Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

58 minutes ago, Jwheel86 said:

"That won't happen again" is a terrible strategy. 

So is trying to predict the most "electable" person, and ignoring everything that's happened since 2016. Run hard on the issues(esp. health care), be more than just "not Donald Trump", be sincerely inclusive to women, minorities, younger voters, and the LGBT community. Be sincere, don't be complacent, but know that the wind is at your back against the most unpopular candidate and president in living memory. Don't be under federal investigation. 

Don didn't win in a landslide,but by the skin of his teeth, and things have only gotten worse since then. He now has to run on a record, and just about all of it is unpopular or bad, but the candidate needs to have a good answer on how to address Chinese trade(his strongest position, esp in the Midwest). Unless there's a real, honest to God bombshell, don't fucking talk about Russia no one cares.

1 minute ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

So is trying to predict the most "electable" person, and ignoring everything that's happened since 2016. Run hard on the issues(esp. health care), be more than just "not Donald Trump", be sincerely inclusive to women, minorities, younger voters, and the LGBT community. Be sincere, don't be complacent, but know that the wind is at your back against the most unpopular candidate and president in living memory. Don't be under federal investigation. 

Don didn't win in a landslide,but by the skin of his teeth, and things have only gotten worse since then. He now has to run on a record, and just about all of it is unpopular or bad, but the candidate needs to have a good answer on how to address Chinese trade(his strongest position, esp in the Midwest). Unless there's a real, honest to God bombshell, don't fucking talk about Russia no one cares.

The Dems retook the House largely by ignoring the Russia thing. 

10 minutes ago, Jose said:

The Dems retook the House largely by ignoring the Russia thing. 

Exactly! Democratic policies are popular, more popular than actual Democrats (see MO voting for redistricting reform and minimum wage increases, despite voting for a republican senator over the incumbent Democrat, ID voting for Medicaid expansion, etc) but that may have something to do with the type of Democrats that run in those places, Republican lites. Why have diet when full flavor is so much better, and you know what you're getting.

Well that didn't take long, Gabbard has picked up a primary challenger from an national guard veteran with more progressive views like M4a, New Green deal and the equality act, while also having flown missions in Iraq and Afghanistan, and currently flies for Hawaiian airlines. Kai Kahele. 

Guess going on national TV and both siding the shut down was a dumb thing to do. 

Old people are the worst. A big reason I only plan to live to 69. I’ll have been married for 50 years, and only really beginning to reach the point of being a net negative on society :p

10 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Old people are the worst. A big reason I only plan to live to 69. I’ll have been married for 50 years, and only really beginning to reach the point of being a net negative on society :p

My dad's in his mid 70s and doing well. I wanna just never die and keep replacing all my kidneys and heart and shit till forever. 

If I do corny jokes in my old age, then that'll be the price I pay to do a lot of traveling post-retirement, damn it.

A wealth tax is probably necessary to fix our fucking economy. The rich assholes have already vacuumed up so much wealth that high income taxes aren't enough. They got that money as a result of flawed* government policy, government policy needs to correct it. 

*-saying it's flawed is generous because it really looks like it's just working as intended, creating the new gilded age at any cost.