Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty (PC/PS5/Xbox Series) - Information Thread, update: Update 2.1 "Overview" trailer and patch notes

legend

6 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Awesome. So the game looks phenomenal with not too many bugs on higher end machines then. Not bad.

I LOVE RUNNING TOWARDS AN ENEMY AND JUMPING ON A CAR THEN JUMPING OFF AND SLICING THEIR HEADS OFF WIRH A SWORD ATTACK

17 minutes ago, stepee said:

Its rad as shit but I keep getting all these super high powered knives and less so katanas, I want more katanas. Why would I want to run around stabbing people with a regular knife.

I'm going to look up vids of sword play in this game. 

1 hour ago, stepee said:

Its rad as shit but I keep getting all these super high powered knives and less so katanas, I want more katanas. Why would I want to run around stabbing people with a regular knife.

There's a pretty powerful Katana you can get very early in the game. It's right next to a quest giver after you complete a side mission. I'll give this game another chance once the release the next gen versions but to be honest, even without the glitches I thought the game was underwhelming :shrug:

12 minutes ago, stepee said:

man, at that point I would just play it at 16:9 at normal res and have borders I guess or whatever so you could play at a decent fps. If it was 40fps even locked that actually works ok with this game, but 35-42 sounds rough.

Downgraded to High and its about the same. 35 at the low but 47 is the max. I don't see much of a difference so I can play it as is the drops aren't really noticeable. Worse comes to worse I can always wait for RDNA3.

Mannnn, so Im about to beat Act2, on the last mission of it, so question about this point please don’t spoil too much:

So apparently this is going to be the point of no return after this mission? Or I’m going to hit it on this mission. Wondering how much side stuff to do, how long is Act3 roughly? Normally point of no return I expect to be really close to the credits but this seems to have like another act and stuff? Anyway I guess I’m just wondering if it’s another 10-15 or if it’s more like another 2-5.

Also holy FUCK this new japantown or whatever

parade with the holographic fish

, this whole area, and it’s so densely packed, fucking crazy looking.

lol if I turn off dlss this area runs at 4fps (it’s mostly low 60s with drops to mid 50’s normally, Im running it all maxed with dlss ultra performance with the seige dlss injected). There’s still some flicker on some lights that isn’t quite right, but you kinda have to look for them and don’t notice them when moving, so I’ll take that 15x performance gain!

On 8/7/2021 at 7:06 PM, stepee said:

The swords are cool, but it's all about those mantis blades!

9 hours ago, stepee said:

Mannnn, so Im about to beat Act2, on the last mission of it, so question about this point please don’t spoil too much:

Hide contents

So apparently this is going to be the point of no return after this mission? Or I’m going to hit it on this mission. Wondering how much side stuff to do, how long is Act3 roughly? Normally point of no return I expect to be really close to the credits but this seems to have like another act and stuff? Anyway I guess I’m just wondering if it’s another 10-15 or if it’s more like another 2-5.

Also holy FUCK this new japantown or whatever

Hide contents

parade with the holographic fish

, this whole area, and it’s so densely packed, fucking crazy looking.

Point of no return is pretty linear and directed to the end. When you finish the game, it takes you back to just before PoNR to continue. So you can do more afterwards, but if you want to do things before the end, you should do them now.

I'm just glad people are actually playing the game now! I really enjoyed it, most talk about it has been about representation issues or console performance, so the vibe has been "this game sucks because..." and most of the hits against it haven't been about game play or the story. Now keep in mind, if the game ran like crap for you or you were personally offended by the game, then I can see how you would be turned off all together, but I had neither of those issues and enjoyed some of the story beats a lot! Worthy of being called better than the Witcher? No, hardly, but an engrossing game awaits past its technical and social flaws!  

3 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

I'm just glad people are actually playing the game now! I really enjoyed it, it most talk about it has been about representation issues or console performance, so the vibe has been "this game sucks because..." and most of the hits against it haven't been about game play or the story. Now keep in mind, if the game ran like crap for you or you were personally offended by the game, then I can see how you would be turned off all together, but I had neither of those issues and enjoyed some of the story beats a lot! Worth of being called better than the Witcher? No, hardly, but an engrossing game awaits past its technical and social flaws!  

