Backlaugust!

Brick

This is something we do over at Negative World, and I figured we should try it out here too this year. Basically use the month of August to chip away at your backlog, hence the name, Backlaugust! We'll use this month to see how many games we can add to the finished pile, and see who can finish the most games for a little fun.

The rules are simple:

- tell us what you're playing

- play a game from your backlog, either a game that's been sitting on your shelf or Steam library for a long time that you've decided to finally play and finish, or a game you started long ago, but for whatever reason stopped playing and have been meaning to get back to and finish

- don't use a game that is new, or a game that you're already currently playing, pick a game from your actual backlog

- pick a game that you already own

- when a game is actually "finished" is up to you. Whether that be completing the main story, getting 100% completion rating, getting all Achievements/Trophies, or just whenever you feel "done" with a game

- post when you're finished, and all the games that have been finished will be added to this OP

All right, let's get started, and have some fun getting some of our backlogs done! Let's see how many games we can complete!

THE FINISHED PILE

1. Bayonetta (Wii U) - Brick

2. Middle Earth: Shadow of War (Xbox One) - number305

3. Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow (Playstation 2) - Brick

4. God of War (Playstation 4) - skillzdadirecta

5. Super Mario Odyssey (Switch) - best3444

6. God of War II (Playstation 2) - Brick

7. God of War III (Playstation 3) - Brick

8. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (Playstation 3) - Brick

Sure, I'm in.  I bought Tales of Zestiria almost 2 years ago for PS4 and never even took the celophane off, because I was in the middle of something else.  Then the games just kept coming out.  I'll crack that open this weekend.

• Like 1

I technically started Tales From The Borderlands before this thread, but just finished it Thursday. It had been in my backlog ever since it was a GWG for Xbox One. I did not even have it installed. 

I have Breath of the Wild and No Man's Sky Next (Xbox) started, so I guess those do not count. But I also have Mario Odyssey which I have not started. So maybe that could count?

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Both really good games.

I have beat the main part of Shadow of War.  I'm in the Epilogue.  Does that have an end or does it just cycle forever?  

Shadow of War was a pretty fun game.  Lots of games these days forget the fun part.

3 minutes ago, number305 said:

I have beat the main part of Shadow of War.  I'm in the Epilogue.  Does that have an end or does it just cycle forever?  

Shadow of War was a pretty fun game.  Lots of games these days forget the fun part.

It has an end... you have to successfully defend all your fortresses. They did add some more content a few weeks ago though.

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

It has an end... you have to successfully defend all your fortresses. They did add some more content a few weeks ago though.

The other night I got killed on a pretty big fluke defending a fortress.  It was a 'no chance' kill and it really kinda sucked.  You have to take the fortress again.  Ugh.

On 8/17/2018 at 9:14 AM, Man_of_X said:

Well, I'm not winning anything in this little event, but I will be working on things, soooooo.....

Doom 2016

Rise of the Tomb Raider 

Far Cry 5

These are a few I've been thinking about lately. 

Don't worry there's nothing to win! This is just a fun push to get everyone to chip away at their backlogs together! 

On 8/17/2018 at 12:38 PM, number305 said:

The other night I got killed on a pretty big fluke defending a fortress.  It was a 'no chance' kill and it really kinda sucked.  You have to take the fortress again.  Ugh.

Those no chance fuckers are a bitch... gotta scout those orcs when you can so you know which ones have that trait. I think there's a specific orc Tribe or class that almost always has it.

20 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Those no chance fuckers are a bitch... gotta scout those orcs when you can so you know which ones have that trait. I think there's a specific orc Tribe or class that almost always has it.

I finished it last night.  Great game.

Spoiler

They really didn't seem to leave any room open for any more sequels.  I mean the story is pretty well wrapped up from all angles.  I can't see even with a different hero how they could make it work in that world again.