Update: North Korea claims that it "tragically ruined" a joint liaison office with South Korea with a "terrific explosion"

• 2 weeks later...

You wonder if Putin put this bug in Rocket Man’s ear with their recent visit. :hmm:

Conspiracy Theory Me:

I wonder if Trump told Putin today with their phone call, to tell Kim to let’er fly to to help take the news coverage off his Mueller report problems

:ceb:

• Guillotine 1

1 hour ago, silentbob said:

You wonder if Putin put this bug in Rocket Man’s ear with their recent visit. :hmm:

Conspiracy Theory Me:

I wonder if Trump told Putin today with their phone call, to tell Kim to let’er fly to to help take the news coverage off his Mueller report problems

:ceb:

• 4 weeks later...

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN1T02PD

(Reuters) - North Korea executed Kim Hyok Chol, its special envoy to the United States, and foreign ministry officials who carried out working-level negotiations for the second U.S.-North Korea summit in February, holding them responsible for its collapse, a South Korean newspaper reported on Friday.

Kim Yong Chol, a senior official who had been U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo's counterpart in the run-up to the summit between U.S. President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un in Hanoi, is also said to have been subjected to forced labor and ideological education, the Chosun Ilbo reported.

The North Korean leader is believed to be carrying out a massive purge to divert attention away from internal turmoil and discontent, the newspaper said.

Trump I'm sure can't do wait for the power to do the same 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 7/26/2019 at 8:25 PM, Jason said:

43 minutes ago, Jason said:

First off....empty handed or open ended. Pick one. Empty ended is not a fucking thing.

Second off, it kind of sounds like he is says we are paying attention to impeachment when there are more important things to worry about. But arguably, Trump's actions with North Korea could be on the impeachment list. They are connected.

Now, I don't mean to say that not dealing well with Best Korea should be an impeachable offense. If that were the case pretty much every president for the past three decades would have been impeached for it.

But, as with Ukraine and virtually every action he takes, we see with North Korea Trump's inherent inability to deal with a situation in the interest of the country rather than how it benefits himself personally. 

He spent the leverage of a meeting with POTUS for a cheap photo op(ironically, recent news about Ukraine shows Trump is well aware of just how valuable such photo ops are). He didn't just make a bad deal with N. Korea, he blatantly lied about the content or even goals of that deal to the American people.

While I wouldn't say it had a vast difference on the outcome of what N. Korea did in making bombs(they generally do whatever the fuck they want anyway) I think it is fair to say that Trump brainwashing his base into thinking everything was solved in N. Korea may have hampered any counter measures that might have taken place. Simply put, how much pressure can you put on them with sanctions when Donny Two Scoops is Tweeting Mission Accomplished?

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if we got something on his secret server detailing retaliation against some diplomat pushing for a harder line against N. Korea because that conflicts with Trump's campaign message of loving Lil Kim.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So things are going super well.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/north-korea-liaison-office-kaesong-explosion-demolish-dmz/2020/06/16/7c7a2dc0-af9d-11ea-98b5-279a6479a1e4_story.html?utm_campaign=wp_main&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

The joint facility in the North Korean border city of Kaesong — which the two sides opened in 2018 as a de facto embassy in the absence of formal diplomatic ties — was demolished shortly before 3 p.m. local time, the South's Unification Ministry said.

Shortly afterward, as smoke billowed near the heavily defended frontier, North Korea's state media said the liaison office was "tragically ruined with a terrific explosion."

1 hour ago, PaladinSolo said:

So things are going super well.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/north-korea-liaison-office-kaesong-explosion-demolish-dmz/2020/06/16/7c7a2dc0-af9d-11ea-98b5-279a6479a1e4_story.html?utm_campaign=wp_main&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

The joint facility in the North Korean border city of Kaesong — which the two sides opened in 2018 as a de facto embassy in the absence of formal diplomatic ties — was demolished shortly before 3 p.m. local time, the South's Unification Ministry said.

Shortly afterward, as smoke billowed near the heavily defended frontier, North Korea's state media said the liaison office was "tragically ruined with a terrific explosion."

I enjoy North Korea's way with words. 

• Haha 1