Mission: Impossible - Fallout Reviews and Tomatometer Watch

37 minutes ago, Pikachu said:

Got my tickets booked for tomorrow at 10 pm. Tomatoemeter has risen to 98% which makes it the highest scoring film in the franchise. Avg rating of 8.4/10 is also the highest rating for the franchise.

Awesome. I can't remember the last time I was this amped for a movie that wasn't Star Wars related.

Watched it this morning. It’s really good. Chris McQ is the real deal, and I’m totally down with him getting the Man of Steel 2 job if it really is offered to him.

32 minutes ago, NeoJoe said:

These MI movies are my Summertime guilty pleasures which I love and always come out on around my birthday. AND Henry Cavill? Oh hell yeah. 

I dont think you have to feel guilty about enjoying a Tom Cruise action movies. He's a weird dude, but he rarely makes a bad film. (I used to say never, but the Mummy...whew)

4 minutes ago, ort said:

I've never seen a single second from any of these movies.

Apparently they're actually enjoyable... who knew...

Think I could go into this blind and enjoy it? How kid friendly are these movies?

I don't think you need to watch any of the previous movies to enjoy it. There are few plot points that interconnect from the more recent films (MI3 to MI5), but not on a level like the MCU. As for kids, I guess it depends on your tolerance for them watching violence. I probably wouldn't take a kid younger than 10.

3 hours ago, ort said:

I've never seen a single second from any of these movies.

Apparently they're actually enjoyable... who knew...

Think I could go into this blind and enjoy it? How kid friendly are these movies?

I haven't seen this yet, but from a review I just read this is the first movie in the series that really is more of a sequel.  Most of the other movies were not as connected - so it may benefit you to watch Rouge Nation first.  

These movies have typical action movie violence.  Not much language.  No nudity that I can remember.  However this movie is 2 1/2 hours long.  That would give me pause taking my kids.  They might get bored... and depending on age may not understand the several plot twists that are always there in this series.  

10 hours ago, bladimir2k said:

Wife and I are ready for that arm gun reload move... just bought tickets!

giphy.gif

I friggin love that scene from the trailer. Can't wait! Speaking of, the trailer is one of the best action movie trailers I've seen in a long time. So hyped!

10 hours ago, Wild said:

I dont think you have to feel guilty about enjoying a Tom Cruise action movies. He's a weird dude, but he rarely makes a bad film. (I used to say never, but the Mummy...whew)

:twothumbsup:

Watched in IMAX last night and WOW!!! Totally blown away. Palms were sweaty during both the motorcycle chase sequence and the chopper chase, just absolutely batshit insanity knowing it's Tom doing all this! Henry Cavill, sir I think I do think this may be one of your best roles, so kudos to you! The way the story was told and all the payoffs. Also, anyone else notice who the blonde woman "White Widow" is in the MI-verse!? Fun little nod!

The pace and rhythm of this movie, highlighted by the underlying soundtrack, is absolutely fantastic.  It reminded me of Mad Max: Fury Road.  The stuntwork is ridiculous.  The grittiness and weight of the fighting scenes are visceral.  The final set piece is an amazing culmination of a 2+ hour ride.  The humor, for the most part, is on point.  And the story/characters have more depth than the usual action movie.

Overall, I loved it.  I plan on watching it a few more times in the theater.

• Like 1

So good. You don't stop having fun for even a minute. Great storytelling too because I actually haven't even seen Rogue Nation and this one carries over several plot points from that movie and I was never lost. Not that pew pew zoom zoom movies ever are too complicated or deep but still. I appreciated it.

My wife is moist for Tom Cruise, and I'm moist for Henry Cavill so it was a pretty done deal we were going to see it..

it was god damned amazing, the fight scenes were some of the best I've seen.

And I had not looked into it before hand but I was joking to myself in my own head after the endless obnoxious lens flares during the opening like "was JJ Abrams involved in this?" and then once the opening credits rolled up I saw his name and was like...shit... and it's the only complaint I have about the movie is that he took the constant jokes about how much he uses Lens Flare and pulled a "Hold my Beer"...

'Mission: Impossible - Fallout' Debuts With Franchise Best, $61.5M Opening

With an estimated $61.5 million, Paramount's Mission: Impossible - Fallout fell a bit shy of Mojo's pre-weekend expectations, but still managed to deliver the franchise's largest three-day opening, topping the $57.8 million opening for Mission: Impossible II back in 2000. The opening also represents the second largest debut for Tom Cruise after the $64.8 million debut for War of the Worlds in 2005 and for Paramount this is the studio's largest opening since 2014's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles ($65.5m). Given the film's position as the last major blockbuster of summer 2018 and the positive reaction from both audiences and critics, Fallout should exhibit strong legs looking ahead.