Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

Just now, PaladinSolo said:

Biden is up 20 points at 39% in latest CNN poll, and yesterday supported 15 dollar minimum wage, wants public option to buy into medicare instead of M4A, and the line for his rally was 3 blocks long, not sure anyone else has a chance in a field this large.

The large field works against him, imo

9 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Biden is up 20 points at 39% in latest CNN poll, and yesterday supported 15 dollar minimum wage, wants public option to buy into medicare instead of M4A, and the line for his rally was 3 blocks long, not sure anyone else has a chance in a field this large.

Anti weed though.  Bernie bros will vote for trump in the general election because of that alone.  Cheetos for four more years.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Eh, I'd think they'd vote for someone reasonably left of center like Warren, but she's not getting the nomination either.

Man I hope she gets the nomination now so I can quote this post and go orly and then you can go k.

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, elbobo said:

a billion years out in politic years from the start of voting Biden has a huge lead over Sanders and everyone else is an also ran in the latest CNN poll

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/us/2020_democratic_presidential_nomination-6730.html

No one’s really tuned in yet, so the numbers basically reflect the “Uh, don’t know who these other folks are, so...” polling effect.

I still say Buttigieg has the real momentum, as indicated by his ability to get above the 1-to-sub-1% range of every lesser known candidate—not that I’m personally sold on him yet. (I’m not an easy vote to bag:p)

I think the ghosts of Biden’s past will eat him alive soon enough, and Sanders’s two-dimensionality will start to work against him as it begins to turn away center-left voters, which to the left-of-left’s chagrin are a big bloc in these primaries.  Also, One key difference between now and ‘16 is that Sanders no longer has the ‘fresh face’ effect, which was part of his momentum back then—now he’s a known commodity, competing against fresher faces.

It just doesn't matter that Biden's ahead this early, and I'm sure Hillary and Giuliani can tell him why. In Biden's case, it's worse since there was currently 20 candidates, and even if/when some drop out this year, winning Iowa/New Hampshire requires a significantly smaller share of the vote in a big field.

4 hours ago, Jason said:

Trump seems to have gone on a crazy retweet rampage after this little tantrum. 

You know, the whole “I’ve done more for x group than anyone” shtick is really old and tiresome, but at least in other cases you could maybe make a case for it, like “the economy is doing well because of me*” and that’s helping that group. But these are fucking firefighters, government employees. Shits gonna burn down no matter the economy lol. 

*its not