Nintendo Switch Lite is a smaller, cheaper Switch built exclusively for handheld play ($199)

SaysWho?

Give me now, please !!

(I really don’t like the size of my switch and never dock it, HD rumble is ass, and joycons are a rip-off).

-edit-

not sure if I should buy now or wait for an eventual LE I’ll want more. I already like the light grey of the Pokémon unit sans the duel color buttons. Animal Crossing is so getting an LE.

Pros:

$200

D-pad

lighter and sturdier

Cons:

No boost mode to provide dock performance

Hideous colors

A great model for those who waited. I don’t think it is enough for me to buy another, but I could see this being the de facto kid model due to it being sturdier, lighter and no joy cons to break or lose. 

Edit: Is it currently possible to have one account synced to two Switches?

You couldn't pay me to take one of those. Maybe at the $100 price point. But for only $50 less, and you lose so much functionality? If someone wants to throw away $200, I'll happily take it off your hands (the money, not the whateverthisis Lite). 

Also doesn't look like there's a kickstand built in. 

And fuck playing a majority of Switch games with the joy cons. If I had to play BotW in its entirety using the joy cons, I never would have completed the game. 

Sadly, because it's Nintendo, people will eat these up, even though it's a significantly gimped version that is way overpriced. 

14 minutes ago, Emblazon said:

You couldn't pay me to take one of those. Maybe at the $100 price point. But for only $50 less, and you lose so much functionality? If someone wants to throw away $200, I'll happily take it off your hands (the money, not the whateverthisis Lite). 

And fuck playing a majority of Switch games with the joy cons. If I had to play BotW in its entirety using the joy cons, I never would have completed the game. 

Sadly, because it's Nintendo, people will eat these up, even though it's a significantly gimped version that is way overpriced. 

All this ^ and a bag of chips 

23 minutes ago, Emblazon said:

Its $100 less, and of course you don’t play it with a pro controller, it’s a portable system.

I do think they should have named it something like Switch Portable, so they could keep the brand name but make it a little more obvious that the “switch” function is not present. Though it still has a usb c port at the bottom, so I could see in the future them releasing a switch lite dock add-on depending on sales. 

One thing I noticed is that while the listed battery life of 3-7 hours vs 2.5-6.5 hours seems small, it seems more significant when you look at their BOTW example which is 4 hours vs 3 hours, that is a notable improvement.

Also that turquoise color is what I’d get.

27 minutes ago, stepee said:

Also I will probably end up getting one of these as a take with me switch, I just want to see one in person to see the size difference/how it feels etc.

The article mentioned that the size will be similar to the OG Switch with one joy con removed. 

1 minute ago, sblfilms said:

“Something not made for my uses? Stupid garbage, only idiots would buy it!!1!!” - D1P, every time any product is announced.

It's a bad, overpriced product. We're sorry if being objective hurts your feelers. 

1 minute ago, stepee said:

That seems impossible. Even if you went cart only, too many games make you download part of them.

I'm surprised they have a page up without full specs. The official page also states there is no table-top mode, which insinuates you can't connect controllers to the system. 

6 minutes ago, stepee said:

That only gives you length tho, not the height and thickness.

In terms of specs, the Nintendo Switch Lite weighs 20 grams less than the regular Switch and boasts a 5.5inch LCD screen compared to a 6.2inch display on the current Switch.

The regular Switch dimensions, with Joy-Cons attached, is 102mm x 239mm x 13.9mm.

Whereas the Switch Lite is 91.1mm x 208mm x 13.9mm.

Link

1 minute ago, Emblazon said:

I'm surprised they have a page up without full specs. The official page also states there is no table-top mode, which insinuates you can't connect controllers to the system. 

The video shows joycons connecting to the Lite to play games like 1 2 3 Switch. I assume those same controllers could be use for coop since the OG Switch can have up to 4 controllers sync. 

1 minute ago, stepee said:

I mean yeah, I saw that, but with portables it’s hard to tell until you see it in person. It’s not a big deal lol.

Buy a ruler. Or ask Home Depot to cut a piece of wood in similar dimensions and weight. 

2 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Buy a ruler. Or ask Home Depot to cut a piece of wood in similar dimensions and weight. 

I have a ruler, that’s how I know that it’s going to be exactly 9.7 inches going up your tight little rosy red asshole.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Emblazon said:

It's a bad, overpriced product. We're sorry if being objective hurts your feelers. 

It’s a great product for kids, you aren’t a kid, so you don’t like it. It doesn’t hurt my feelings, it just amuses me how ignorant people are of the wants and needs of others.