Trump says he would take information from foreign governments to win election, would not report it to FBI

7 minutes ago, chakoo said:

Random reporter: I bet you are incapable of self impeachment!

Trump: Hold my Whopper

Congress: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Excuse me sir how DARE you accuse GEOTUS of Treason? Trump is a Big Mac man, he would never eat at Burger King because in AMERICA we don't recognize Royal Titles!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

This is fucking unreal. And fuck the Dems for letting this go. 

Fuck the Dems? What about the Republicans?! The Dems could vote to impeach him tomorrow and guess what would happen? Nothing. The Republicans would never cross the aisle and do what's right for the country. 

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Fuck the Dems? What about the Republicans?! The Dems could vote to impeach him tomorrow and guess what would happen? Nothing. The Republicans would never cross the aisle and do what's right for the country. 

Initiating the impeachment process greatly strengthens their position. And there wasn't majority support for impeaching Nixon until the process started. 

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Initiating the impeachment process greatly strengthens their position. And there wasn't majority support for impeaching Nixon until the process started. 

So wait... you guys really think that if the Dems initiate impeachment proceedings in the House, THIS Republican Senate would go against Trump and join the Dems? Really?!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

So wait... you guys really think that if the Dems initiate impeachment proceedings, THIS Republican Congress would go against Trump and join the Dems? Really?!

I don't really think this Senate will vote to convict,  but I do think that not initiating impeachment is a great way to disillusion Democrats and independents into staying home in 2020, while impeaching WOULD fire up turnout. 

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

I don't really think this Senate will vote to convict,  but I do think that not initiating impeachment is a great way to disillusion Democrats and independents into staying home in 2020, while impeaching WOULD fire up turnout. 

Yeah... on HIS side too. I'm all for impeaching the fucker but not if all it's gonna do is get him reelected. The Republicans suffered DEARLY for impeaching Clinton and the Dems are weary of that. And by the way, NOT ONE REPUBLICAN has spoken out against what Trump has said tonight. Not ONE.

Oh and if Dems and Independents stay home and this fucker gets reelected for ANY reason, then it's on US. The electorate. Either that or folks are no where near as outraged by this President as they may pretend to be. All the reason to vote him out of office are there.

20 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Yes, fuck the Dems. We already know the shitty Republicans aren't going to do a thing. 

18 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Yeah... on HIS side too. I'm all for impeaching the fucker but not if all it's gonna do is get him reelected. The Republicans suffered DEARLY for impeaching Clinton and the Dems are weary of that. And by the way, NOT ONE REPUBLICAN has spoken out against what Trump has said tonight. Not ONE.

Oh and if Dems and Independents stay home and this fucker gets reelected for ANY reason, then it's on US. The electorate. Either that or folks are no where near as outraged by this President as they may pretend to be. All the reason to vote him out of office are there.

Trump's base is showing up no matter what. Firing up anti-Trump voters is far more important than worrying about firing up Trump's voters. "Don't campaign in Wisconsin so that Trump doesn't campaign there" didn't work for Hillary in 2016 and I didn't front see why it'd work for the Democrats this time either. 

Just now, Jason said:

Trump's base is showing up no matter what. Firing up anti-Trump voters is far more important than worrying about firing up Trump's voters. "Don't campaign in Wisconsin so that Trump doesn't campaign there" didn't work for Hillary in 2016 and I didn't front see why it'd work for the Democrats this time either. 

That's not what Im saying and if anti Trump supporters aren't fired up now, then nothing is going to fire them up.

That's not what Im saying and if anti Trump supporters aren't fired up now, then nothing is going to fire them up.

You've got a lot of independents who aren't paying enough attention to understand why they should be fired up, but would get it with the news cycle being dominated by impeachment coverage forcing them to pay attention. 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

You've got a lot of independents who aren't paying enough attention to understand why they should be fired up, but would get it with the news cycle being dominated by impeachment coverage forcing them to pay attention. 

So they haven't been paying attention to the last two years? Even if they're "Anti-Trump"? The news cycle is dominated by Trump almost every night.

So they haven't been paying attention to the last two years? Even if they're "Anti-Trump"? The news cycle is dominated by Trump almost every night.

You're assuming that they pay attention every day like we do, and understand this in terms of one big interconnected story, and not individual news snippets. 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

You're assuming that they pay attention every day like we do, and understand this in terms of one big interconnected story, and not individual news snippets. 

And YOU'RE assuming that the electorate still doesn't know that Trump is a shitty human being. I think for the most part they do and they just don't give a shit because that's where we are as a country :shrug:

58 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

The Republicans suffered DEARLY for impeaching Clinton and the Dems are weary of that.

I don’t think this is accurate. It sounds plausible, but I don’t believe it is actually backed up in the way the voting turned out in 2000.

5 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I don’t think this is accurate. It sounds plausible, but I don’t believe it is actually backed up in the way the voting turned out in 2000.

It sure didn't hurt with the old judges in robes contingent. 

11 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2019/06/did-clintons-impeachment-actually-hurt-republicans/591175/

Republicans didn't pay much of a price at all. It's "conventional wisdom" that it hurt the GOP, but nothing really supports that.

16 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2019/06/did-clintons-impeachment-actually-hurt-republicans/591175/

Republicans didn't pay much of a price at all. It's "conventional wisdom" that it hurt the GOP, but nothing really supports that.

They lost the Senate, which as we're seeing now is probably more important than the fact that they kept the House. And Gorge would have won if SCOTUS hadn't stolen the presidency for Bush--you know they knew they were stealing it when they twisted themselves in knots about "this ruling isn't precedent for future identical circumstances".

That said I agree with the overall point that the failed impeachment certainly didn't DEVASTATE them and that they were still largely viable.