Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

7 minutes ago, Jwheel86 said:

https://www.uspresidentialelectionnews.com/2020-presidential-primary-schedule-calendar/

I just saw the primary schedule, it's really front loaded with Super Tuesday so early. With 20+ running is won't every candidate stick it up until Super Tuesday just 30 days after Iowa? Top 3 (Biden, Bernie, Pete) then drag it out to June. 

I'd say some will probably drop out before 2019 is even over. Even though they don't need as high a share of the vote to win, if you're not going anywhere, you might just count your losses early.

Tapes from Sanders' 1980s public access show have been released. Noah's right: if I went back in a time machine and the first person I saw was Bernie, I'd be like, "Huh, lemme try PoS again."

Look how he talks to the kids about two minutes in.

"I disagree with you. I think you're dumb." :lol:  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I hope inslee makes the debates at the very least. Gravel would be hilarious, too, but a longer shot to make it.

I'm sure Climate is going to come up multiple times in the debates, and easily see Warren going pretty hard on the issue.

9 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

I'm sure Climate is going to come up multiple times in the debates, and easily see Warren going pretty hard on the issue.

I mean it's the first/second? Biggest issue for self identified democrats, but there's gonna be so many people you need more than one person to answer at length about it and rebut bullshit like "there's no money for it"/whatever 

18 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

I'd rather Inslee be in the debates to really make climate front and center. On his platform, all the other issues circle back to climate (immigration and the economy are affected by climate). His voice is important for that.

Gillibrand is under 1%, which is surprising for me. I figured she'd get around the same as Booker or at least more than someone like Hickenlooper. 

21 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I hope inslee makes the debates at the very least. Gravel would be hilarious, too, but a longer shot to make it.

Eh, he wasn't that entertaining in 2008. He honestly doesn't get his points across well, even if you agree with them. Sanders detractors say he sounds like an angry old man, but imo that's Gravel. 

First Choice:

Joe Biden    36%
Bernie Sanders    18%
Pete Buttigieg    9%
Elizabeth Warren    8%
Kamala Harris    6%
Cory Booker    2%
Amy Klobuchar    2%
Beto O’Rourke    2%
John Hickenlooper    1%
Tim Ryan    1%
Andrew Yang    1%
Steve Bullock    <1%
John Delaney    <1%
Tulsi Gabbard    <1%
Kirsten Gillibrand    <1%
Marianne Williamson    <1%
Michael Bennet    0%
Julián Castro    0%
Bill de Blasio    0%
Mike Gravel    0%
Jay Inslee    0%
Wayne Messam    0%
Seth Moulton    0%
Eric Swalwell    0%
(VOL) No one    <1%
(VOL) Undecided    11%

Second choice:

Elizabeth Warren    15%
Kamala Harris    12%
Joe Biden    11%
Bernie Sanders    11%
Pete Buttigieg    9%
Cory Booker    5%
Beto O’Rourke    4%
Amy Klobuchar    3%
Bill de Blasio    1%
John Delaney    1%
Kirsten Gillibrand    1%
John Hickenlooper    1%
Andrew Yang    1%
Michael Bennet    <1%
Julián Castro    <1%
Jay Inslee    <1%
Seth Moulton    <1%
Steve Bullock    0%
Tulsi Gabbard    0%
Mike Gravel    0%
Wayne Messam    0%
Tim Ryan    0%
Eric Swalwell    0%
Marianne Williamson    0%
(VOL) No one    5%
(VOL) Undecided    22%

5 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

I'd rather Inslee be in the debates to really make climate front and center. On his platform, all the other issues circle back to climate (immigration and the economy are affected by climate). His voice is important for that.

Gillibrand is under 1%, which is surprising for me. I figured she'd get around the same as Booker or at least more than someone like Hickenlooper. 

Eh, he wasn't that entertaining in 2008. He honestly doesn't get his points across well, even if you agree with them. Sanders detractors say he sounds like an angry old man, but imo that's Gravel. 

To be clear: I'd like to have the teenagers running his Twitter account to pull a weekend at Bernie's at the debates for Gravel

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

Fuck this guy.

The second source, a former energy department official also advising Biden’s campaign who asked not to be named, said the policy will likely also be supportive of nuclear energy and fossil fuel options like natural gas and carbon capture technology, which limit emissions from coal plants and other industrial facilities.

Holy fucking shit, there's so such fucking thing as CCS. It's a bullshit bit of green washing from the coal and natural gas industries

Plame will likely face questions about accusations of anti-Semitism that came to light in 2017.

Plame tweeted an article in 2017 that accused "American Jews" of "driving America's wars." Written on the fringe site UNZ Review, it stated Jews "own and run the media" and recommended Jewish supporters of Israel like Bill Kristol be labeled as such when they appear on television: "That would be kind-of-like a warning label on a bottle of rat poison."

She initially defended herself against criticism about sharing the piece, at one point tweeting "many neocon hawks ARE Jewish" before eventually apologizing and claiming to have not read the article carefully. Because of the controversy, she resigned from the board of the Ploughshares Fund, a left-wing nonprofit that aggressively promoted the Iran nuclear deal on behalf of the Obama administration.

The Washington Examiner reported that over the course of thee years she shared nine UNZ articles, including one titled "Why I Still Dislike Israel" and another about "Dancing Israelis" on 9/11.

2 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Not economical by any means, and the long term storage needed is wholly unproven. It's easier to leave carbon in the ground

Why not just take this and combine it with the concrete company that uses CO2 and trap it in what we are building anyway. 

3 hours ago, Littleronin said:

Why not just take this and combine it with the concrete company that uses CO2 and trap it in what we are building anyway. 

You're gonna have to link a source on that one, but the process of creating concrete is a massive CO2 emitter (heating CaCO3 into Ca, CO2 and O2)  so it would have to be a different formulation that I'm not familiar with.