Animal Crossing: New Horizons (20 March 2020) OT - Island Getaway

3 hours ago, JPDunks4 said:

Efficiently?

You get nook miles points for doing nook miles + tasks, they always give you a new one as you finish an old one.

So to play efficiently I don’t participate in a task unless the NM+ task comes up first.

NM+ task for selling a hot item, I won’t sell the item till I get the task

NM+ task for selling 5k bells worth of items, this stacks so I wait for other selling tasks like sell 10 shells, hot item, fruit or weeds.

I won’t chop wood till I get a task

I think you get the idea.

3 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

You get nook miles points for doing nook miles + tasks, they always give you a new one as you finish an old one.

So to play efficiently I don’t participate in a task unless the NM+ task comes up first.

NM+ task for selling a hot item, I won’t sell the item till I get the task

NM+ task for selling 5k bells worth of items, this stacks so I wait for other selling tasks like sell 10 shells, hot item, fruit or weeds.

I won’t chop wood till I get a task

I think you get the idea.

So you only do things for Nook Miles?  Nook Miles have been largely irrelevant for me for awhile now.  I've had 30k+ pretty much since the beginning, even going on a lot of Island Adventures.

I try to just efficiently get money the easiest way, as that is still the number one thing I need, for adding bridges, ramps, and paying off this final 2.5 million loan.

1 hour ago, Bjomesphat said:

Anyone on the West coast able to open their island? I missed turnips this morning and she's only there until noon. 

I didn't remember to do turnips until 12:15 PM today. I just set my time zone back an hour, bought some turnips, and then set it back to my real time zone. Looks like the turnips didn't rot or anything as a result.

On 4/1/2020 at 1:34 PM, Ghost_MH said:

It's ALL underground and takes up the entirety of your island. There actually isn't an island anymore. It's all just museum roof.

Not true, I just did the first house expansion and apparently your house is also a TARDIS. :lol:

52 minutes ago, Jason said:

I didn't remember to do turnips until 12:15 PM today. I just set my time zone back an hour, bought some turnips, and then set it back to my real time zone. Looks like the turnips didn't rot or anything as a result.

Yeah I thought about time traveling, but I want to stay pure with Animal Crossing. If I miss out on something, there's always next week (or next year depending on what it is :p)

19 minutes ago, Bjomesphat said:

Yeah I thought about time traveling, but I want to stay pure with Animal Crossing. If I miss out on something, there's always next week (or next year depending on what it is :p)

I don't plan on making a habit of it, but it was pretty frustrating to miss it by 15 minutes the first week I was able to do it.

5 hours ago, JPDunks4 said:

So you only do things for Nook Miles?  Nook Miles have been largely irrelevant for me for awhile now.  I've had 30k+ pretty much since the beginning, even going on a lot of Island Adventures.

I try to just efficiently get money the easiest way, as that is still the number one thing I need, for adding bridges, ramps, and paying off this final 2.5 million loan.

No I don't only do things for Nook Miles. I do things in concurrence with Nook Miles.

2 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

Looks like Nintendo just released an update that lowers the egg spawn rate across the board.

Now I've had two eggs disappear after falling on weeds. :lol: One I shot off a balloon, and another I shook off a tree. Has that always been a thing?

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

Now I've had two eggs disappear after falling on weeds. :lol: One I shot off a balloon, and another I shook off a tree. Has that always been a thing?

Yes, it has. Balloons, fruit, wood, and rocks can all disappear if they hit weeds or there just isn't a clear chunk of land to fall on.

1 minute ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I dunno. I went hunting for fossils and got 4 earth eggs in a row. :|

I don't think Nintendo changed the spawn rate on sky eggs or earth eggs. There are still always 4 fossils available in your village every day, there's just an additional four or five earth eggs along with them. Those eggs didn't bother me at all. Same with Nook Miles islands. If there's one fossil on that island, there will also be a few earth eggs. Same with sky eggs. You still get two or three balloons a day with regular DIY recipes in them, but you still get an additional four or five bunny balloons. At least those balloons are easy to spot since they're all rainbow.

The only eggs that really bothered me are the eggs you get that take away from some other thing you were hoping for. That would be water eggs, wood eggs, and stone eggs. Sky eggs, leaf eggs, and earth eggs are no big deal since they don't reduce the amount of fossils, fruit, or regular balloons you get.

I do still miss digging up gyroids, though.

8 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

They don't bother you but they bother me, especially when I get 4 in a row. Thanks!

I get that. In the end, I still get my four fossils a day, so I'm OK with it. The other eggs were really messing with me because I could throw my line in to catch 20 fish and only end up with 5. I could hit a rock hoping to get iron or clay or stone and wind up with half eggs. That one is even more upsetting because it's not like the minerals from stones respawn ten seconds later.

what improvements would you like to see?

I'd love to have access to my storage unit when crafting..also like to be able to craft multiples at once

speaking of multiples...I'd like to be able to purchase multiple items at once in the dressing room. I know you can buy one of each article, but I'd love to be able to click like 5 shirts and not have to buy one at a time and reenter the dressing room each time.

swimming! Why would they take away features from previous games? 

Who are your villagers?

Shari.  monkey.... i wanted Agnes the Pig tbh

Erik. Lazy buck

Tammi. creepy monkey

Chief.  lame ascot wearing wolf

Alfonso. lazy boring alligator

Tank. roided rhino

Klaus. julius caesar bear, wears a toga in NH

Lily.  lame frog

Leonardo. badass tiger, listens to KK Metal

dropped Snooty the Anteater for Buzz the Eagle..only villager im allowing myself to bring in with amiibo card

apparently initial villagers all have generic furniture to start with and wont upgrade even if u give them stuff..