The Witcher - Season 3 wrapped filming two weeks ago, will release in Summer 2023

• 4 months later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Update - The Witcher: Season 2 production has wrapped!
  • 3 months later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to The Witcher: Season 2 - 17 December 2021
2 hours ago, silentbob said:

They better deliver us another catchy as hell song again. Took me forever to get Toss a Coin outta my head until I started typing this out. . . DAMNIT!!!

It's amazing how many versions of the song have been showing up in my Discover Weekly playlist on Spotify. 

But I think the OG version still isn't on there. :(

1 hour ago, Jason said:

It's amazing how many versions of the song have been showing up in my Discover Weekly playlist on Spotify. 

But I think the OG version still isn't on there. :(

Unless I'm mad, this is it and has been on Spotify for a while :p 

1 hour ago, legend said:

Unless I'm mad, this is it and has been on Spotify for a while :p 

Well I don't remember the last time I looked, but I remember looking after what seemed like more than a reasonable amount of time for the OST to show up anywhere and couldn't find it. :p And then tried at least a couple of more times spaced a couple of months apart. I guess at some point I just gave up and stopped checking.

But anyhow it's still kind of amazing how many covers of this song keep showing up in my Discover Weekly.

6 hours ago, Jason said:

Well I don't remember the last time I looked, but I remember looking after what seemed like more than a reasonable amount of time for the OST to show up anywhere and couldn't find it. :p And then tried at least a couple of more times spaced a couple of months apart. I guess at some point I just gave up and stopped checking.

But anyhow it's still kind of amazing how many covers of this song keep showing up in my Discover Weekly.

No you’re right. I wanted to make it my ringtone but couldn’t find the original version for months!

11 hours ago, Jason said:

FWIW, my Spotify says I added in January 2020, which isn't too long after the show, but I think that's basically immediately after it was released. I think Spotify should add a way to have you alerted when music you're waiting for is actually released because it's a pain constantly searching every month and releases there are often kind of silent.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to The Witcher: Season 2 (Netflix, 17 December 2021) - Official Trailer
  • 1 month later...

I started watching the first season again in preparation for the second one. It is SO much better once you realize the different timeline shit. I was so fucking confused the first like 3-4 episodes the first time around. I still understand why they did it that way, but my brain was so busy trying to figure out when and where the fuck I was the first time, that I don't know how much I retained. This time my brain doesn't have to think too hard about it so I can actually enjoy the story more.

• 2 weeks later...

It's out, and I just finished watching the entire season.

You can definitely see the budget increase in season 2. The action scenes in general are much, much better, and there are a lot more of them.

I'm starting to not remember as much from the books anymore, but the show still does seem to mostly be keeping pretty close to the large beats of the story, while leaving out a lot of the stuff that's fucky and weird, which is probably for the best.

The big knock on the show is that any time they shift away from Geralt/Ciri/Yennefer it feels like the pace just stops dead in its tracks. I understand that we need to check in on the scheming of Fringilla, Vilgefortz, Vizimir, and all the others from time to time, but it's just kind of boring. I'm starting to understand why HBO just decided to put a bunch of boobs in those scenes during the early years of Game of Thrones.

Another interesting thing is that the show ends with a post-credits teaser for another upcoming show, The Witcher: Blood Origin. There wasn't much to see, but it looked fun.

• Thanks 1

Also, and again I understand why they can't do it for narrative reasons, but I want Geralt to do more... witchering. The first episode is one of the best because it involves sort of a one-off monster-of-the-week Witcher case.

I understand they can't do it all the time because Ciri is really the driver of the show narrative, not Geralt, so he can't be fighting a bruxa or whatever every episode, but that really is the most fun part of the show, at least for me.

They're not trying to make a medieval fantasy version of the first few seasons of Supernatural... buuuuut I kind of wish they were. Geralt roaming, solving monster cases, sometimes accompanied by yennefer or triss or dandelion or Zoltan or Yarpin or some combination of the above, in my opinion, would make for a better show than the whole child of destiny arc. Not that I don't enjoy that, too.