Canada to increase immigration targets by 33%, welcome 400,000/yr starting this year

Canada-Immigration-Levels-Plan-2021-2023
WWW.CICNEWS.COM

Canada will aim to welcome 401,000 immigrants in 2021, another 411,000 in 2022, and 421,000 in 2023.

Over the coming three years, Canada will aim to welcome the following number of new immigrants:

2021: 401,000 immigrants
2022: 411,000 immigrants
2023: 421,000 immigrants

Since its founding in 1867, Canada has welcomed at least 300,000 immigrants in a year just five times. It is currently welcoming 0.9 per cent of its population in immigrants, which is three times higher than the per capita newcomer intake in the United States.

Good news. People want to come, and we aren't having enough children to continue growth, or prevent an average age increase that will strain the medical system and safety nets. 

Can I put in a request for chefs from mexico & south america? There has been some improvements in recent years but the stuff here still pales in comparison to what I use to have back in SoCal. -.-

7 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Is it warm there?

It can get warm in some parts. Toronto can get up into the 90s in the summer. Montreal get humid as **** during the summer months.

42 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Is it warm there?

Vancouver area (and coastal BC in general) is probably the warmest part of Canada on a consistent basis. Winters are usually above freezing (though lots of rain), very similar to the PNW of Washington or Oregon. The horseshoe region of Ontario around the Great Lakes is also warmed in winter compared to say, the Maritimes or prairies, but it still gets lots of snow, and is more humid (compared to the prairies, where it can be -30 or 40, but is generally low in humidity).

44 minutes ago, chakoo said:

Can I put in a request for chefs from mexico & south america? There has been some improvements in recent years but the stuff here still pales in comparison to what I use to have back in SoCal. -.-

The food in Canada would be my biggest worry honestly, but Toronto seems like just as good a food city as any other in North America.

10 minutes ago, Joe said:

Can you hosers accelerate global warming up there, so I can move to Toronto and not freeze my balls off? K thanks.

Predictions are that by 2050, Toronto will be as warm as....  Baltimore.

1 minute ago, Joe said:

The food in Canada would be my biggest worry honestly, but Toronto seems like just as good a food city as any other in North America.

The variety of food in Toronto (both via grocery stores, and restaurants) is better than any other place I have lived/visited.

5 minutes ago, Joe said:

Canada has plenty of good food, it's just that any kind of Hispanic food is a specific type of food that's not going to be up to the standards we're used to.

2 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Predictions are that by 2050, Toronto will be as warm as....  Baltimore.

The variety of food in Toronto (both via grocery stores, and restaurants) is better than any other place I have lived/visited.

Baltimore is doable! Y'all have black squirrels up there and they blew my mind when I saw them for the first time.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Canada has plenty of good food, it's just that any kind of Hispanic food is a specific type of food that's not going to be up to the standards we're used to.

This is largely correct. There will of course be some amazing Hispanic food in some places, but there is a much smaller % of Hispanic people in Canada, so overall there aren't going to be as many great places. Where Canada shines (imo) is in the options for east and south-Asian cuisine. 

2 hours ago, Joe said:

The food scene in Toronto has gotten pretty good in the last 5 years but there are still some cultures where the food representation is pretty poor. There are others where the stuff is just amazing. 

If you're curious you can hit up BlogTO to get an idea.

blogto-1200x630.jpg
WWW.BLOGTO.COM

Toronto's source for local news and culture, restaurant reviews, event listings and the best of the city.

19 minutes ago, chakoo said:

The food scene in Toronto has gotten pretty good in the last 5 years but there are still some cultures where the food representation is pretty poor. There are others where the stuff is just amazing. 

If you're curious you can hit up BlogTO to get an idea.

blogto-1200x630.jpg
WWW.BLOGTO.COM

Toronto's source for local news and culture, restaurant reviews, event listings and the best of the city.

I actually will check this out, thanks! I love reading about food because I'm a fatty. Btw, this place looks incredible:

20201029-BirriaCatrina6.jpg?w=1200&cmd=r
WWW.BLOGTO.COM

Birria Catrina is a tiny stall serving up Mexico's most famous stewed meat. This slow-cooked dish hailing from the state of Jalisco has been gaining pop...

Honestly, I think immigration is becoming an issue that shouldn't be decided by individual countries. We live in a global economy, whether we like it or not. How many people work for companies that have employees all over the globe? I just seems backwards. "You can only move here if you're rich, a doctor, or a refugee, or if you have immediate family here (in most countries that doesn't even work)"

Like, if we all, as the globe, decided to relax immigration standards, wouldn't that benefit everyone? Countries like in the EU that have extremely strict immigration standards because they have really high unemployment, if we all agreed to relax our immigration standards, wouldn't that mean your citizens are now more free to leave, reducing the burden on your economy? I know it's not that simple, but I don't understand why immigration standards are so high in basically any non-third-world country. Like, the USA's immigration standards are positively lax compared to basically anywhere in Europe.

4 hours ago, Joe said:

I actually will check this out, thanks! I love reading about food because I'm a fatty. Btw, this place looks incredible:

20201029-BirriaCatrina6.jpg?w=1200&cmd=r
WWW.BLOGTO.COM

Birria Catrina is a tiny stall serving up Mexico's most famous stewed meat. This slow-cooked dish hailing from the state of Jalisco has been gaining pop...

Yeah I just noticed that when getting you a link to BlogTO. The building that it's in is an amazing spot for food. I use to go there all the time because what started the whole thing was a chef at a major mexican restaurant was kind or burnt out walking down the street and saw the open space and asked if he could open a stall. The guys food was amazing, if a bit slow, but he would make everything from scratch and would treat every order like he was making it at a high end michelin star restaurant. The guy eventually moved on but the place stuck as a breeding ground for new restaurants.

20201029-214Augusta7.jpg?w=1200&cmd=resi
WWW.BLOGTO.COM

Kensington Market's 214 Augusta is one of Toronto's foremost destinations for Latin American eats.  For over a decade, the cramped quarters of this...

Also the part of the city this is located in, Kensington Market, is an amazing place for food. It's quite a hipster part of the city but you get some amazing food at fair prices.