Looks like my haul will be

Half-Life: Alyx

STAR WARS™: Squadrons

Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire

STAR WARS: ROGUE SQUADRON 3D

Star Wars - Rebel Assault 1 and 2

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided DLC - Season Pass

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

I got Alyx and Squadrons. Might buy some of those Star Wars games u bought though. Loved Rogue Squadron 64. Also picked up some DLC for DCS World.

36 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

I got Alyx and Squadrons. Might buy some of those Star Wars games u bought though. Loved Rogue Squadron 64. Also picked up some DLC for DCS World.

I triple dipped in Squadrons.  I bought it on Epic but fuck Epic because it needs Origin to launch before launching the game, while the Steam version does not.  And then I have it on PS4.

I only bought those other games as I'm slowly trying to own every single Star Wars game on PC.  I've got a few more plus the Lego games to go.  Although I am interested in Shadows of the Empire because I never played it back in the day.

Decided to pick up a few things

Headlander - Only 2 bucks so why not?

.hack//G.U. Last Recode - Been eyeballing it for a while, it's under $8

The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance Tactics - Not a super amazing deal but I'm a sucker for tactics games :p

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus & Youngblood - Originally I was going to go with Wolfestein II for $7.99 but they literally give you $4 to buy Youngblood too, so I added that on.

ZONE OF THE ENDERS THE 2nd RUNNER : M∀RS - Pretty good deal and I never had this on PS2

Pyre - With all the Hades hype, I decided to pick this game up (instead of Hades I guess lulz)

On 1/1/2021 at 7:39 PM, cusideabelincoln said:

I triple dipped in Squadrons.  I bought it on Epic but fuck Epic because it needs Origin to launch before launching the game, while the Steam version does not.  And then I have it on PS4.

I only bought those other games as I'm slowly trying to own every single Star Wars game on PC.  I've got a few more plus the Lego games to go.  Although I am interested in Shadows of the Empire because I never played it back in the day.

I have it on origin via EA Premier. Got it on steam because its easier to use VR. 

2 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

I have it on origin via EA Premier. Got it on steam because its easier to use VR. 

Yep, the Steam version just works in VR.  I don't have to do any wonky shit to force it like I did with Epic.

Got it to work wirelessly on the Quest as well, but the performance is not good - lots of stuttering.  It's much smoother when connecting with a link cable.  I'll probably have to upgrade my WiFi network to get better performance as I suspect it's the router.  But the stuttering could also be a limitation of my video card's encoding capabilities; I haven't done any troubleshooting yet to find out.

29 minutes ago, cusideabelincoln said:

Yep, the Steam version just works in VR.  I don't have to do any wonky shit to force it like I did with Epic.

Got it to work wirelessly on the Quest as well, but the performance is not good - lots of stuttering.  It's much smoother when connecting with a link cable.  I'll probably have to upgrade my WiFi network to get better performance as I suspect it's the router.  But the stuttering could also be a limitation of my video card's encoding capabilities; I haven't done any troubleshooting yet to find out.

What router do you have?

10 minutes ago, cusideabelincoln said:

Asus AC-68U, AC1900 speeds.  It also a weird issue of randomly downgrading the speed of one of the 5 ethernet ports to 100mbps.  Thought I fixed it a few years ago with custom firmware but in the last few months the issue has came back.

That’s what I had a few years back (or maybe the 66u?). It started randomly being slow for some wifi devices unless I disconnected and reconnected them, and eventually wouldn’t even connect via 2.4ghz (only the 5ghz worked). I guess these just start dying after x amount of years 🤷‍♂️ 

Anyway, I got an AC2900 (ASUS AC86U) in mid-2019 and it seems to be a lot better and more stable overall.

1 minute ago, Spork3245 said:

That’s what I had a few years back (or maybe the 66u?). It started randomly being slow for some wifi devices unless I disconnected and reconnected them, and eventually wouldn’t even connect via 2.4ghz (only the 5ghz worked). I guess these just start dying after x amount of years 🤷‍♂️ 

Anyway, I got an AC2900 in mid-2019 and it seems to be a lot better and more stable overall.

Yep I'm definitely looking to upgrade, but I can be patient to wait for a good deal.  It's tough because I don't think I've ever paid more than $50 for a router, but the ones I'm looking at now that I would deem a worth upgrade are $150+.  The price creep for these things are worse than Nvidia GPUs!

1 minute ago, cusideabelincoln said:

Yep I'm definitely looking to upgrade, but I can be patient to wait for a good deal.  It's tough because I don't think I've ever paid more than $50 for a router, but the ones I'm looking at now that I would deem a worth upgrade are $150+.  The price creep for these things are worse than Nvidia GPUs!

Yea, the price of routers has skyrocketed over recent years. It’s pretty ridiculous.