What are you playing today?

5 hours ago, gamer.tv said:

Man of Medan and Arkham Knight. 

So we finished Man of Medan and it was perfectly fine. I love the gameplay and the idea of playing with people sitting with you, but it ended too soon and I did t feel the fear.

On finishing, it does show the next game due to be released and I’m very interested in that.

2 hours ago, gamer.tv said:

So we finished Man of Medan and it was perfectly fine. I love the gameplay and the idea of playing with people sitting with you, but it ended too soon and I did t feel the fear.

On finishing, it does show the next game due to be released and I’m very interested in that.

I agree and it makes me concerned for future releases. It is too bite size. You didn’t get enough time with the characters to build relationships so when deaths happened it didn't have much impact.  Since the cast will be different each game, I fear the same thing happening. 

Another downside is the ship. It is too narrow and confined of an environment which didn’t allow for much exploring and didn’t really add to the atmosphere. The ship gave off a Scooby Doo vibe for me. I normally get scared easily when playing a game like this and I don’t recall getting scared once. 

The last major concern I have is the engine. Playing this on the Pro, I experienced a lot of slow down and texture pop-in.  I fear a Tell-Tale issue all over again where engine issues become the big talking point. 

I hope Supermassive games do better with the next one. 

34 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Ya, I'm super excited to be spending a few grand to replace the AC. 

How old is your house/AC?

Mine was built in 2002 and has the original unit so looks like I'm going to have replace it within the next 10 years. And you really can't not have AC in the summer here. 

1 minute ago, Dodger said:

How old is your house/AC?

Mine was built in 2002 and has the original unit so looks like I'm going to have replace it within the next 10 years. And you really can't not have AC in the summer here. 

House was built in 2003 and the AC is that old. They could repair it, but it's a gamble and I'd rather not pour hundreds of dollars into a dying unit, because the leaks will keep happening and it's at the end of the lifespan anyway. We basically just threw away $250 Saturday when it quit working and they came out to try to repair the leak. We're literally in the midst of a heat wave right now, with temps hitting 100 degrees a couple days ago. It's 96 out right now and we're not dropping below 90 until maybe late next week.

At least the downstairs unit works. It's just as old, but it's not running on a daily basis. We've been sleeping in the guest room and spending most of the day in the game room. 

19 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

House was built in 2003 and the AC is that old. They could repair it, but it's a gamble and I'd rather not pour hundreds of dollars into a dying unit, because the leaks will keep happening and it's at the end of the lifespan anyway. We basically just threw away $250 Saturday when it quit working and they came out to try to repair the leak. We're literally in the midst of a heat wave right now, with temps hitting 100 degrees a couple days ago. It's 96 out right now and we're not dropping below 90 until maybe late next week.

At least the downstairs unit works. It's just as old, but it's not running on a daily basis. We've been sleeping in the guest room and spending most of the day in the game room. 

Bummer, I thought AC units were supposed to be good for 25-30 years. I might not have 10 years left on mine like I'm hoping then. 

Celeste

Started it because Chapter 9 just came out. I was still in the core and hadn't finished it yet. Unbeknownst to me I was in the last room of the chapter and for whatever reason it only took me a handful of tries to complete it. I had been stuck in there for days without gaining any progress. So I started on Chapter 9. I fared okay and I think I'm about 1/3 of the way through? Not sure exactly.

I ended up just starting a new save file after awhile anyways. I was getting hammered on one of the rooms and decided to take a break. Oddly enough (or maybe not) The Completionist on YT ended up doing a video on it. Just a couple minutes into this video and it brought back a bunch of fond memories of playing this game and the great soundtrack it has. So I decided to start a new file and play all over again. Going back with all of the skills I gained from my first playthrough allows me to get into a lot of more strawberry area's which makes me pretty happy. I've also completed 3/4 B-sides I've unlocked so far and I do it immediately after completing that chapter.

On 9/9/2019 at 2:33 PM, Dodger said:

Bummer, I thought AC units were supposed to be good for 25-30 years. I might not have 10 years left on mine like I'm hoping then. 

Furnaces will last that long -- AC units rarely get more than 20, frequently between 15-17 years.  In the house I just sold, my AC unit was pushing 20 -- so I may have dodged a bullet.

Playing more AC:Odyssey DLC.  What I thought was the "first DLC" was actually Episode 1 of the second DLC.  So I actually just completed Episode 2 of DLC2.  Which means that the DLC was a much better value than I thought it was.  Both of these Episodes were among the best parts of the game, mostly because they were much "tighter" experiences than the main game.  And each Episode brought a new twist in gameplay that freshened things up.  So on to Episode 3!

Unfortunately, it also means that its going to take much longer to wrap up this game than I thought it was.