Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty (PC/PS5/Xbox Series) - Information Thread, update: Update 2.1 "Overview" trailer and patch notes

legend

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Cyberpunk 2077 (Early Access) - Information Thread, update: Patch 1.52 released
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:
cyberpunk-1649694594977.jpg?width=1280
WWW.IGN.COM

While Cyberpunk 2077 has significantly improved from its notoriously difficult launch, a developer from CD Projekt says the game still has a long way to go.

For those that care.

They'll release the one announced major DLC expansion, and that will be the end of it (both the game and the Red Engine).

They really should make that montage an actual playable portion of the game and rework the fixers into that instead of the incessant phone calls. That would probably make the game better than any DLC they could make. A major expansion to the base game rather than a slapped on piece of side content could redeem the game similarly to No Man's Sky. 

• True 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Cyberpunk 2077 (Early Access) - Information Thread, update: first (and probably only) expansion slated for 2023 release, 18+ million units sold
  • 1 month later...
38 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Yes.

38 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

I only stopped playing it because Elden Ring came out. Other than one crash in 10 or so hours, it ran well on my Series X. I would definitely give it a shot. 

Very nice. Thank you.

Played this today and I was pleasantly surprised that it's extremely playable now on console. I chose the raytracing option for visuals and it looks really damn good. I didn't even see one bug in 3 hours of play time. It's a slow beginning but it's pretty interesting. I'm impressed what they did to fix this up. Overall though, the game isn't amazing or anything yet but it's cool.

I read reviews on the next-gen versions of this game and its getting in the 80's for scores. It seems this game is definitely worth playing through now. The visuals are some of the best I've seen which is always a beautiful thing for me.

@stepee You really enjoyed this, correct? How long did it take you to beat it? Any tips or advice before I play again?

Edit: They reviewed the xsx and ps5 updated 1.5 versions and its a score of 87 at metacritic. PC version sits at 86.

I'm pretty excited to dive back into this game today.

Played 2 more hours today. It's good but nothing great at the moment. I hope it picks up. The graphics are some of the best I've seen so that's keeping my interest mostly. :p

There isn't much of a story yet but I read the story is really solid. I guess I have to give it more time. The gun gameplay is a bit sloppy but I can't complain to much. I haven't explored the city either. Is it worth exploring?

48 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Played 2 more hours today. It's good but nothing great at the moment. I hope it picks up. The graphics are some of the best I've seen so that's keeping my interest mostly. :p

There isn't much of a story yet but I read the story is really solid. I guess I have to give it more time. The gun gameplay is a bit sloppy but I can't complain to much. I haven't explored the city either. Is it worth exploring?

The game runs fine now. Looks great. But it’s just not fun to me. 

1 minute ago, Biggie said:

The game runs fine now. Looks great. But it’s just not fun to me. 

That's the vibe I'm getting right now too. I'll give it more time tomorrow. If it doesn't hold my interest I'll go back to Forbidden West. 

@stepee didn't you really enjoy this? Does the game start out slow and then pick up?

Just now, best3444 said:

That's the vibe I'm getting right now too. I'll give it more time tomorrow. If it doesn't hold my interest I'll go back to Forbidden West. 

@stepee didn't you really enjoy this? Does the game start out slow and then pick up?

Yeah I enjoyed it a lot, I played with swords not guns though for the most part. That’s when the combat got super fun for me. The story is good the environment is great. I played mostly the main story path, going back I probably would have thrown more side quest stuff in while I played but I can do that when the expansion hits.

I don’t recall it starting slow, but when I played the beginning it was basically like THE thing to look at graphically for a glimpse of next gen so probably wouldn’t notice it if it did.

58 minutes ago, stepee said:

Yeah I enjoyed it a lot, I played with swords not guns though for the most part. That’s when the combat got super fun for me. The story is good the environment is great. I played mostly the main story path, going back I probably would have thrown more side quest stuff in while I played but I can do that when the expansion hits.

I don’t recall it starting slow, but when I played the beginning it was basically like THE thing to look at graphically for a glimpse of next gen so probably wouldn’t notice it if it did.

I haven't even seen a sword available in the game. I'll keep that in mind for combat sakes. If the game is impressing me visually on the XSX I can't imagine what it looks like with your setup. It has a grainy quality to it which doesn't bother me but it's odd they chose to use that look. Other than that, it's basically what a next-gen title should look like early on in the life cycle imo. 

29 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I haven't even seen a sword available in the game. I'll keep that in mind for combat sakes. If the game is impressing me visually on the XSX I can't imagine what it looks like with your setup. It has a grainy quality to it which doesn't bother me but it's odd they chose to use that look. Other than that, it's basically what a next-gen title should look like early on in the life cycle imo. 

Is film grain not an option you can turn off in visuals on XSX?

13 hours ago, stepee said:

Is film grain not an option you can turn off in visuals on XSX?

4 hours ago, best3444 said:

I'll have to look again. I hope the game picks up for me today. If not, back to Horizon Forbidden West. :p

Yes. You can turn off all visual extras (which I did ) except HDR

• Thanks 2

This game is very strange but it kept my interest for 2 hours. I finally got to the point where the game opens up. I'm extremely impressed by the city, amount of npcs on screen, and the detail throughout. It's a fuckin marvel visually. It's of next gen quality for sure!

I ran into some weird glitch that won't let me continue a quest. So I moved on but that was kinda lame. 

Overall, it's a unique game and I'm gunna keep playing. Keanu Reeves is cool in this so I enjoy that as well. 

@stepee I see options for blades now too. I might take your advice and use blades over guns. 

38 minutes ago, best3444 said:

This game is very strange but it kept my interest for 2 hours. I finally got to the point where the game opens up. I'm extremely impressed by the city, amount of npcs on screen, and the detail throughout. It's a fuckin marvel visually. It's of next gen quality for sure!

I ran into some weird glitch that won't let me continue a quest. So I moved on but that was kinda lame. 

Overall, it's a unique game and I'm gunna keep playing. Keanu Reeves is cool in this so I enjoy that as well. 

@stepee I see options for blades now too. I might take your advice and use blades over guns. 

Yeah it’s a great game. I used guns too sometimes but most of the time running around and sliding and parkouring and slicing and dodging made the action the most fun to play and also look the coolest.

• Halal 2

@stepee Finally got a katana off of someone I dropped. Lol, I swept out entire building with it. It's satisfying to use and much more powerful imo than the guns I've used so far. I'm already doing upgrades for blades when I level. 

The game is drawing me in but I'm having a hard time following everything that's going on in the story. It's pretty damn indepth with technology and terms used that I can't comphrend. I get the overall goal in the story so far so that's good. It reads I'm 8 hours in and I read that the game can be beat in 23 hours if you just follow the main story. I'm going to tackle side quests along the way. It's a game I want to go back to so that tells me it's a good game.

• Halal 1

2 hours ago, legend said:

Blades with the right class specing is so much fucking fun. In particular, get those fucking mantis blades. You fly around like a ninja. The game wants you to be Molly from Neuromancer.

Do you remember how long it took you to beat it?

8 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

It took me roughly 65 hours, and that included doing most of the side quests which I recommend doing as they’re good IMO.

Yes, I was reading to be sure to do the side quests because they are very well done. Looks like I'm tackling them for a while.