idea of how the first plays.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

Humble Choice is pretty meh this month.  So buy on Steam/Epic without fear.

https://www.humblebundle.com/subscription/january-2021

Good grief I'm half tempted to cancel but there are a few things I was interested in on there at least... I'm looking at a few more games and there are some more expensive ones I am interested in has anyone here played Noita or Mists of Noyah yet?