The Thread of Sensible Chuckles

Jason

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2020 at 5:03 PM, Remarkableriots said:

Who washes their rice after cooking it? I have literally never heard of anyone doing this before. Why would you do that? What? How? Wash your rice and cook it. There shouldn't be any water left in the pot when you're done.

What? Why?

3 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

Who washes their rice after cooking it? I have literally never heard of anyone doing this before. Why would you do that? What? How? Wash your rice and cook it. There shouldn't be any water left in the pot when you're done.

What? Why?

I don't think it's all that uncommon of a thing to do, though it does seem to a) cool down the rice too much and b) remove a lot of the texture.

2 minutes ago, Nokra said:

I don't think it's all that uncommon of a thing to do, though it does seem to a) cool down the rice too much and b) remove a lot of the texture.

Really? It's always been wash the rice before you cook it and then cook it at a ratio where there's no water left after you cook it. If you don't want all that starch, why cook the rice in all that starch? This is the case whether you're cooking it in a rice cooker or on the stove. That's also the case if you aren't using water. I just cooked some coconut jasmine rice for dinner. I just sub the water for coconut milk. Same ratio. Still aren't left with any liquid in the pot and I certainly don't want to wash any of that residual oil and salt on the rice afterward. That's just crazy talk.

52 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

Now I wanna see him make fried rice haha. 

Also that’s the stupidest way to get the egg into the fried rice. Put the rice in while the egg is still cooking. That way it costs the grains while it’s cooking and you get more egg flavor in each bite. 

Thank you. I was so fixated on how dumb this method of coming rice is that I forgot to mention that making scrambled eggs saving them for later is such a weird extra step to take. It's more work and doesn't even taste as good.

Anytime I've ever made fried rice, as soon as the egg hits the heat, the rice is going in. That rice is also usually some straight from the fridge, day or two old rice. This should literally only take like 10 or 15 minutes to cook.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

Thank you. I was so fixated on how dumb this method of coming rice is that I forgot to mention that making scrambled eggs saving them for later is such a weird extra step to take. It's more work and doesn't even taste as good.

Anytime I've ever made fried rice, as soon as the egg hits the heat, the rice is going in. That rice is also usually some straight from the fridge, day or two old rice. This should literally only take like 10 or 15 minutes to cook.

Yep, this as well, i usually make fried rice when I know I’m getting home from work late so I make the rice the day before. It really should take 15 min tops. 

On 8/8/2020 at 5:06 AM, Keyser_Soze said:

I only watched a few minutes but the movement was amazing, especially the 'stealthy chase' part running into the wall like an idiot. Also liked the 'accidentally hit interact button twice and repeat same shit and wait for animation to play out in a rage' moment at the dog statue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1