Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

When did Williamson drop out?

That's like the old joke about the enlightened Buddhist that goes up to a hot dog vender and says, ""Make me one with everything.".

When did Williamson drop out? Time is meaningless and her state of being has been and always will be both in and out of the race at all times. Also, buy suppliments.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ThreePi said:

I don't get it. Neck up? Bloomberg should just call him a fatass who leans forward when he's standing up to hide his gut.

Neck up is a reference to smarts I assume. And considering Trump needs to snort adderall just to be able to send a tweet...

3 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Saw a quote on Twitter: people say you can’t buy elections, but we’ve never tested it at this price point

Ugh.

I've read some anecdotal stories on Twitter of people jumping from Warren to Bloomberg. I know someone who is like that, personally. I don't get it at all.

2 minutes ago, Jose said:

Ugh.

I've read some anecdotal stories on Twitter of people jumping from Warren to Bloomberg. I know someone who is like that, personally. I don't get it at all.

The more I read about Bloomberg, the more this looks like his m.o.: just  buy off the small fish for a large amount of money (for us) which the sum total impact to Bloomberg is minimal. 

37 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Saw a quote on Twitter: people say you can’t buy elections, but we’ve never tested it at this price point

His ads are fucking everywhere, at least for me. All over tv and my FB feed. So if I think of some average joe blow who doesn't pay much attention, I can see him getting support. The only ads I've seen for me are his and Trump's, and I see nothing of everyone else.

3 minutes ago, Dodger said:

His ads are fucking everywhere, at least for me. All over tv and my FB feed. So if I think of some average joe blow who doesn't pay much attention, I can see him getting support. The only ads I've seen for me are his and Trump's, and I see nothing of everyone else.

The “beauty” of being in a Super Tuesday state. I get the same thing. Other campaigns have a budget, Bloomberg really doesn’t. 

1 minute ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

The “beauty” of being in a Super Tuesday state. I get the same thing. Other campaigns have a budget, Bloomberg really doesn’t. 

Right, and much like you I'm sure I've been seeing his ads since before the Super Bowl. So by the time our primary hits, he has blitzed the state with 2 months of constant ads, while everyone will do what 2 weeks worth? And if you don't pay much attention does some average guy in Gilbert Arizona know who the fuck say the mayor of some city in a state you probably can't find a map anymore is based off his 1 week of ads when you've seen Bloomberg and Trump on tv since the New year?

I would say it's like Ross Perot, but Perot at least had some charisma and likability too. Bloomberg is just straight blitzing my state, and I'm sure many others with non stop ads. 

5 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

Culinary Union in Nevada comes out against Sanders' and Warren's health care plans. Side note: The union did not endorse in 2016's primary (they endorsed Hillary in the general). Sanders has strong union support elsewhere, but Nevada is the next caucus, and I'm reading they're a key union in the state.

Sanders responds to them and Buttigieg's comments on Medicare-for-All and the union:

Apparently the Bernie Bros are unhappy with this outcome:

While I very much understand that unions don't want to lose their hard fought healthcare plans, I'm still surprised that this seems to be their primary point of contention with progressive dems. 

8 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

Apparently the Bernie Bros are unhappy with this outcome:

While I very much understand that unions don't want to lose their hard fought healthcare plans, I'm still surprised that this seems to be their primary point of contention with progressive dems. 

Ill admit I am dumb as a bag bricks but why would they lose it?

2 hours ago, Dodger said:

Right, and much like you I'm sure I've been seeing his ads since before the Super Bowl. So by the time our primary hits, he has blitzed the state with 2 months of constant ads, while everyone will do what 2 weeks worth? And if you don't pay much attention does some average guy in Gilbert Arizona know who the fuck say the mayor of some city in a state you probably can't find a map anymore is based off his 1 week of ads when you've seen Bloomberg and Trump on tv since the New year?

I would say it's like Ross Perot, but Perot at least had some charisma and likability too. Bloomberg is just straight blitzing my state, and I'm sure many others with non stop ads. 

Yes, nothing but Bloomberg ads here in Florida.

This is in large part of the Citizens United Supreme Court case. There are barely limits to anything. It was actually in the past week-ish that I learned of another case, McCutcheon v. FEC. Quick wiki summary if you don't know about it:

"McCutcheon v. Federal Election Commission, 572 U.S. 185 (2014), is a landmark campaign finance decision of the United States Supreme Court. The decision held that Section 441 of the Federal Election Campaign Act (FECA), which imposed a limit on contributions an individual can make over a two-year period to national party and federal candidate committees, is unconstitutional."