The Last of Us Part II Remastered (PS5 | $10 upgrade path) - "Grounded II: Making The Last of Us Part II" documentary released

SaysWho?

14 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Yes. You must gave forgotten the game modes they added. Lost levels too. 

Game modes don’t interest me. Fluff and padding. How many lost levels? I just feel Naughty Dog is bleeding people out at this point. Make a new damn game. 

2 hours ago, Biggie said:

Game modes don’t interest me. Fluff and padding. How many lost levels? I just feel Naughty Dog is bleeding people out at this point. Make a new damn game. 

I don't recall any specifics but I kinda agree that Naughty Dog is milking the series now. I just want confirmation that they are actually making a TLOU 3. 

Finished my first No Return run. Probably took longer than it should, considering they’re only 6 stages. It was with Jesse, who doesn’t have the most exciting starting kit, but he is able to but more stuff at the trading post between rounds, which turned out to really save my neck a couple different ways during the boss fight. 

• Halal 1

Good God.

KOTAKU.COM

Developer commentary on the PS5 remaster reveals some crucial characters almost didn’t make it to the end

The Last of Us Part II Remastered has a lot of behind-the-scenes content in its special features. It’s cool to get a glimpse into what could have been, such as the playable cut segments in the Lost Levels. However, on the other end of the spectrum, we also learn about how easily the game could have been a much worse, far less poignant version of itself if a previous draft of the narrative ended up being the story we got. While dueling protagonists Ellie and Abby’s revenge tour has made The Last of Us Part II a divisive game for its takes on the cyclical nature of violence, it turns out earlier drafts had a lot more senseless violence that would have fundamentally changed the story’s overarching themes.

I'll tell you what. I'm currently playing this again and I'm still shocked and saddened by all the killing in this game. 

I just hit the part where a WLF shoots Ellie's and Dina's horse in the head which I kinda forgot about. I felt sick in the stomach. The game is so fuckin brutal. 

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to The Last of Us Part II Remastered (PS5 | $10 upgrade path) - "Grounded II: Making The Last of Us Part II" documentary to release on February 2

I'm kind of surprised that they didn't do more upgrades in the visuals. Not that the game really needs it, and for $10 it's not as if they needed to in order to justify the value proposition, I just usually expect Naughty Dog to go above and beyond. I imagine that they're probably not very far along tech wise with their next engine upgrade, especially given that they've had a bunch of resources being juggled around with the cancellation of the multiplayer game. My first instinct is that it would make more sense to release this in another year when Season 2 of the show is about to hit, but maybe that still wouldn't have been enough time for more tech to trickle down. I also wonder if they just looked at how much effort it would have been to upgrade the assets and just figured it wouldn't be a big enough upgrade to justify the work.

Whatever the case, I'll probably catch up on this next year before the season 2, and I'll happily pay the $10.

• True 1

18 hours ago, best3444 said:

I'll tell you what. I'm currently playing this again and I'm still shocked and saddened by all the killing in this game. 

I just hit the part where a WLF shoots Ellie's and Dina's horse in the head which I kinda forgot about. I felt sick in the stomach. The game is so fuckin brutal. 

Gotta try No Return. I had one level where time slowed down every time I got a headshot. I was using the double barrel shotgun, and those exploding heads in slow mo was insane. 

5 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

Gotta try No Return. I had one level where time slowed down every time I got a headshot. I was using the double barrel shotgun, and those exploding heads in slow mo was insane. 

I will try this out later today. I was introduced to the shotgun in the TV station today and blew off limbs a few time. Slow mo sounds cool. 

• Hype 1

3 hours ago, best3444 said:

I will try this out later today. I was introduced to the shotgun in the TV station today and blew off limbs a few time. Slow mo sounds cool. 

Shotty to tha body like John Gotti 

• Halal 1

5 hours ago, TwinIon said:

I'm kind of surprised that they didn't do more upgrades in the visuals. Not that the game really needs it, and for $10 it's not as if they needed to in order to justify the value proposition, I just usually expect Naughty Dog to go above and beyond.

To be fair, it's a remaster, not a remake, so the upgrade was always going to be minimal. PS3 TLOU: Part 1 to PS4 TLOU Part 1: Remastered was a bigger leap since the tech leap was bigger. TLOU: Part II was already coming out at the end of the PS4's lifecycle and pushing the tech to its absolute limit so I imagine, for a remaster, there just wasn't much there to do (hence why this can seem like a cash grab). I'll laugh if they do a remake as well for part II by the time season 3 of the show comes out or something (since they've said TLOU: Part II will likely need multiple seasons to fully adapt. Obviously season 2 will be coming out too soon for a remake with the remaster just dropping.

5 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

To be fair, it's a remaster, not a remake, so the upgrade was always going to be minimal. PS3 TLOU: Part 1 to PS4 TLOU Part 1: Remastered was a bigger leap since the tech leap was bigger. TLOU: Part II was already coming out at the end of the PS4's lifecycle and pushing the tech to its absolute limit so I imagine, for a remaster, there just wasn't much there to do (hence why this can seem like a cash grab). I'll laugh if they do a remake as well for part II by the time season 3 of the show comes out or something (since they've said TLOU: Part II will likely need multiple seasons to fully adapt. Obviously season 2 will be coming out too soon for a remake with the remaster just dropping.

I think most "remasters" have the luxury of having like 20 or so years in between, so it's like a prettied up version of the same game.

This game is more like a compatibility update with a new mode for $10, not much has changed visually so calling it a remaster feels like a stretch.

Like I said earlier, they didn't do themselves a favor by calling it remaster. They should have just called it definitive edition or ps5 edition or something.

• True 2

2 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I think most "remasters" have the luxury of having like 20 or so years in between, so it's like a prettied up version of the same game.

This game is more like a compatibility update with a new mode for $10, not much has changed visually so calling it a remaster feels like a stretch.

Like I said earlier, they didn't do themselves a favor by calling it remaster. They should have just called it definitive edition or ps5 edition or something.

I mean, technically it is a remaster. But yeah, given how recent and how hard the original game was pushing things, there was really no need for this. But here we are.

• True 1

2 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Oh. How much have you played of this? I didn't realize you got that far. 

I think I quit playing  once 

Spoiler

the girls got high and kissed and Joel was killed. Then they set out to find the group who did it. Started working my way thru abandon towns with clickers and the bad guys. 

Then I stopped. 

12 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I think I quit playing  once 

Hide contents

the girls got high and kissed and Joel was killed. Then they set out to find the group who did it. Started working my way thru abandon towns with clickers and the bad guys. 

Then I stopped. 

Ok. How did you see the museum scene then? That's 7 hours in lol. 

I wish you weren't startled by these games because it's so freakin good. 

13 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Ok. How did you see the museum scene then? That's 7 hours in lol. 

I wish you weren't startled by these games because it's so freakin good. 

Well I dunno lol but I saw it. They 

Spoiler

Got in the space capsule from the 60’s and talked and shit. Is this #2 or #1?