Animal Crossing: New Horizons (20 March 2020) OT - Island Getaway

2 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Tons of shit to do today.

Museum is complete, so I made a ton of donations. The new museum looks great, too. Larger than before.

Bridge in construction.

I'm building 3 new houses for people to move into. The crafting really comes in play here and I like it.

Got a ladder, so I can finally have access to the entire island.

New shop is open.

Got the second upgrade on my house complete and partially paid for.

this will be my tomorrow..

gradually everyones island will become unique... too bad most of my potential villagers are hideous mutants.. Sheri (shudders)

I haven't had much time to play. Finally getting the new house in the morning and have a huge collection of tanks surrounding my tent. I have a feeling that collection of tanks is going to keep growing until the museum is built.

I chose the map with a small island in the middle, so now I'm locked away from the rest of the island until I can build bridges. I actually kind of like that.

5 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

I haven't had much time to play. Finally getting the new house in the morning and have a huge collection of tanks surrounding my tent. I have a feeling that collection of tanks is going to keep growing until the museum is built.

I chose the map with a small island in the middle, so now I'm locked away from the rest of the island until I can build bridges. I actually kind of like that.

didnt u get the pole from blathers? u should be pole vaulting to your hearts content right now

On 3/22/2020 at 11:28 AM, stepee said:

This was pretty much my day too, except I was only left with 10k after paying off my house. :(

None of the islands I visited seemed to be good for loot that would get me bells. Overall a productive day tho!

Are you visiting random islands? If so, how do I do that?

Can someone ELI5 what this game is about? I tried to watch some streams on twitch today and everyone i checked out was just someone wandering around a small island catching fish and digging holes and planting flowers. Is this like a stardew valley?

I then saw the switch subreddit is in an uproar bc the console is locked to a single island. And only the 1st profile gets progression and new profiles can only visit the one island, even if you buy another copy of the game. 

9 hours ago, atom631 said:

Can someone ELI5 what this game is about? I tried to watch some streams on twitch today and everyone i checked out was just someone wandering around a small island catching fish and digging holes and planting flowers. Is this like a stardew valley?

On 2/21/2020 at 11:35 AM, Keyser_Soze said:

Collecting stuff, decorating stuff, fishing, visiting neighbors, upgrading your house. Seeing your friend's house.

18 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Gotta say, this tool durability thing is probably the worst thing to happen to the series.

Yeah, I was really hoping the durability issue was only for the flimsy tools. If there aren't some infinity durable tools to acquire in the future, I'll be very disappointed.

Has anyone else been painfully disappointed by the Nook Miles trips? My girlfriend and I have probably gone on three dozen trips between us, and almost nothing has been unique...We got one island with a new fruit, another with unlimited tarantulas (big money), and I think she might have caught a new fish or two, but other than that they've all been the same. I realize they won't all be that different, but still, it's been so bad that I kind of don't look forward to going on them anymore. 

2 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Has anyone else been painfully disappointed by the Nook Miles trips? My girlfriend and I have probably gone on three dozen trips between us, and almost nothing has been unique...We got one island with a new fruit, another with unlimited tarantulas (big money), and I think she might have caught a new fish or two, but other than that they've all been the same. I realize they won't all be that different, but still, it's been so bad that I kind of don't look forward to going on them anymore. 

indeed they are less than impressive

11 minutes ago, Chris- said:

They are useful to me to get a lot more ore. 

My wife's been loving this game but she was confused when she saw an article talking about the game getting low scores.

Turns out gamers have been review bombing this because it only allows you one island per console, and no other users can play it. I've never played this series, so I have no idea if that was even an option in the past, but on the surface it sounds really entitled.