Trump ‘at this moment’ opposes deal to avert shutdown, wants more border funding

Jason

So just before Trump goes on national TV to turn public opinion on his side, another senate R says its time to re-open the government without the border wall funding in place.

Dems in the senate also filibustered the Middle East bill with 4 defections, Sinema, Jones, Menendez, and Manchin.

1 minute ago, SFLUFAN said:

Nancy and Chuck should publicly revive the 2017 offer: $15 billion for border security in exchange for path to citizenship for DACA recipients.

Or just play the "I'll own the shutdown and won't blame the Democrats" clip on loop for ten minutes. 

Just now, SFLUFAN said:

No, the Democrats need to put something on the table to ensure that the ball is firmly in the GOP court.

I'm not very familiar with the appropriations process, but I would love to see House Democrats offer $5.7b for border security, allowing it to be spent on just about anything other than a physical structure.

Let the GOP and Trump turn it down.