Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

5 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

"I agree but it won't happen" (implicit: so don't bother trying)

Take a drink.

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

The point is Republicans never feel bound by "it won't happen" so the Democrats guarantee a perpetual rightward slide by always starting with the "realistic" position. The way to get these more "realistic" outcomes to actually happen is to start by swinging for the bleachers. 

My point is that your political system has your candidates (particularly congressmen) beholden to special interest groups to fund their campaigns, and the healthcare and insurance industry are big contributors.  IMHO, a presidential candidate will never get "medicare for all" through congress because of this.

1 minute ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

My point is that your political system has your candidates (particularly congressmen) beholden to special interest groups to fund their campaigns, and the healthcare and insurance industry are big contributors.  IMHO, a presidential candidate will never get "medicare for all" through congress because of this.

So don't try, got it. Don't use the leverage and power of the office to build a movement though labor organizing and unionization to force legislators to do it, or force them out. Or to push for expanded courts to reconsider the role of money in politics, or anything else which would shift the overton window To get us in a place where we can get M4A, instead of settling for capping insurance premiums at 8.5% of gross income, before taxes transfers and coinsurance and other "cost sharing" for a select subgroup of people while still leaving millions uninsured.

Don't fucking try because it's hard. 

1 minute ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

So don't try, got it. Don't use the leverage and power of the office to build a movement though labor organizing and unionization to force legislators to do it, or force them out. Or to push for expanded courts to reconsider the role of money in politics, or anything else which would shift the overton window To get us in a place where we can get M4A, instead of settling for capping insurance premiums at 8.5% of gross income, before taxes transfers and coinsurance and other "cost sharing" for a select subgroup of people while still leaving millions uninsured.

Don't fucking try because it's hard. 

That is not what I said.

1 minute ago, PaladinSolo said:

I do hope he drops out instead of dragging this out like last time.

He had zero chance to win last time after Super Tuesday, he still has a path but I expect the rest of March to go poorly for him.

2 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

He's doesn't, he's done. 

This is not true. I don’t think he will win, but he certainly has a chance with the field emptying. His worst case scenario was a bunch of the candidates staying in and blunting his ability to get big wins because a brokered convention doesn’t go to him in any scenario.

11 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

This is not true. I don’t think he will win, but he certainly has a chance with the field emptying. His worst case scenario was a bunch of the candidates staying in and blunting his ability to get big wins because a brokered convention doesn’t go to him in any scenario.

Plus, it's worth it for him to stay in just in case Biden does something so stupid that he has to withdraw. I don't think that's likely, but hey, still need a backup!

2 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Plus, it's worth it for him to stay in just in case Biden does something so stupid that he has to withdraw. I don't think that's likely, but hey, still need a backup!

I dunno, Biden's brain being pudding seems like it increases the odds of that happening.

Remember how we all laughed how Trump got impeached for trying to get a foreign country to investigate someone that probably won't even end up being the guy he goes up against in the general election, and now that guy is the actual frontrunner? 

WTF is this world?! 

1 minute ago, legend said:

I'm not saying it's false, but using one's perception of their twitter interactions isn't what I would call a reliable measure of general populations.

You don’t say :p 

1 hour ago, vaxick said:

I wonder how many weeks it'll take to stop receiving Bloomberg ads in the mail.

Dear god, I back back to LA last week after being gone most of February and my mailbox was STUFFED with Bloomberg ads. It was seriously unnerving and annoying.

16 minutes ago, Commodore D said:

Just saw my first Elizabeth Warren commercial. It was an Obama narrated commercial.

She's pulling the Obama strategy as well, eh?  Guess that means she's not dropping out?

4 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Dear god, I back back to LA last week after being gone most of February and my mailbox was STUFFED with Bloomberg ads. It was seriously unnerving and annoying.

She's pulling the Obama strategy as well, eh?  Guess that means she's not dropping out?

I usually get about 500 emails per day from her campaign. Haven't received a single one all day today.

5 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I think I only got one Bloomberg mailer, might have been because I didn't change my registration to Democrat until a couple of weeks before the deadline. 

So any takes on why Warren massively disappointed in her campaign? She was seen as basically the centrist progressive that would be the most electable progressive, but she got completely steamrolled. So just a case of she wasn't centrist enough for the centrists and not progressive enough for the progressives? I do wonder if the whole DNA test thing just completely destroyed her credibly already, because that was just a really bad look.