Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

10 hours ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

the hill has perfected the misleading headline 

Turning off the Yang fanboy schtick for a moment, it's pretty clear Buttigieg has the most momentum; he's the one I hear most talked about amongst the Democrats that I know, including older ones who aren't just drawn in by his millennial appeal, and now the statistics are bearing out what the anecdotes seem to portend--all of which I think indicates strong word-of-mouth.

Biden and Sanders are just coasting off better name recognition in a crowded field now, IMO.  I don't think it will last.

1 hour ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

Turning off the Yang fanboy schtick for a moment, it's pretty clear Buttigieg has the most momentum; he's the one I hear most talked about amongst the Democrats that I know, including older ones who aren't just drawn in by his millennial appeal, and now the statistics are bearing out what the anecdotes seem to portend--all of which I think indicates strong word-of-mouth.

Biden and Sanders are just coasting off better name recognition in a crowded field now, IMO.  I don't think it will last.

Biden most certainly is. Bernie has an appeal different than everyone in the contest minus Warren.

Bernie came out of nowhere in 2016, so even if you wanted to argue that he's coasting on name recognition now, that's selectively omitting the fact that he did have to earn his popularity in 2016.

Sanders has at least 25% of the base locked in. I think he has a lower ceiling than many of the other candidates, but that may not matter if many of them stay in the race and split the vote.

21 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

Sanders has at least 25% of the base locked in. I think he has a lower ceiling than many of the other candidates, but that may not matter if many of them stay in the race and split the vote. 

You'd think Bernie voters liking Warren would be a no-brainer. 

• Like 1

Bernie is by far the left most candidate which is why there’s enthusiasm for him.  Warren is closer to the center but is still much better than the rest of field, which is a blob of Tony Blairs. 

If Warren gets the nomination, most of the left will support her while also criticizing her every time she’s tempted to compromise on her positions. 

1 hour ago, CayceG said:

Warren is the best candidate. Beto and Pete have millennial appeal and little else. Bernie's time has come and gone. 

I love listening to Warren talking about issues. The first time I ever heard her, she was on the Daily Show I think around 2009 talking about the economic collapse, the boom-and-bust economy prior to the New Deal, the legislation signed to stop bust cycles and the relatively mild recessions compared to the Great Depression and prior (since we had more frequent recessions for decades), and the way she explained it actually made it seem like there was not only a solution, but it was doable, both politically and putting it into action. I think Stewart said something like, "You are the first person I've spoken to who made me feel optimistic," or something to that effect.

She's just a great wonk to listen to.

1 hour ago, CayceG said:

From what I know about leftists, thinking about how to enact policies as opposed to merely holding ideals IS an ideological difference. 

Whilst somewhat true, that's a particularly cynical take. At least they mean well, which, while a low bar, is certainly better than most of the rest of the country.