The Thread of Sensible Chuckles

Jason

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/30/2020 at 5:21 PM, Ghost_MH said:

Who washes their rice after cooking it? I have literally never heard of anyone doing this before. Why would you do that? What? How? Wash your rice and cook it. There shouldn't be any water left in the pot when you're done.

What? Why?

Reading through this thread because I'm bored and I came upon this. I actually used to both wash my rice beforehand and then cook it in a ton of water and drain it.  The main reason is because this method eliminates over half of the arsenic content in your rice. I don't do this anymore out of sheer laziness, but when I used to the rice was still excellent. Rinsing it after draining is crazy talk, though!

1 hour ago, Nokra said:

^ worked in retail a couple years, have definitely heard all of those. :lol:

We have this guy who used to come into the restaurant like 3 times a week, and he would complain about *something* every. single. time. Without fail. I think one of my managers at one point might have even said something to the tune of "why do you even come here? the food's not even that good." And yet he still kept on coming in. I haven't seen him since pre-pandemic, though, plus I don't work days very often.

I think it's a thing where people who complain about stuff like that just want to feel special for a minute.