U.S. Coast Guard lieutenant intended to "murder innocent civilians on a scale rarely seen in this country." The man apparently searched the names of Democratic officials, political organizations, and MSNBC and CNN media personalities.

Guy is a self-professed white nationalist.

"I am dreaming of a way to kill almost every last person on the earth," reads a draft email found on his computer. "I think a plague would be most successful but how do I acquire the needed/ Spanish flu, botulism, anthrax not sure yet but will find something."

From January 2017 to January 2019, "the defendant conducted online searches and made thousands of visits for pro-Russian, neo-fascist, and neo-Nazi literature," the document says.

In another letter to himself found on his computer, court papers say, he says, "I am a long time White Nationalist, having been a skinhead 30 plus years ago before my time in the military."

Prosecutors say the list included designations they believe referred to Democratic Sens. Richard Blumenthal, Chuck Schumer, Elizabeth Warren, Tim Kaine, Kirsten Gillibrand and Cory Booker; House Speaker Nancy Pelosi; and House Democrats Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Maxine Waters, Ilhan Omar and Sheila Jackson. Also on it was former Rep. Beto O'Rourke and former Hillary Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta.

Media figures on the list included Scarborough, MSNBC hosts Chris Hayes and Ari Melber, and CNN's Don Lemon, Chris Cuomo and Van Jones.

True story, I was at a bar hanging out with buddies last year during March Madness and one of my friends SWORE Van Jones was sitting across from us with friends watching the game. I could never get a good look at him because his back was to us most of the evening and it would have been pretty weird and stalker-y to make my way around the bar so we never found out conclusively... we still argue about it to this day though. Full disclosure,  my buddy was white so he may have just been confused seeing another ball headed black man with glasses:lol: I give him a hard time about that lol

4 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

True story, I was at a bar hanging out with buddies last year during March Madness and one of my friends SWORE Van Jones was sitting across from us with friends watching the game. I could never get a good look at him because his back was to us most of the evening and it would have been pretty weird and stalker-y to make my way around the bar so we never found out conclusively... we still argue about it to this day though. Full disclosure,  my buddy was white so he may have just been confused seeing another ball headed black man with glasses:lol: I give him a hard time about that lol

I have a running theory that white people are terrified of black people because they think they all look the same, and who wouldn’t be afraid of seeing clones everywhere?

It’s not a great theory.

• Haha 1