The Last of Us Part II Remastered (PS5 | $10 upgrade path) - "Grounded II: Making The Last of Us Part II" documentary released

SaysWho?

Beat this for the 4th time tonight. It’s my favorite game of all-time and an emotional roller-coaster. The gameplay is a step above the competition and I don't see any game beating this for me any time soon. 

10/10

• Hype 1

Just now, stepee said:

Apparently this mentioned at the end that TLOU3 is in concept stage and their next game is something else. TLOU3 is 2031 at the absolute earliest. 

That fuckin blows. I read rumors what it might be about and it doesn't sound too hot actually. Oh well, I'll keep playing part 1 and 2 when I need a fix. 

I enjoyed tlou when it dropped but was lttp with 2, and I think it's one gorgeous game but I'd be lying if I didn't say I just don't think movie games are that fun anymore... Just way to cinematic for me, bought this and doubt ill fully play it. 

Absolutely stunning for being a ps4 game and how they polished it for ps5. 

12 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I enjoyed tlou when it dropped but was lttp with 2, and I think it's one gorgeous game but I'd be lying if I didn't say I just don't think movie games are that fun anymore... Just way to cinematic for me, bought this and doubt ill fully play it. 

Absolutely stunning for being a ps4 game and how they polished it for ps5. 

but... you loved Alan Wake 2 :confused:

• True 1

3 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

but... you loved Alan Wake 2 :confused:

Yea... Hard to explain tho, it may be the overall feel of tlou2.. It's fairly depressing, and alan wake being more twin peakish grabs me more. 

I feel like I'm watching more in tlou2 than playing. 

2 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

That's how I felt playing Alan Wake 2...

Yea, it's definitely in same ballpark. Tlou2 just feels super cinematic, there's times I just put the controller down and I'm like ok already let's get going, and forced walking parts etc... Didn't feel that as much in AW2 but eh, Is what it is.. I ultimately want to get the plat for it. 

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

That fuckin blows. I read rumors what it might be about and it doesn't sound too hot actually. Oh well, I'll keep playing part 1 and 2 when I need a fix. 

Well, the good news is that if it’s in the concept phase those rumors about what it’s about are probably bunk :P

Just now, stepee said:

Well, the good news is that if it’s in the concept phase those rumors about what it’s about are probably bunk :P

Probably right. I was just watching Neil Druckmann and he basically said they have a good concept to finish the series off. I will have to wait for the PS6.

8 minutes ago, best3444 said:

TLOU 2 has a TON of gameplay. 

I get where he’s coming from though. There is a decent percentage of that game that isn’t cutscenes, but you aren’t really doing anything other than moving your character forward while more dialogue happens.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

I get where he’s coming from though. There is a decent percentage of that game that isn’t cutscenes, but you aren’t really doing anything other than moving your character forward while more dialogue happens.

I see. That's accurate. 

17 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

Yea just drags on, even in AW2 I as well got impatient...its sort of the issue I'm having with ff7 a bit, the combat is really fun but you get 2 or 3 fights then just nonstop cutscenes etc...

Coming from hammering out ER and Bloodborne that's nonstop action is also why I feel the slow down a bit more than normal 

When the combat opens up in Tlou2 tho it's great but just wish it was more gamey than movie. I'll get it played tho, tlou was a good ride 

47 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I dunno, Part II is pretty woke for some people...

It's crazy to me that this game is considered woke when the trans character is stated to be trans because the females in their village get forced married off at like 11 and they just didn't want all the rape. And other than that, while there is some diversity in the game both games are really mostly filled with white characters. But hey two (white) female protagonists and one is a lesbian and the other is just, not conventionally attractive and that's all you need to be woke to some people...

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Dodger said:

It's crazy to me that this game is considered woke when the trans character is stated to be trans because the females in their village get forced married off at like 11 and they just didn't want all the rape. And other than that, while there is some diversity in the game both games are really mostly filled with white characters. But hey two (white) female protagonists and one is a lesbian and the other is just, not conventionally attractive and that's all you need to be woke to some people...

All you have to do is have LGBTQ people acknowledged in media for it to be considered “woke.”

But these people can’t even really define “woke” so lol. 

• True 2

25 minutes ago, best3444 said:

What does "woke" mean? 

"Woke is an adjective derived from African-American Vernacular English meaning "alert to racial prejudice and discrimination". Beginning in the 2010s, it came to encompass a broader awareness of social inequalities such as racial injustice, sexism, and denial of LGBT rights."

Basically what chuds hate.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

"Woke is an adjective derived from African-American Vernacular English meaning "alert to racial prejudice and discrimination". Beginning in the 2010s, it came to encompass a broader awareness of social inequalities such as racial injustice, sexism, and denial of LGBT rights."

Basically what chuds hate.

I’d say the easiest way to describe its current use is as a way to describe not liking something due to reasons you don’t feel comfortable saying in public. No community supportive of those things actually uses the term and it’s strictly used by people unsupportive of those things in place of saying things they know are not accepted socially. 

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

I’d say the easiest way to describe its current use is as a way to describe not liking something due to reasons you don’t feel comfortable saying in public. No community supportive of those things actually uses the term and it’s strictly used by people unsupportive of those things in place of saying things they know are not accepted socially. 

Except on social media. Because then you're free to say whatever hateful shit you want that you wouldn't say in polite company. Makes fragile men(and sometimes women) look big and bad.

• True 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to The Last of Us Part II Remastered (PS5 | $10 upgrade path) - "Grounded II: Making The Last of Us Part II" documentary released
6 minutes ago, legend said:

Breaking the rule to share this one clip from the video. This angers me so much. No one deserves this, but Laura is a such a sweet person it's rage inducing.

Unfuckin believable. Some of those haters are mentally ill. Jfc.

On 2/3/2024 at 9:46 AM, best3444 said:

Unfuckin believable. Some of those haters are mentally ill. Jfc.

Yeah, there’s definitely something wrong with them and they should be locked up because they’re mentally deranged and dangerous.