Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

17 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Now I wonder how the recent foreign policy news will change anything, if it does.

Obama had a "historic" deal in 2016, and I don't think it was important as other issues at the time.

Honestly no one is going to care about foreign policy news unless its like we won WW3, or started it, lol.  Its one of those issues where people might have an opinion on it but ultimately don't give a shit.

Can't wait for a repeat for the Obama years, not the first two years where things got done, but there last six where we were sleepwalking into disaster. All in the name of hoping for some magical middle ground. News flash, republicans saw their fortunes rise in steadfast opposition to Obama, they're going to do the same fucking thing with Biden. There won't be a "return to civility" for the simple fact that there never really was "civility" to begin with, it was a whitewashing. They're either the exact same actors as before or the children and disciples of these same actors. Their dismantling of the state is a long game, and they're winning, if not having won already and democrats have no interest in opposing that; their only interest is having individual politicos holding power. You see this shit with the gerrymanders democrats do! Rather than potentially secure another seat for the party, they'd rather *totally* secure the one seat of an incumbent.

Hope everyone is excited for 4 years of bad faith defecit scolding from republicans, with uncritical help from the media.

4 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Can't wait for a repeat for the Obama years, not the first two years where things got done, but there last six where we were sleepwalking into disaster. All in the name of hoping for some magical middle ground. News flash, republicans saw their fortunes rise in steadfast opposition to Obama, they're going to do the same fucking thing with Biden. There won't be a "return to civility" for the simple fact that there never really was "civility" to begin with, it was a whitewashing. They're either the exact same actors as before or the children and disciples of these same actors. Their dismantling of the state is a long game, and they're winning, if not having won already and democrats have no interest in opposing that; their only interest is having individual politicos holding power. You see this shit with the gerrymanders democrats do! Rather than potentially secure another seat for the party, they'd rather *totally* secure the one seat of an incumbent.

Hope everyone is excited for 4 years of bad faith defecit scolding from republicans, with uncritical help from the media.

I mean, what's the point of this? What's the alternative right now?

7 minutes ago, Amazatron said:

Write in campaign for Kanye West of course.  Seriously though Sanders and Michelle Obama are main speakers tonight as well, but lets all freak out cause the DNC is trying to win some votes in Ohio with a popular former governor speaking, who is expected to just talk about the need of having a functioning government.

tl;dr:

Republicans want to change the Roman Republic into an Empire (or actually just collapse the whole thing)

Democrats want to be the Senators who continue collecting salaries and arguing for a century after the Empire has collapsed into barbarism

Somehow, in 2032, with the former USA now split into 23 different nations or collection of states, I can still see the "US Congress" meeting with Robo-Pelosi holding press conferences and fundraisers.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Amazatron said:

Just because there's no real alternative doesn't mean I can't be critical. It's just stupidity that we're doing the same thing as 2008 but looking at smaller majorities in congress and the problems from then haven't changed and if anything have gotten more urgent. All the while the GOP has purged from office anyone who might support some sort of compromise. Like yeah, great, these former officeholders are having a change of heart on civility, not policy, great, but how exactly are they going to get anyone in the Senate on board? They won't, and all signaling seems to show that we will still need to get 60 votes for anything that isn't by unanimous consent like renaming post offices. So congrats folks, this failed strategy might just work this time! I'm sure some more out of office republicans will get behind you and will tally into dozens of votes