What are you playing today?

9 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

your a better man than me. I had played a souls game for a long time and only  recently picked up remastered for x1 to give it another go and I couldn't get into the flow of the gameplay and even pull off any backstabs. 

The game isn't that really hard... more of an exercise in patience than anything else. I'm fighting the urge to go right into a new game+ or dive into Dark Souls 2...  I have a couple of other, less lengthy games I want to try and beat first. Gonna jump back into Gears of War 4 and Control before I start another lengthy RPG. the trick with the Souls games is to figure out your play style and then build your character to suit that. I went with a dex build this play through and had a lot more fun and success than previous play throughs I've attempted.

5 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

The game isn't that really hard... more of an exercise in patience than anything else. I'm fighting the urge to go right into a new game+ or dive into Dark Souls 2...  I have a couple of other, less lengthy games I want to try and beat first. Gonna jump back into Gears of War 4 and Control before I start another lengthy RPG. the trick with the Souls games is to figure out your play style and then build your character to suit that. I went with a dex build this play through and had a lot more fun and success than previous play throughs I've attempted.

I love the souls game. Was a fan of Fromsoft going all the way back to the king's field games and can still remember being blown away when I first played Demon Souls, which I wish they would remaster. I just couldn't get back into the rhythm of the game. 

Just now, EternallDarkness said:

I love the souls game. Was a fan of Fromsoft going all the way back to the king's field games and can still remember being blown away when I first played Demon Souls, which I wish they would remaster. I just couldn't get back into the rhythm of the game. 

Demon's Souls is one of the main reasons I wish the PS5 was BC with the PS3... really want to replay that game. I have the collector's edition that came with a mini-guide.

Making my way through astral chain. This game has worn out its welcome and I’m basically forcing myself to finish at this point. I’m on file 9 and over 20hrs, so I think I’m pretty close to done. It was definitely fun for a while with file 6 being the highlight. I really dislike going through the gates. It’s such a boring environment that they constantly put you in. I usually wind up just stopping right there and coming back in small spurts bc I really dislike it. 

the gameplay is obviously the highlight but after 20hrs of it, I’ve definitely had enough. 

couldn't decide on what else to start playing so only ended up playing Ring Fit, finished the third world. Watched my youngest nephew for a little while today and he tried it out too. The kid is a bean poll and definitely in shape, but he obviously never does squats because after about ten minutes he starting complaining he was sore :lol: 

Of all things, Twilight Princess (Wii version, playing on the Wii U) and I started Chrono Trigger back up on the DS. As you can tell, nothing that current, which is due to being back in education and thus being poor as fuck. 

The reason for Zelda was mainly I really fancied a good adventure game and I've never finished it, plus I remember it being pretty easy, so I'm aiming to blast through it relatively quickly if it maintains my interest.

Little Town Hero - I bought it hoping the battle system would be interesting and it’s not.  It is overly complicated and way too slow. I get that each battle is suppose to be a boss fight but this doesn’t allow for you to learn the system. I don’t recommend this game at all. 

13 hours ago, gamer.tv said:

Of all things, Twilight Princess (Wii version, playing on the Wii U) and I started Chrono Trigger back up on the DS. As you can tell, nothing that current, which is due to being back in education and thus being poor as fuck. 

The reason for Zelda was mainly I really fancied a good adventure game and I've never finished it, plus I remember it being pretty easy, so I'm aiming to blast through it relatively quickly if it maintains my interest.

I'm playing through Wind Waker at the moment, after which I'll also be playing Twilight Princess.  Let me know what you think as you move along!

• 2 weeks later...

Luigis Mansion 3 - started last night, played for about 35 minutes. It seems fun, but controls are a little wonky. 

COD: MW - love/hate with the MP in this game, but the graphics, unlocks, leveling have me coming back for more. Campaign was fantastic. 

BFV: Pacific DLC drops today! Cant wait to dive in

Outer Worlds: Only about 2hrs in and really itching to get back in....but see above! 

Dark Souls 2, Outer Worlds and Control. Tried to finish Control last night and realized my character was a little underpowered for the last mission. So i did a couple of side missions to unlock some more powers and upgrades. I really like the game and it looks really good on the X1X and in 4K but the load times are REALLY painful especially if you are dying a lot and have to reload saves.

I played about 30 minutes of Arkham Knight today and the man-bat scared the life out of me. I also ended up being in town, so picked up RE2 (remake) considering the day and after playing only the first 20 minutes, it's pretty much perfect so far, to me. 

Also, still plugging away at Chrono Trigger (I've just got the time machine), so I'll keep digging away. It's fun having a DS just to play the occasional game on - though once I finish Chrono Trigger I'll be fairly torn on what to start next (Dragon Quest games, The World Ends with You, Mario & Luigi, Pokemon, the list goes on...)