Lord Of The Rings Trilogy 4k Pre Orders

SimpleG

Don't jump on this quite yet:

Screen-Shot-2020-10-07-at-11.54.50-AM-sc
WWW.THEONERING.NET

LOTR and The Hobbit are getting the 4K UHD Treatment and we’ve got a special announcement from Sean Astin telling you all about it!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

WWW.THEONERING.NET

LOTR and The Hobbit are getting the 4K UHD Treatment and we’ve got a special announcement from Sean Astin telling you all about it!

I guess this just seems weird to me. Remastering for the 4K release and then another 1080p remaster the next year? 

On 10/7/2020 at 10:14 PM, Emperor Diocletian II said:

WWW.THEONERING.NET

So a totally different remaster in one more year? Am I understanding that correctly?

2 hours ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

So a totally different remaster in one more year? Am I understanding that correctly?

That's not very clear.

Additionally, to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the first The Lord of the Rings film, a newly remastered Blu-ray trilogy of The Lord of the Rings films will be available in the Fall of 2021, also including the theatrical and extended versions.

Maybe that means in 2021 they'll release a remaster of the regular Blu Ray?

• 1 month later...

Have come to appreciate this guys reviews. He's knowledgeable about film, the processes behind it, audio & video stuff, etc. He doesn't do a number or grade score, just a solid & thorough review of all aspects.

TL;DR is that this is the introductory version of the collection and down the road they will have a full 6 film version coming out. I shall wait & see what that all entails before finally deciding which version to snag. IF Jackson & WETA can retool the Hobbit Films in a way that makes them better & fixes the CGI and all that, then I may snag that edition next year.

29 minutes ago, SoberChef said:

Have come to appreciate this guys reviews. He's knowledgeable about film, the processes behind it, audio & video stuff, etc. He doesn't do a number or grade score, just a solid & thorough review of all aspects.

TL;DR is that this is the introductory version of the collection and down the road they will have a full 6 film version coming out. I shall wait & see what that all entails before finally deciding which version to snag. IF Jackson & WETA can retool the Hobbit Films in a way that makes them better & fixes the CGI and all that, then I may snag that edition next year.

He’s really good. I also like that his “scale” is basically buy, buy when on sale, and skip if you have the blu ray. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SoberChef said:

Thanks. 

Im in the same boat. I really want the LotT 4K. I wasn’t a huge fan of the Hobbit movies but I didn’t hate them. So I wouldn’t mind skipping them. But IF Jackson reworks them and the CGI in some way. Then I’d def wait to see how that turns out to get the full 6 movie collection. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

Thanks. 

Im in the same boat. I really want the LotT 4K. I wasn’t a huge fan of the Hobbit movies but I didn’t hate them. So I wouldn’t mind skipping them. But IF Jackson reworks them and the CGI in some way. Then I’d def wait to see how that turns out to get the full 6 movie collection. 

The same guy that did that video did one for the hobbit. He said it was really good iirc but obviously not as good as lotr. 

1 hour ago, SoberChef said:

Oh shit, they actually re-worked the CGI?  I thought I read an article that said they did not do that, but now I am super hyped!  Gotta pick my copy up tomorrow.

10 hours ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Yeah that's the case on dvd. A 4k blu ray disc holds 100 GB and the files on these discs combined don't approach that.

Disc 1 of ROTK EE

Disc Size: 84,997,796,613 bytes
Protection: AACS2
Extras: Ultra HD, BD-Java
BDInfo: 0.7.5.9

PLAYLIST REPORT:

Name: 00803.MPLS  
Length: 2:07:40.235 (h:m:s.ms)
Size: 84,030,326,784 bytes
Total Bitrate: 87.76 Mbps

(*) Indicates included stream hidden by this playlist.

VIDEO:

Codec Bitrate Description  
----- ------- -----------  
MPEG-H HEVC Video 64229 kbps 2160p / 23.976 fps / 16:9 / Main 10 @ Level 5.1 @ High / 4:2:0 / 10 bits / 4000nits / HDR10 / BT.2020
* MPEG-H HEVC Video 2103 kbps (3.17%) 1080p / 23.976 fps / 16:9 / Main 10 @ Level 5.1 @ High / 4:2:0 / 10 bits / 4000nits / Dolby Vision MEL / BT.2020

24 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

@SimpleG I stand corrected. Thanks. Though it does make me wonder the difference in quality between the theatrical and extended versions then since the theatrical fit on one disc and you're only adding an additional ~30 min on Fellowship for example.

Woah...  This isn't how the internet works.  Never accept you are wrong.  Fight against all odds and facts that may be against you!

Kudos for being rational.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

@SimpleG I stand corrected. Thanks. Though it does make me wonder the difference in quality between the theatrical and extended versions then since the theatrical fit on one disc and you're only adding an additional ~30 min on Fellowship for example.

It’s closer to 50 mins with credits. Being a flagship film I am sure they wanted it to be top tier and this was the only way to do it.