Elden Ring - Information Thread, update (02/21): Shadow of the Erdtree DLC "Collector's Edition Messmer the Impaler Statue" trailer

On 4/21/2022 at 9:04 PM, heydude93 said:

Dang, the Radahn fight was surprisingly easy when you realize all you gotta do is summon NPCs on the battlefield to distract him! It's almost a letdown given how hyped-up his character in the story/lore was. 

He was drastically nerfed, then they buffed him, but not near previous levels. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2022 at 5:54 PM, Dimden said:

Damn, they patched a bunch of skips and wrong warps. No more fast track to +10 weapons at the start (for now...)

Also, damn, didn't realize I put this much time in.

unknown.png

though maybe manually add up all the play time on each character and see if it matches. It probably does. But I know, at least on Xbox, if you don’t close a game completely the “play time” will keep increasing while the game is in standby. Which is very annoying as I then have no real idea how much my actual play time is vs how much of that is me going to sleep/work. 

I had put this game on the back burner because i had other games i wanted to play and i didn't wanna start this without being able devote my time to it. So I started on Saturday evening, I am about 9 hours in and have defeated the first 2 bosses. I can feel this game consuming me and all my free time. Thanks to @Zaku3for gifting me this and ruining any free time I may have in next few months.

• Like 1
  • Halal 3

2 hours ago, SimpleG said:

I had put this game on the back burner because i had other games i wanted to play and i didn't wanna start this without being able devote my time to it. So I started on Saturday evening, I am about 9 hours in and have defeated the first 2 bosses. I can feel this game consuming me and all my free time. Thanks to @Zaku3for gifting me this and ruining any free time I may have in next few months.

I wish I could go back in time to start this game again.

3 hours ago, Dimden said:

The best area is Haligtree. The most fun you'll have in this game, guaranteed.

I actually meant the Capitol but both are great. Some people found Haligtree annoying because of the “platforming” but it was fine imo and a cool area.

On 5/3/2022 at 11:27 AM, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

though maybe manually add up all the play time on each character and see if it matches. It probably does. But I know, at least on Xbox, if you don’t close a game completely the “play time” will keep increasing while the game is in standby. Which is very annoying as I then have no real idea how much my actual play time is vs how much of that is me going to sleep/work. 

if u go to menu ->system (I think) and then exit, it will show your actual game time. 

im at 83hrs. Level 120. Im on the mountaintop

Spoiler

Just crossed the rocky bridge with the giant firing arrows at you. And I did the giants mountaintop catacomb

and im considering just following the sites of grace to the next zone. There are two things I want to do in this area though: Finish Latennas quest and get the Rivers of Blood weapon. 

is there anything here I absolutely should do? I dont want to get locked out of content if I push through. 

Fire Giant down!!

now…what to do next

Spoiler

I grabbed the site of grace after the fire giant, but didnt move on to the next area yet. Since I cleared Castle Sol (I basically cleared all of mountaintop east as far as I can tell), I got the other half of the halgtree medallion and opened up the consecrated snowfield.

so… do I continue past the Fire Giant, or do I venture out into the consecrated snowfield? 

Oh yeah, I found Rivers of Blood, so I can scratch that off the to-do list. 

4 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Game is a 7. Nothing more. The more layers you peel back the more flaws you see. 

theres definitely a lot of flaws, but its the only game ive been playing with my limited time these days. Im 86hrs in and not bored of it yet, which is a testament to its staying power. Most open world games, by 20-25hrs, I check out. This is a solid 9 for me. 

my biggest issues are:

1.) most boss battles come down to the same tactics. Theres not a lot of diversity in how you approach a fight. A few of them were unique - Radahn, Rykard as of now. 

2.) the platforming in this game is a joke with the controls. They arent made for it and its obvious. 

3.) this game gets compared to BOTW a lot and its definitely the closest open world game to it. However, in BOTW you feel more connected to the world. Theres more interaction with the environment with the climbing, using it in fights, etc. In ER you kinda just exist inside of the world.

