The official RTX 3000 series launch event thread & subsequent quest to strive in vain to find one!

Mr.Vic20

Just now, Spork3245 said:

When I realized it, after scouring BB's broken "add to card" buttons, it said there were still some in stock (nVidia's site), but after adding to cart and hitting "check out" it would just hang at "checking out"

Yup, got that far myself, same out come. MY personal favorite was when I tried to buy one from bestbuy and they added it to my cart, then I hit check out and after a few seconds it said, "oh snap! Just a few changes to your cart!" and deleted the card from my cart. :lol: "Oh snap!" indeed.

4 minutes ago, Ominous said:

I made it to checkout with evga before it crashed. 

Yup, managed that feat as well. There really is no stock in the wild, and all of Nvidia's PR and smoke/Mirror show can't change that. What really annoys me is that I don'ty see the situation getting any better for months. Here's hoping the DLSS 2.0 in Cyberpunk is waaaaay good, because I fear I'll be playing it on my 2080ti. 

5 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

And here they are boys and girls, the few that actually were sold:

ebay-logo-1-1200x630-margin.png
WWW.EBAY.COM

Get the best deals for nvidia+rtx+3090 at eBay.com. We have a great online selection at the lowest prices with Fast & Free shipping on...

Here ya go:

s-l400.jpg
WWW.EBAY.COM

8x10 pictures of a NVIDIA RTX 3090. Frame it, hang it on your wall, fold it into a paper airplane, whatever. Just to make you feel better about not being able to...

I went ahead and ordered a Zoltan 3090 from CDW because you can just get a back order ticket instead of having to be in the right place at the right time. If something comes available before then I’ll cancel that order.

3 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I went ahead and ordered a Zoltan 3090 from CDW because you can just get a back order ticket instead of having to be in the right place at the right time. If something comes available before then I’ll cancel that order.

I did that too for a 3080 but I got an email that said november or december. :/