Fast and Furious 9 trailer teaser

2 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I've only ever watched the first movie and that was just a couple years ago.

I'm sure I'd enjoy them well enough, I just haven't made time to sit down for them.

They’re vastly different from the 5th one on. More like action spy movies than anything else. Super exaggerated action scenes, and super fun. 

• Thanks 1

Character posters have been released.  I didn't know John Cena was going to be in this movie.  Not sure how i feel about it.  I don't dislike the guy for any reason, just seems kind of meh.  My kids just watched Wreck it Ralph 2 the other night and with Cena's character poster, I'm picturing him as a real life Ralph:lol:

https://comicbook.com/movies/2020/01/29/fast-furious-9-character-posters-vin-diesel-john-cena-new-cars/#1

FARQxJh.jpg

So this movie is now officially F9, because of course it is. So update the thread title appropriately. :p

And god, do I love this big, dumb series. Hobbs and Shaw was a fun buddy action movie but it made me miss the heart of the mainline movies. Vin Diesel brings a this unique meathead sincerity to the later films that makes them more than just another silly movie. I’m hoping F9 is a return to form.

The movies haven't been that good since Fast & Furious 6, but with Justin Lin being back I have hope. Hobbs & Shaw was fun but super dumb to the point that it felt like I was watching a kids movie (Rise of Skywalker felt the same) and I'm hoping this course corrects that. It's the first time Chris Morgan isn't solely writing one of the films (weird, but true), so not sure if that'll help or not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Wow. Why would you ruin that surprise?

definitely makes no sense, though I am definitely interested in hearing the story behind it. The trailer as a whole....they somehow managed to be break reality even more than usual...and I'll admit it...I love it! This series is the very definition of a popcorn flick. Leave your brain at the door and just enjoy the madness. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

Damn they showed way too much in that trailer. I don't really care since it just a FF movie but still. The stuff between Vin and John Cena could have been a surprise, along with that reveal near the end of the trailer. 

It really is ridiculous how many story spoilers they put into the trailer. 

14 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

Huge warning guys, there's a major spoiler in the trailer - watch at your own risk. The spoiler makes no sense but I'm certainly intrigued.

Separately, still looks way too dumb but with Lin back that actually looked pretty good! And Cena looks good - we'll see. 

I seen that spoiler coming a mile away just surprised they spoiled it in the trailer.

Do we really need to tiptoe around spoilers for a fucking Fast and Furious movie? Look, I’m probably invested in this weird soap opera with cars story more than the average person, and even I don’t really give shit about what I’m gonna find out. This is something these could have easily teased in the after credits stinger from the last movie.

It’s going to be really hard to discuss this movie while avoiding discussing something even the posters are giving away. This will be a major part of marketing for the movie.

34 minutes ago, sexy_shapiro said:

Do we really need to tiptoe around spoilers for a fucking Fast and Furious movie? Look, I’m probably invested in this weird soap opera with cars story more than the average person, and even I don’t really give shit about what I’m gonna find out. This is something these could have easily teased in the after credits stinger from the last movie.

It’s going to be really hard to discuss this movie while avoiding discussing something even the posters are giving away. This will be a major part of marketing for the movie.

I mean, I was pretty surprised when it came up in the trailer - I'm not unhappy because, yeah, it's Fast & Furious, but still, I had no idea they were spoiling it in the marketing intentionally, etc. 

On 2/1/2020 at 1:44 PM, Greatoneshere said:

I mean, I was pretty surprised when it came up in the trailer - I'm not unhappy because, yeah, it's Fast & Furious, but still, I had no idea they were spoiling it in the marketing intentionally, etc. 

The stinger at the end of Fast Five told us that Letty was returning in the next movie. For me this was surprising but not terribly shocking that they are using the return of a beloved character to get people to see the movie.

I don’t personally care that Han is in the trailer. What I do mind is that he’s in the thumbnail on YouTube, so I was spoiled before even clicking play. That would have been a nice surprise to see within the context of the trailer! Instead I saw it as a tiny image first and it was anticlimactic. Marketing has become so soulless.

23 hours ago, SFLUFAN said:

I have yet to see one of these films.

Have you seen Point Break?    Then You've seen The Fast and the Furious...in fact....The Point Break series never ended either..  Johnny Utah  is really John Wick ....he's been in deep cover the whole time working to take down the entire criminal underworld. 

That's basically the route the Fast Series went...with the first based in reality....an edgy reality..but believable....to well....defying the laws of space/time and physics so hard that if the next featured a car chase scene on the moon...it wouldn't be abnormal. 

• Like 1