I’d actually be hard pressed to call Witcher actually more FUN to play than Cyberpunk! 

14 minutes ago, stepee said:

I’d actually be hard pressed to call Witcher actually more FUN to play than Cyberpunk! 

I tend to prefer fantasy to sci-fi settings so the Witcher is pulls on my childhood a bit more, but you're right, Cyber has the better combat and play loop. 

8 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

I'm just glad people are actually playing the game now! I really enjoyed it, it most talk about it has been about representation issues or console performance, so the vibe has been "this game sucks because..." and most of the hits against it haven't been about game play or the story. Now keep in mind, if the game ran like crap for you or you were personally offended by the game, then I can see how you would be turned off all together, but I had neither of those issues and enjoyed some of the story beats a lot! Worth of being called better than the Witcher? No, hardly, but an engrossing game awaits past its technical and social flaws!  

I had a great time with the game, and came away impressed. Loved driving the streets of the city with the music blasting, there always felt like something interesting to do, even for a completionist like me.

aqwRquVptPv8jSkgiMhvSR-1200-80.jpg
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

The new content, and the livestream presentation, did not make a very good impression.

CD Projekt Red has revealed the full patch notes for Cyberpunk 2077's upcoming 1.3 patch, as well as details on the free DLC included with the update—which despite costing nothing has not made a very positive impression on some players.

Those new DLCs include two new jackets for V, an alternative appearance for Johnny Silverhand, and a new vehicle, the Archer Quartz Bandit, which can be purchased or earned as a reward. 

• Haha 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Cyberpunk 2077 (Early Access) - Information Thread, update - Patch 1.3 and first free DLC released
  • 1 month later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Cyberpunk 2077 (Early Access) - Information Thread, update - Lead Quest Designer requests "feedback" from community regarding what worked/what didn't
19 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:
Cyberpunk 2077 Lead Quest Designer Is Asking for Feedback on the Game's Quests
Cyberpunk 2077 Lead Quest Designer Pawel Sasko is asking for feedback on the game's quests to improve what does not work and more

They should just do it the way Assassin's Creed does it. You finish a mission and you rate it on the spot. :p

I beat this yesterday and I actually love the game itself, had a ton of fun playing it. It shows 170 hours but so much of that was probably idle it’s likely more like half that but still.

I actually didn’t do much and mostly played it through the main quest besides wandering around doing nothing. But I did a LOT of wandering around doing nothing, and I really enjoyed it, such an incredible futuristic city design to be able to explore.

The plot was hitting and missing for me all game and just when it seems like it’s starting to get interesting for real, it winds down fast and ended with a whimper for me.  For such a long journey even if i don’t count my wander time, it just didn’t do it for me at all. Maybe I just got a lame ending but idk how much really changes.

End game spoiler:

I went with panam at the end and her crew made me part of their gang or whatever and we stormed in and I get to the cyberspace prison and meet Johnny and Alt there and find out I only have 6 months to live anyway when they put me back so it was all for nothing sorta? So I join Alt and we do some damage to Arasaka releasing details of their activities to the press and johnny gets to live in my body and he makes friend’s with some kid.

I’ll have to read the spoilers here later now. I also didn’t like how the last area looked. Maybe they wanted it to look bad on purpose like something is wrong or whatever but it just looked like shit to me and made it harder to take serious.

• Thanks 1

On 9/27/2021 at 12:38 PM, Commissar SFLUFAN said:
WCCFcyberpunk207717.jpg
WCCFTECH.COM

Cyberpunk 2077 Lead Quest Designer Pawel Sasko is asking for feedback on the game's quests to improve what does not work and more

"Cyberpunk 2077 (Early Access) - Information Thread"

Our Exalted General Secretary being a prophet once again, praise be!

• 3 weeks later...