Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty (PC/PS5/Xbox Series) - Information Thread, update: Update 2.1 "Overview" trailer and patch notes

legend

1 hour ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Honestly, good, though we all knew this would be the case.  I hope since they are taking their time they are going to deliver something resembling the high end pc experience to current gen. This really is a fantastic game that people should get a chance to play properly. If they deliver with both of these editions (both in product and in marketing) they might have a chance to get some of their reputation back and start moving foward again. resetera is dead so they don’t even have to worry about them now.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Cyberpunk 2077 (Early Access) - Information Thread, update - CDPR announces 1Q 2022 target for next-gen versions
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Cyberpunk 2077 (Early Access) - Information Thread, update - the "Updates Roadmap" has been updated
  • 3 weeks later...

I mean, if it missed their cut off last year, and we get to count how the game is now on pc, it’s certainly one of if not the best game I played this year.

I actually just turned this on a bit yesterday to test out some improvements my tv got (finally proper 4k/120/vrr support!) and an amazing looking game my goodness. I don’t think Horizon 5, Rachet, or Guardians were able to quite dethrone it this year.

3 minutes ago, stepee said:

I mean, if it misse: their cut off last year, and we get to count how the game is now on pc, it’s certainly one of if not the best game I played this year.

Yea but you're in the minority when it comes to playing Cyberpunk on a very high end machine. The majority got a buggy trashy game. It doesn't deserve any fucking awards. Maybe an award for most disappointing game of all time.

• Haha 1
  • True 1

6 minutes ago, stepee said:

I mean, if it missed their cut off last year, and we get to count how the game is now on pc, it’s certainly one of if not the best game I played this year.

Going up against Monster Hunter Rise (This should actually be in the action section and Guardians of the Galaxy moved to RPG), Scarlet Nexus, SMTV and Tales of Arise, it certainly has it's work cut out for it

Just now, best3444 said:

Yea but you're in the minority when it comes to playing Cyberpunk on a very high end machine. The majority got a buggy trashy game. It doesn't deserve any fucking awards. Maybe an award for most disappointing game of all time.

eh, I think it’s pretty damn good for a lot of pc players by now, especially if you have nvidia. I mean I get it on principle, but I also get nominating games as long as at time of nomination one version of it is deserving. Otherwise you have to discuss what versions count to remove a game from nomination (a bad switch port? a bad xbox one s version?) rather than if a game is out there and it’s good then it counts.

1 minute ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Going up against Monster Hunter Rise (This should actually be in the action section and Guardians of the Galaxy moved to RPG), Scarlet Nexus, SMTV and Tales of Arise, it certainly has it's work cut out for it

I can’t tell if this is sarcastic or not, but for me I’m pretty sure Guardians is the only one I’d put next to it. 

14 minutes ago, stepee said:

I actually just turned this on a bit yesterday to test out some improvements my tv got (finally proper 4k/120/vrr support!) and an amazing looking game my goodness. I don’t think Horizon 5, Rachet, or Guardians were able to quite dethrone it this year.

Yeah, cyber is a thing of beauty on a high end machine! :sun:

• True 1

54 minutes ago, stepee said:

eh, I think it’s pretty damn good for a lot of pc players by now, especially if you have nvidia. I mean I get it on principle, but I also get nominating games as long as at time of nomination one version of it is deserving. Otherwise you have to discuss what versions count to remove a game from nomination (a bad switch port? a bad xbox one s version?) rather than if a game is out there and it’s good then it counts.

I don't agree but there's no point in continuing to talk about it. You got to play the best version of it so you're lucky. I really want to try this out someday on the new consoles with it being truly upgraded to utilize the systems power. That may never happen. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Cyberpunk 2077 (Early Access) - Information Thread, update: next-gen version to release in 1Q 2022
On 11/17/2021 at 11:07 AM, best3444 said:

They honestly should have never released the game on previous gen consoles at all. If it were possible to make it One X/Pro exclusive, maybe, but Sony and MS wouldn’t have allowed that. It’s a shame because the game is actually good on systems capable of running it.

• True 1

10 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

They honestly should have never released the game on previous gen consoles at all.

I feel that they should have just done a better job with the previous gen console versions than they did. Other similar games like Dying Light, Far Cry 5 & 6, Grand Theft Auto V, Metro Exodus and Rage 2 look and perform fine on previous gen consoles, so there’s really no reason why Cyberpunk 2077 shouldn’t as well. It looks and performs more like what I would expect from a Switch version of the game, it could have definitely looked and performed better on the PS4 and Xbox One than it does.

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

Well that is good news about them not giving up on the next gen version of the game. I do want to play this game at some point.

It’s a great game, and I say that based on playing it on PS4 Slim. Of course I would have liked for it to have looked and performed better than it did, but the graphics and performance were still decent enough for me to enjoy the game. It was the bugs and glitches that were my biggest problem, because they were plentiful and annoying. I’m sure that they fixed a lot of them by now, but I played it at launch and they were constant.

8 hours ago, Phaseknox said:

It’s a great game, and I say that based on playing it on PS4 Slim. Of course I would have liked for it to have looked and performed better than it did, but the graphics and performance were still decent enough for me to enjoy the game. It was the bugs and glitches that were my biggest problem, because they were plentiful and annoying. I’m sure that they fixed a lot of them by now, but I played it at launch and they were constant.

Yea. I played it at launch on my Xbox One X and I was actually diggin the game minus the mess behind it. I eventually quit because it got so bad but a next gen version would be dope.