4.) lack of a quest log. this is self-explanatory and I think everyone agrees. I dont need a pin on the map telling me where to go, just a journal or something of the NPCs ive met and the conversation I had with them. 

• True 1
  • Halal 2

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Elden Ring - Information Thread, update: over 13.4 million units sold as of 31 March 2022
On 5/11/2022 at 6:00 PM, atom631 said:

good news. I think they have a winning formula that allows the casuals to have an enjoyable experience and also maintains the difficulty for the die-hards. 

yep. My least favorite part of this game are the “Legacy Dungeons” due to how spaced out the sites of Grace are. It’s what tells me no matter how much I like ER, it won’t translate to me liking other Souls games. 

anyways, lvl 134 with 138 hours. Decided to swap out a spirit ash. Tried the mimic tear, and omg, this is game changing. So broken and I love it!! 

• True 1

19 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

yep. My least favorite part of this game are the “Legacy Dungeons” due to how spaced out the sites of Grace are. It’s what tells me no matter how much I like ER, it won’t translate to me liking other Souls games. 

anyways, lvl 134 with 138 hours. Decided to swap out a spirit ash. Tried the mimic tear, and omg, this is game changing. So broken and I love it!! 

damn. Im not sure how I got so over-leveled so fast. I have 90hrs and im like level 142. I havent really farmed anything either. I did the dragon and night calvary in calied and thats it. Never did the bird farm until I actually got to that area from the portal in consecrated snowfield. Even then I only did the farm for 1 full level since I need like 125k+ runes now to level. 

It is crazy how many runes they throw at you late game. Mohg, Lord of Blood dropped 420K runes! Lol. That was 3 full level-ups and then a 4th using what was leftover and the crazy amount of hero/lord/golden 13 runes i had in my inventory. 

im in 

Spoiler

Crumbling farum azula

about 1/2 way through. I guess Im getting close to the end now. I still have the Haligtree left and then I think the boss rush and thats it. 

5 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I just found my way to the lake of rot. This game just went from a 9/10 game to a fucking 1/10. Awful area. Absolutely awful. I hate every minute I’m here more than I’ve hated anything else in this game. 

Good thing it’s completely optional! Or you can just sprint through it and it won’t take long. 

1 hour ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I just found my way to the lake of rot. This game just went from a 9/10 game to a fucking 1/10. Awful area. Absolutely awful. I hate every minute I’m here more than I’ve hated anything else in this game. 

Just sprint through it. There’s not a lot there. 

2 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

i just beelined through to the other side. Through the door theres a site of grace. I have no intention of ever going back. 

On 4/22/2022 at 6:55 PM, Dimden said:

Most of the action is happening at Main Academy Gate (duels) and Academy Town (Invasions), btw, use these group passwords. You should consistently see more dueling and coop signs in key areas.

FEXTRA - Fextralife Wiki

SEEKERS - Vaatividya's group password

seekers - Vaatividya's "special ed" group for people who don't pay attention

fcb - Fighting Cowboy (PvP YouTuber)

bros - ChaseTheBro (PvP YouTuber)

bread - Scott Jund Group (PvP YouTuber)

straydmn - Elden Ring Subreddit

btf - Beyond The Fog Subreddit

BERSERK - Manga Group

duckfeed - Bonfireside Chat Group

oxbox - Outside Xbox

Koopy - Two Best Friends Play

RING, Ring or ring - Any of these work

Finally got around to doing this. In heaven so much pvp. 

Magic users still suck though.

Im giving Rivers of Blood a try and this is basically easy mode. Lol. 

I was running moonviel for a long time and Maliketh was giving me such a hard time bc the delay/wind up required on moonviel. By the time I got it off, he moved. Tried RoB and got him on my 2nd try. 

I have 50 dex and 43 arcane. Am I better off respecing to higher dex? I also have 55 vigor, 25 endurance and 20 mind.