[AAAAND IT'S GONE] NES Classic up on Walmart for MSRP with free 2-day shipping.

Jason

1 minute ago, TheLeon said:

My Target got 80 systems. By the time I left at 12:30, we had sold 5. They might not be ridiculously hard to find this time around. But yeah, we only received a few extra controllers, both wired and wireless. 

Are the wireless ones by Nintendo or a third party?

2 minutes ago, JosephManderley said:

I really don't understand the hype about these mini systems.  I would sooner just have the games on my Switch. 

Does that mean that I am a bad person? 

I find Mario 3 hard to play on 3DS etc because it seems like they've flipped what A and B do. :/ Way too much muscle memory built up for it to feel right.

I also just overall find value in getting the authentic controllers.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Jason said:

I find Mario 3 hard to play on 3DS etc because it seems like they've flipped what A and B do. :/

I also just overall find value in getting the authentic controllers.

That makes sense.  I never owned a NES, had a Sega Master System, so I wouldn't notice stuff like that, and I have no nostalgia for the hardware. 

3 minutes ago, JosephManderley said:

That makes sense.  I never owned a NES, had a Sega Master System, so I wouldn't notice stuff like that, and I have no nostalgia for the hardware. 

I'd kill to play some Coach K College Basketball. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JosephManderley said:

If getting authentic controllers doesn't have any to you then you're probably best off just making an emulator box and buying some third-party controllers.

• Jason changed the title to [AAAAND IT'S GONE] NES Classic up on Walmart for MSRP with free 2-day shipping.

I grabbed one from BB and the controller from the last GameStop in my area who had it. :dancing:

And I went to like 3-4 GameStops. They all had the system. It’s going to be the controller now that’s tough to get. Stupid Nintendo. Just add the second fucking controller and make it $70. 

Had no problem getting one. Ordered one from Best Buy last night, went to target at 1230 today and they had them in stock so I got one from there. 

I didn’t know the controller cable was only 3 feet, what the hell?  I’ll have to look into wireless controllers. Any suggestions?

I bought the Super NES yesterday at Best Buy and walked into a Walmart at 7:30am today and bought the NES Classic. It's been a good 2 days :) . The guy stocking the shelf at Walmart said they didn't receive any extra controllers and people on reddit said a lot of stores seemed lucky to get between 2-5 controllers in each store. Checked most major sites all day today but they never seemed to come in stock. Just pisses me off a little seeing a $9.99 controller jacked up to $50 from 3rd party sellers. 

47 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

Omaha...so yeah sure? 

Well, I live in Little Rock, so it's Bigger than my area. :p

Sucks, seems like most people aren't having a problem getting one. Surely Omaha will catch up with everyone else soon. 

I grew up in a real Podunk town. A city of half a million people is far from Podunk. 

38 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Sucks, seems like most people aren't having a problem getting one. Surely Omaha will catch up with everyone else soon. 

I grew up in a real Podunk town. A city of half a million people is far from Podunk. 

Actually, it looks like a few targets might have them... I’ll check it out in the morning!!

2 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I grew up in a town of 3,000. The county seat, no less. 

On 6/29/2018 at 12:22 PM, Rodimus said:

I just ordered one. I chose in store pickup so July 5th I can get it. I'm in no rush. I just need to track down a 2nd controller.

Gamestop has them back in stock online: https://www.gamestop.com/accessories/nintendo-nes-classic-controller-ships-by-7-13/165702

Won't ship until 7/13 but at least you can secure one.