Have you ever had sex without a condom?

stepee

This is the dumbest question to have ever questioned. And I respect @stepee

To get technical: I've had sex plenty of times without a condom, I recommend it's better to be safe just due to the nature of the alternative consequence (luckily I've always been okay) but there is no question it feels better for a guy without a condom, duh.

Doesn't mean you should trust birth control or yourself. Put a condom on your dick I shouldn't have to explain this. :p 

• Like 1

I've been with the same woman for 3 years. She has an IUD, so it's mostly safe, but I'm also at the point in my life where if she got pregnant I'd be like "well, I guess this is what we're doing now."

So to answer the question seriously, I haven't used a condom in like at least a year and a half. But I prefer Boyle's answer.

Though I do plan on getting a vasectomy if I make it to something like 35 and still don't have/want kids.

• Like 1

I've been with plenty of women but have only felt safe enough to have sex without a condom regularly with TWO. My High school girlfriend and my most recent ex... prior to that I went for YEARS only having sex with condoms. Absolutely no comparison between the two... the closest thing I can compare it to is the difference between tasting food when you have acold and tasting it when you don't :p

7 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

I've been with the same woman for 3 years. She has an IUD, so it's mostly safe, but I'm also at the point in my life where if she got pregnant I'd be like "well, I guess this is what we're doing now."

So to answer the question seriously, I haven't used a condom in like at least a year and a half. But I prefer Boyle's answer.

Though I do plan on getting a vasectomy if I make it to something like 35 and still don't have/want kids.

I know I should be thinking about this as I have one child, I don’t think we’re going to have a second and contraception is rubbish. The thought of a vasectomy though makes me feel funny. 

4 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

We haven't used them since we got married 10 years ago. Unless I've had to take meds that could interfere with my BC. Never a problem.

I remember how awesome it was when we stopped.

I mean, for sure it's way better, I just don't trust anyone. If she forgets to take the pill one time, etc. Plus I see no reason to put her on birth control when she (my wife) doesn't need to be when I could just as easily use a condom, especially since we don't know the long term affects of birth control in a strict sense. It messes with different women differently and we may want kids in the next few years and if so, why even risk it if I can just use condoms? The imposition of birth control on a woman, to me, is worse than the imposition of a condom on a man, so that goes into my calculus too. 

I'm a paranoid person though who just plays it extra safe, so I grant that. 

1 minute ago, Greatoneshere said:

I mean, for sure it's way better, I just don't trust anyone. If she forgets to take the pill one time, etc. Plus I see no reason to put her on birth control when she (my wife) doesn't need to be when I could just as easily use a condom, especially since we don't know the long term affects of birth control in a strict sense. It messes with different women differently and we may want kids in the next few years and if so, why even risk it if I can just use condoms? The imposition of birth control on a woman, to me, is worse than the imposition of a condom on a man, so that goes into my calculus too. 

I use the ring, not the pill. No forgetting with that. No problems with my health in all this time. It’s my choice. I’d rather go this route than rely on condoms. Plus, I need the BC to regulate my cycles. 

We were paranoid when we were dating, because it would have been awful to get pregnant back then. 

3 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I use the ring, not the pill. No forgetting with that. No problems with my health in all this time. It’s my choice. I’d rather go this route than rely on condoms. Plus, I need the BC to regulate my cycles. 

We were paranoid when we were dating, because it would have been awful to get pregnant back then. 

I would say until we want kids, any situation where we get pregnant is awful. :p

That being said, my bad - the ring is totally reliable! And I do know women who do use BC to regulate their cycles - that's their choice (and makes total sense), I just meant if I'm in a sexual relationship with them, whether they use BC for their own reasons or not, I would still use a condom. Women have control of their bodies (rightfully so) so I never want to find myself in a situation where I get a woman pregnant and they decide to keep it when I don't want to keep it because I won't have any say in the matter, hence the caution.

I think for your situation, what you're explaining makes total sense! And ultimately, I think the woman should decide. All the women I've been with like that I burden myself with condoms and shift the imposition on to me, so that's what I just do by habit now. My wife prefers it too, so she doesn't have to worry about the ring, or birth control, etc. Everyone's different, I just think as general policy as a guy don't risk a situation you then can't control, ya know? Generally speaking with sex. Hope is not a tactic is all. :p 

32 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

You wear a condom with your wife?!

• Haha 1