Shep Smith resigns from Fox News

14 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

Did Shephard Smith actually have bad ratings or is that some insult Trump likes to throw around?

6 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

The latter is true regardless of the former.

Wasn't there a story that Trump changes the channel when Shep comes on?

1 hour ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

I still can't get over those bigass screens in the background of his show. How many years have those useless things and people behind him been there now?

Aren't those walls of screens usually just green screens?

Last I checked, Shep's ratings were around the same as other Fox shows at the time.

Trump makes up the 'bad ratings' thing. EX: he says CNN has bad ratings, but you take a normal day, like last Friday, and Tapper beat Fox and MSNBC during his time slot.

Cable news is significantly more competitive now. Maddow was the most-watched news (on cable, broadcast news continuously gets the best ratings and always have) on Wednesday. CNN can be first or second in time slots, and CNN/MSNBC programs routinely win the prized 25-54 demo in their time slot or for the day (even if total viewers are lower).

Along with everything else he says, he's lying. Just know that if was conscious when he said it, it's likely untrue.

1 hour ago, MarSolo said:

Word going around is that there was a lot of tension between him and Tucker Carlson.

Word? They've been having an open Twitter battle for awhile now.

2 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Depends on the state. 

They should be largely illegal outside of executive and sales jobs. Or you should be compensated by your old employer for the time you can't work.

Oh often times that's part of a severance package... I'm sure Shep left with a decent amount of money for him to not compete. He was allegedly getting 15 mill a year. Don't know what that mount to in a buyout of his contract. I'm sure they negotiated something.

21 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Word? They've been having an open Twitter battle for awhile now.

Oh often times that's part of a severance package... I'm sure Shep left with a decent amount of money for him to not compete. He was allegedly getting 15 mill a year. Don't know what that mount to in a buyout of his contract. I'm sure they negotiated something.

Non competes are also being used on people working at Jimmy John's and such, which is really a big problem

53 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I mean, I linked an article discussing it.

Yeah it was more of an incredulous response to how absurd the notion of a non-compete clause at a low paying fast food restaurant... I read the article and still had that reaction. 

54 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

Why would you do that to your stomach?

They're not particularly good but better fast food than McDonalds. I prefer Jersey Mike's but they are a little further away.