Non-binary teen in Oklahoma dies after being brutally attacked in school bathroom

WWW.THEPINKNEWS.COM

Nex Benedict, a teenager who identified as non-binary, has died following an alleged assault in a high school bathroom in Oklahoma, US.

This story has sent ripples of grief throughout the trans community for the past few days.

It's hard to add much more to this story because I keep bursting into tears. But Oklahoma had recently passed a bathroom law for trans kids in public schools and Nex had reported being bullied but the school did not act on it. After the assault the school refused to call the ambulance and suspended Nex for using the women's restroom. The next day Nex died.

The Libs of Tiktok lady is on the Oklahoma school board and it now looks like the school is trying to cover it up to avoid being held accountable. The police even released a false statement that the death was not caused by trauma that they quickly retracted. There's needs to be a federal investigation into this now.

• Guillotine 2
  • Sad 8
  • Hugs 1

This whole thing is super fucked. I've read that the fact that they died at home was being reported to try to make it seem like it was just a coincidence while leaving out that they had a fucking seizure related to repeatedly having their head slammed against the floor at school.

• Guillotine 2

57 minutes ago, Jason said:

This whole thing is super fucked. I've read that the fact that they died at home was being reported to try to make it seem like it was just a coincidence while leaving out that they had a fucking seizure related to repeatedly having their head slammed against the floor at school.

When I read that, I assumed suicide or an overdose the way they danced around the fact of head trauma.

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

The Oklahoma governor -- who has done more than his fair share to facilitate this atrocity -- called it a "tragedy" and politely asked the cops for "tranperancy" in their "investgation".

Was the governor doing this during their speech?

spacer.png

• Sicko 1

this is incredibly sad. hoping the district gets blasted for trying to cover this up. 

while nowhere is completely safe, i’m glad that i teach in california. my site at least fully supports  these students and when i first started teaching i was pleasantly surprised at how many students were accepting of trans/nonbinary/etc students. of course there are always going to be assholes but i feel like things are trending in the right direction in some places in this damn country. 

• Halal 1

I'm glad my trans cousin lives in Delaware.  Both DE and PA are fairly tolerant when it comes to LGBTQ+ rights.  But I constantly fear with this upcoming election that if Trump wins, he will more than likely make basic living a hell for her and her wife.

Fuck.

• Hugs 5

Oh hey it's all good!  Nothing wrong happened here, guys.  It's apparently just the "radical left" making up a bunch of hullabaloo for nothing.  The assault had nothing to do with any of it and, guess what?  Transgender people don't even exist! :silly:

WWW.NYTIMES.COM

The Oklahoma school superintendent, Ryan Walters, said “radical leftists” had created a narrative about the death of 16-year-old Nex Benedict that “hasn’t been true.”

• Guillotine 1

This type of thing was going to happen eventually—moral panics targeting marginalized groups always have to rack up body counts before people on the fence realize just how dumb they’re being.

The question is how many people will get burned at the stake before Salem —erm, I mean America—wakes the fuck up.

29 minutes ago, Slug said:

Oh hey it's all good!  Nothing wrong happened here, guys.  It's apparently just the "radical left" making up a bunch of hullabaloo for nothing.  The assault had nothing to do with any of it and, guess what?  Transgender people don't even exist! :silly:

WWW.NYTIMES.COM

The Oklahoma school superintendent, Ryan Walters, said “radical leftists” had created a narrative about the death of 16-year-old Nex Benedict that “hasn’t been true.”

Most important lesson in ‘chud solidarity 101’: if you say it, it’s true, as long as it supports chudworld, because what chud is actually going to take the time to figure out you’re lying—or care, for that matter?

18 hours ago, Firewithin said:

maybe something good may happen but who knows anymore

WWW.ADVOCATE.COM

The U.S. Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights has initiated an investigation into the Oklahoma school district where the 16-year-old sophomore went to school and was bullied before his death.

Thank god 

For the umpteenth fucking time, this notion that kids, generally, don't know which way they're wired is fucking absurd to me. Ask any of these reductive shit gobblers if there was ever a time when they were young, before they had feelings that could be categorized as sexual attraction, that they weren't sure if they would be into boys or girls. None of them will. I've said it before but when I was in preschool or kindergarten, one of my friends asked me if I wanted to smooch like our respective parents did, and we tried it. I wouldn't have said yes if my friend was a boy. And we were young enough that it wasn't sexual. I wouldn't have had the ability to explain why I wouldn't have been "interested" in kissing a boy, but I knew that I wasn't.

Obviously sexuality is complicated, not everyone is "as straight" as I was and am (lousy and inelegant phrasing, but I don't have better to draw upon at the moment), but this notion that most children, even young ones, somehow don't know what or how they feel is silly. And again for the billionth time, nobody's advocating that gender reassignment surgery is first, second, or third line treatment for kids. That's just not happening.

Motherfuckers need to leave trans and enby kids alone if they're not theirs or their loved ones. It's so fucking easy to do, Jesus Christ.

• Like 1
  • True 1

33 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

For the umpteenth fucking time, this notion that kids, generally, don't know which way they're wired is fucking absurd to me. Ask any of these reductive shit gobblers if there was ever a time when they were young, before they had feelings that could be categorized as sexual attraction, that they weren't sure if they would be into boys or girls. None of them will. I've said it before but when I was in preschool or kindergarten, one of my friends asked me if I wanted to smooch like our respective parents did, and we tried it. I wouldn't have said yes if my friend was a boy. And we were young enough that it wasn't sexual. I wouldn't have had the ability to explain why I wouldn't have been "interested" in kissing a boy, but I knew that I wasn't.

Obviously sexuality is complicated, not everyone is "as straight" as I was and am (lousy and inelegant phrasing, but I don't have better to draw upon at the moment), but this notion that most children, even young ones, somehow don't know what or how they feel is silly. And again for the billionth time, nobody's advocating that gender reassignment surgery is first, second, or third line treatment for kids. That's just not happening.

Motherfuckers need to leave trans and enby kids alone if they're not theirs or their loved ones. It's so fucking easy to do, Jesus Christ.

Kids don't have agency in their view. Nor women, obviously.

7 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

Kids don't have agency in their view. Nor women, obviously.

Nor gay men, don’t forget them. They all need Christian chuds to tell them what’s good for them