Update: North Korea claims that it "tragically ruined" a joint liaison office with South Korea with a "terrific explosion"

44 minutes ago, Jason said:

Ted Lieu is an idiot and this "request" was never going to be something that happened anyway. Plus, we kinda already have this information. Actual wisdom from an expert is better than twitter polemics from a politician:

This is actually fine and works as a de-escalation off-ramp. What if we demand a full accounting, they say they have 40 nukes, we know they have 60. What then? NK has the bomb and there's no getting around that, minus an invasion that would result in tens of millions dead. Honestly this is a time when Congressional Democrats need to stfu and let the process play out 

Just now, skillzdadirecta said:

Trump speaking live and Sean Hannity gets a question... Hannity is a journalist now? Also Trump on Cohen... "He lied about 95% of the things he said... but he was truthful about no-collusion" :silly:

"I'm in TV and in radio."

Had to justify his credentials for a mic.

Trump’s defense of Kim in the torture and murder of Warmbier is somehow a new low for me. I don’t know how I’m still surprised by the things he says.

Just now, sblfilms said:

Trump’s defense of Kim in the torture and murder of Warmbier is somehow a new low for me. I don’t know how I’m still surprised by the things he says.

It's going to get significantly worse over the coming days and weeks.

I don't have any direct evidence of this, but every time I've said I can't believe how low he just went, he goes lower.

Parents of Otto Warmbier speak out after President Trump's comments on Kim Jong Un and responsibility for Warmbier's death:

"Kim and his evil regime are responsible for the death of our son Otto ... No excuses or lavish praise can change that."

20 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Parents of Otto Warmbier speak out after President Trump's comments on Kim Jong Un and responsibility for Warmbier's death:

"Kim and his evil regime are responsible for the death of our son Otto ... No excuses or lavish praise can change that."

They are far more kind than I would be in this situation.

On 2/28/2019 at 1:26 AM, mclumber1 said:

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/02/27/trump-kim-jong-un-summit-1194752

Trump and Kim call off summit early.  NO DEAL

I just want to rant slightly. This article opens with:

President Donald Trump has left Vietnam without the nuclear deal he was hoping to strike with North Korean Kim Jong Un — a stinging result for a president seeking a foreign policy win to carry into 2020.

Why is this this first fucking point and response? That we constantly treat all these events as a political game where the winner gets to be in office is fucking insane. It sucks for *everyone* because North Korea is a dangerous country that can put many people's lives at risk.

5 minutes ago, legend said:

Why is this this first fucking point and response? That we constantly treat all these events as a political game where the winner gets to be in office is fucking insane. It sucks for *everyone* because North Korea is a dangerous country that can put many people's lives at risk.

Because it's a Politico article that views EVERYTHING through the lens of politics, rather than the actual real world consequences.

It's also an incredibly stupid point because ABSOLUTELY NO ONE in the average voting electorate either gives a damn about foreign policy or will remember this in 2020.

• 1 month later...