Do you like Brisket?

Remarkableriots

I have had only had brisket twice. The first time I really liked it. I mean, it was the best thing ever. The second time I didn't like it at all. The first one was home made and the second was from Dickey's BBQ. I can never be sure as I never asked the guy who made the first brisket, but his might have been Pork and that was why I liked it. But he only called it Brisket so I don't know. The second was way too beefy. Didn't taste any different than just plain beef, and I am not really a fan of Beef when it tastes really beefy. I don't really even care for steak or thick burgers cuz that shit is usually too beefy. I need steaks to be thin and heavily seasoned. 

14 minutes ago, Bacon said:

second was from Dickey's BBQ.

Being from Texas.....don't go to chain BBQ

Also due to the pandemic, brisket is at a sky high avg around $99/lb since it's been difficult to source it.  I haven't had texas bbq in a long time.

1 hour ago, Rachel said:

I’m not just throwing it around lol I 50% think it might be him. I almost 50% think it might not. 

57 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

I am 💯 not Apoc

Let's get this betting started!!!

I'm gonna throw out 25% sure for no particular reason.

5 hours ago, Bacon said:

I have had only had brisket twice. The first time I really liked it. I mean, it was the best thing ever. The second time I didn't like it at all. The first one was home made and the second was from Dickey's BBQ. I can never be sure as I never asked the guy who made the first brisket, but his might have been Pork and that was why I liked it. But he only called it Brisket so I don't know. The second was way too beefy. Didn't taste any different than just plain beef, and I am not really a fan of Beef when it tastes really beefy. I don't really even care for steak or thick burgers cuz that shit is usually too beefy. I need steaks to be thin and heavily seasoned. 

Brisket is, by definition, beef.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Jason said:

Brisket is, by definition, beef.

I know. But the homemade version tasted nothing like beef. It didn't really taste like any meat I have had before, but I know "pork brisket" is a thing so I wonder if it was that or if the guy deleted the beefy flavor. He also served made some pulled pork as well so that is why I thought maybe it was pork. 

5 hours ago, eggydoo said:

Being from Texas.....don't go to chain BBQ

Also due to the pandemic, brisket is at a sky high avg around $99/lb since it's been difficult to source it.  I haven't had texas bbq in a long time.

Our local BBQ joint said they have seen upwards of 250% increase in price.

16 hours ago, Jason said:

Hot pastrami. :drool:

My go-to deli order is half pastrami half tongue, both hot. 

Damn, I have a friend that goes to NJ every year to visit his son and he brings me some pastrami from his favorite deli back...not this yr though. :cry: