~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

3 minutes ago, chakoo said:

Sucks but things are still out of control at LTC facilities. If we're lucky the government will come down hard on these places once COVID passes.  

The government is doing this also because they've offered the jobs to anyone who wants them (no training required), but of course no one is applying because why would anyone go into a place that has confirmed COVID-19 for what, $15-$20/hr?

Update on my wife:

She's feeling better!  But still not back to normal by any means.  She'll have times where breathing is very difficult, dizziness, low grade fever, etc. 

I'm on mandatory work quarantine, so I cannot return to work for 14 days after she no longer has any symptoms.  I myself have had no symptoms this entire time. 

She still isn't getting tested.  She needs to see the cardiologist, but she essentially can't unless she tests negative.  We asked the cardiologist if we can have them give us a referral to get tested, but they only give a test referral to established patients.  Since she is a new patient, they won't give her a referral.  We tried calling the urgent care clinic and asking for a referral, but they said there simply isn't enough tests in the state to give her one, as she still isn't meeting the state's requirements to get a test. 

We called the cardiologist back and they said she can come in, but if she is showing any symptoms when she shows up they'll turn her away.  

• Like 7

1 minute ago, mclumber1 said:

Update on my wife:

She's feeling better!  But still not back to normal by any means.  She'll have times where breathing is very difficult, dizziness, low grade fever, etc. 

I'm on mandatory work quarantine, so I cannot return to work for 14 days after she no longer has any symptoms.  I myself have had no symptoms this entire time. 

She still isn't getting tested.  She needs to see the cardiologist, but she essentially can't unless she tests negative.  We asked the cardiologist if we can have them give us a referral to get tested, but they only give a test referral to established patients.  Since she is a new patient, they won't give her a referral.  We tried calling the urgent care clinic and asking for a referral, but they said there simply isn't enough tests in the state to give her one, as she still isn't meeting the state's requirements to get a test. 

We called the cardiologist back and they said she can come in, but if she is showing any symptoms when she shows up they'll turn her away.  

"Oops I forgot I was in Wuhan last week"

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Jason said:

coronavirus is cover for Obummer to make 'murica SOY BOY NATION

Oh my god...we are in the Battle Tanx timeline, but in reverse.

In 2001, a virus has killed 99.99% of the females on Earth. Various countries fight over each other's quarantine zones, and end up engaging in nuclear war, destroying much of civilization. The few remaining females (called Queenlords) are held by gangs who have taken over small pieces of the world. The main character, Griffin Spade, had his fiancée Madison taken away from Queens, New York by the U.S. government. Griffin ends up separated from his fiancée, and New York City is destroyed. He claims a tank for his own and sets out to cross the United States to find her

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

"Oops I forgot I was in Wuhan last week"

You joke but a few people have done that to lie and get tested sooner (either say they recently traveled or that they were in direct contact with someone who traveled from that region). We've also had the inverse in canada where people coming back hid and claimed they had no symptons so they could board a flight while actually having symptoms the day of their flight. -.-

10 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Sliders is the reference you're looking for. 

In a world where the vast majority of men have succumbed to a deadly virus, the male Sliders find themselves arrested and put into service as breeders at a re-population center.

https://sliders.fandom.com/wiki/Love_Gods

3 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I’m really curious to see what extent this is echoed by others in the industry. I don’t doubt that Tyson might now lack the manpower needed to make a family-sized pack of dinosaur chicken nuggets, but when people think of ‘meat supply’ do they think of that, or meat that is simply butchered and packaged? The impact of their respective absences would be quite different. 

1 minute ago, Chris- said:

I’m really curious to see what extent this is echoed by others in the industry. I don’t doubt that Tyson might now lack the manpower needed to make a family-sized pack of dinosaur chicken nuggets, but when people think of ‘meat supply’ do they think of that, or meat that is simply butchered and packaged? The impact of their respective absences would be quite different. 

Tyson does both of those

Just now, Boyle5150 said:

Tyson does both of those

I know they do both, but I would still question if the impact on them amounts to the supply chain ‘breaking’ (even if, as I suspect, their butchering/packaging operation is quite large). 

3 minutes ago, Chris- said:

I know they do both, but I would still question if the impact on them amounts to the supply chain ‘breaking’ (even if, as I suspect, their butchering/packaging operation is quite large). 

Aren't they responsible for something like 25% of chicken in the US?  That's a pretty big portion of dominoes beginning to fall. 

7 minutes ago, Chris- said:

What comes to mind for me when you say "meat supply" is chicken breasts, and other pre-butchered whole cuts, at most ground beef, but not processed food...but I admit I may be an outlier in the US on this issue.

48 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

If we ever get a classic N64 I think BattleTanx 2 should be on it. It was a staple of my middle school Friday afternoon MP gaming sessions. 

Edit: was thinking how I want a sequel but Warthunder and WOT exist so it's not really needed. 

Isn't processed food more efficient that whole cuts of meat?  You can make more of the animal into edible food if you process it into hamburgers and chicken nuggets compared to steaks and chicken breasts.  

If so, we shouldn't be trying to go away from processed food.  We should be embracing it more. 

3 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Isn't processed food more efficient that whole cuts of meat?  You can make more of the animal into edible food if you process it into hamburgers and chicken nuggets compared to steaks and chicken breasts.  

If so, we shouldn't be trying to go away from processed food.  We should be embracing it more. 

By adding fillers and things like breading to the processed meat it can be "stretched" but that really only benefits Tyson. 

1 hour ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Sounds about right. We have struggled to maintain ready to cook meat in stock. Our frozen section has been wiped out the entire time. Then there are weird things, like yeast, that we can't keep on the shelf. I guess bored people like to make bread?