~*The Second Annual D1P Backlaugust!*~

Brick

We did this last year for the first time, and I'm bringing it back! We do this every year over at Negative World, so we should make this an annual thing here too! Last year was fun, but hopefully we can get more people involved this year and clear out more games from our collective backlogs during the month of August, hence Backlaugust!

The rules are simple:

- tell us what you're playing, and on what system so we can cheer each other on, and help each other out if we have any tips

- play a game from your backlog, either a game that's been sitting in your library for a long time that you've decided to finally play and finish, or a game you started long ago, but for whatever reason stopped playing and have been meaning to get back to and finish

- don't use a game that is new, or a game that you're already currently playing, pick a game from your actual backlog

- pick a game that you already own

- when a game is actually "finished" is up to you. Whether that be completing the main story, getting 100% completion rating, getting all Achievements/Trophies, or just whenever you feel "done" with a game

- post when you're finished, and all the games that have been finished will be added to this OP

All right, let's get started, and have some fun getting some of our backlogs done! Let's see how many games we can complete!

Last year we completed 8 games, but I think we can easily beat that if more people participate this year!

THE FINISHED PILE

1. Quantum Break (Xbox One) - ShreddieMercuryRising

2. Doom (Xbox One) - Dodger 

3. Resident Evil 2 Remake (PC) - Nokt

4. Ori and the Blind Forest (Xbox One) - ShreddieMercuryRising 

5. Nier Automata (Playstation 4) - best3444 

6. What Remains of Edith Finch (Playstation 4) - Brick

7. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (Nintendo 3DS) - TheLeon

8. Hitman 2 (Xbox One) - skillzdadirecta

9. Celeste (Nintendo Switch) - crispy4000

10. Spider-Man (Playstation 4) - skillzdadirecta 

11. God of War: Chains of Olympus (Playstation 3) - Brick 

12. Days Gone (Playstation 4) - crispy4000

13. God of War: Ghost of Sparta (Playstation 3) - Brick 

14. Assassin's Creed Odyssey (Xbox One) - XxEvil AshxX

15. Horizon Zero Dawn (Playstation 4) - best3444

16. The Darkness 2 (Xbox One) - ShreddieMercuryRising

17. Vampyr (PC) - RedSoxFan9

18. Gone Home (Xbox One) - RedSoxFan9

19. Ace Combat 7 (PC) - AbsolutSurgen

20. Fire Emblem Awakening (Nintendo 3DS) - jaethos

21. God of War (PS4) - cusideabelincoln

14 minutes ago, Nokt said:

Does RE2make count? I bought it on release and played it for week and straight and stopped up until now. Then I saw this post and decided to finish it. Turns out I was less than 20 minutes from finishing Claire’s story.

Sounds like we have our first completed game! Haha! So you literally picked it back up and finished it after seeing this thread without even realizing you were that close to completion? That's pretty funny. What platform did you play on?

2 hours ago, Brick said:

Sounds like we have our first completed game! Haha! So you literally picked it back up and finished it after seeing this thread without even realizing you were that close to completion? That's pretty funny. What platform did you play on?

I played it on PC. I have a string of games on my desktop that I probably haven’t touched since I initially installed it. RE2 was the oldest one. So after I saw this I said “I’ve got to be close to the end, I’ll play it till I leave for my flight.” Literally played like 12 minutes and beat Claire’s story and started laughing because I had no idea I was so close. 

I’ve never beaten a RE game, RE4 was probably the closest one I’ve gotten to beating (about halfway) so I have no idea on length of the games. I might start Leon’s story when I get back home.

33 minutes ago, Nokt said:

I played it on PC. I have a string of games on my desktop that I probably haven’t touched since I initially installed it. RE2 was the oldest one. So after I saw this I said “I’ve got to be close to the end, I’ll play it till I leave for my flight.” Literally played like 12 minutes and beat Claire’s story and started laughing because I had no idea I was so close. 

I’ve never beaten a RE game, RE4 was probably the closest one I’ve gotten to beating (about halfway) so I have no idea on length of the games. I might start Leon’s story when I get back home.

That's hilarious. Congrats! Would you like me to add you to the finished pile, or wait until you finish Leon's story as well? 

15 minutes ago, Brick said:

That's hilarious. Congrats! Would you like me to add you to the finished pile, or wait until you finish Leon's story as well? 

You can add it, I doubt I’ll finish Leon’s story. I’ll probably do the same thing and beat it months down the road or next year when we do this again 

2 hours ago, Nokt said:

I started it, got to Mr. X, got stressed and stopped for the night lol. We will see how it goes

See, there ya go! As extra incentive I won't add you to the list until you've beaten it! C'mon, you know you want to be added, Nokt. 

On 8/7/2019 at 4:41 PM, Nokt said:

Its done. Claire A, Leon B.

See! I knew you could do it! 

4 hours ago, ShreddieMercuryRising said:

I finished Ori and the Blind Forest last night.  It's a magnificent game.

Congrats. I should also play that game at some point. 

Got around to playing some Days Gone once again.  It was as easy to pick back up as riding a bike.  CoordinatedAjarArizonaalligatorlizard-si

Glad I split the game into two parts for my playthrough.  It's perfect comfort food with all the upgrades I have at this point.
... Today I saw an enemy camp invaded by zombies, who then were invaded by cougars and bears.  It was glorious.

Also noticed the game is running much better these days.  In the final area(s), I've hardly ever noticed a hitch.